Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-01-2019, 12:01 PM   #1

No Black Tank Valve with Sanicon

I have a 2020 Eagle HT with the Sanicon system in it. I went to dump just one of the Grey tanks and realized there is no black tank gate valve. There is a valve for each of the 2 grey tanks, 1 for the Sanicon pump and the main gate valve. It appears there is no way to dump any water out of the grey tanks without dumping the black tank first. Is this normal? My Grey tanks fill up faster than the Black tank and i like to have the black tank at least 3/4 full before dumping just to make sure i get everything out. Am I missing a valve? Kind of new to this, so this just doesn't make sense to me.
Nathan S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 03:31 PM   #2

A little off your topic but a gentleman made a video about drilling a hole in the sewer and grey water outlet valves..looking for help or advice on were to find it
Jacyko rookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 05:57 PM   #3

That doesn’t sound right

Traded: 2018 RAM 3500 DRW, 4X4, 4.10, 6.4 Hemi, Curt A20 hitch, Tire Minder

2018 North Point 315rlts with most of the options.
JohnWedell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 06:33 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan S. View Post
I have a 2020 Eagle HT with the Sanicon system in it. I went to dump just one of the Grey tanks and realized there is no black tank gate valve. There is a valve for each of the 2 grey tanks, 1 for the Sanicon pump and the main gate valve. It appears there is no way to dump any water out of the grey tanks without dumping the black tank first. Is this normal? My Grey tanks fill up faster than the Black tank and i like to have the black tank at least 3/4 full before dumping just to make sure i get everything out. Am I missing a valve? Kind of new to this, so this just doesn't make sense to me.
Most of those macerator systems allow grey water to.flow through.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 08:07 PM   #5

I can run black and gray through the system. I just can’t run gray only. The black tank uses all the piping up to the macerator and main dump gate valve. It just doesn’t seem like a normal install. It means that black water is always behind the main dump gate. And as a consequence I always have to dump black. Maybe this is the way they make it idiot proof. But it means if I have a full gray tank and a low black tank that I have to dump more water into the black to make sure I get all the waste. It also means that if I open the gray first it might flow into the black or worse the black into the gray. Maybe this is a correct instal, just doesn’t make sense to me.
Old 07-01-2019, 11:12 PM   #6

Mine has a gate valve for the black tank, it is right behind and below the basement door a good three feet from the first grey tank gate valve and the second grey gate is right below the corner of the slide. I also have the Sanacon system
LulaBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 09:22 AM   #7

Quote:
You must have a black tank valve. Contact your dealer or Jayco directly.
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 09:41 AM   #8

Thanks, That's what i thought. I have contacted Jayco, just waiting for a reply from customer service. I'll post the answer I get when they get back to me.

Gone Fishing!
SIGPIC
Old 07-03-2019, 06:22 PM   #9

Problem solved

Received assembly diagrams for both the plumbing system and the Sanicon installation from Jayco. Yes there is suppose to be a gate valve for each tank. Plus 1 for the macerator and 1 for the main. The problem was the handle for the black tank was not protruding out from the underbody. Once I figured out where it was suppose to be, I cut a slit, realigned it to protrude to under the plastic and then closed it. It was open.

Gone Fishing!
SIGPIC
Old 07-03-2019, 07:02 PM   #10

Quote:
Received assembly diagrams for both the plumbing system and the Sanicon installation from Jayco. Yes there is suppose to be a gate valve for each tank. Plus 1 for the macerator and 1 for the main. The problem was the handle for the black tank was not protruding out from the underbody. Once I figured out where it was suppose to be, I cut a slit, realigned it to protrude to under the plastic and then closed it. It was open.
Nathan, I am so surprised that Jayco's QC program didn't pick that up!!!! Why??? Because they have no idea whatsoever what a QC program is. I really can't believe it sometimes. If I had run my business like that, I would be extinct within a few months. I really think that they do not even have engineers on site!!
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote