Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-12-2016, 01:40 PM   #1

No dinette option for 377RLBH

Ugghhh... after almost half a year of whittling down options and learning about the 377, I just realized it has no dinette option. Wife and I are truly bummed about this, as it just seems simpler and more elegant with four young kids, and also gives us another bed when we bring the kids' friends.

The free standing table is considered an upgrade, I guess? I never thought of it that way.

Any thoughts from others? Am I mistaken to be disappointed? And is this something a dealer could simply switch out even though it won't come that way from the factory?

This will be our first RV, so don't have real world experience yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 01:51 PM   #2

We have had both and ordered the last tailer with the free standing table/chairs. We liked the free standing since it allowed us to move the chairs around for more room between us and to use as movable seating for guests to visit. The table was a lot more stable than the dinette one was too.

We didn't need the dinette for sleeping since we had plenty of other options before we got to that.
2019 Open Range 310BHS - (a Jayco Division)
drk98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 02:14 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to JeremiahM Send a message via MSN to JeremiahM
Same here, had freestanding in our first TT, then had to use parents with has a dinette, and decided when we get out next one (the one we just bought) it was absolutely going to have free standing table and chairs. Now I have no kids yet, but we didn't want to purchase one with kids in mind either, simply because most just trade them later for models without the kid options (like dinettes and bunks). Didn't want to do it twice, plus when I was a kid, and brought friends, we used a tent. I plan to do it the same way when we do have kids. But we also chose the front living room, because in those tight moments when it's just for a night or so, the couches turn to beds.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 10-12-2016, 02:36 PM   #4

We have the 377 and so far the sleeping arrangements haven't been a problem. We went camping this past weekend with another family in our RV. The DW and I slept in the master, my 11 yo daughter and her friend slept in the loft, my 8 yo daughter and her friend slept in the pull out in the study, the neighbors 9 yo son slept in the bunk above the sleeper, and the other 2 adults slept in the sleeper in the living room. Having said that, we didn't use the inside dinette one time...we ate outside because the weather was great. That's about the maximum amount of folks that I would want to have.
Old 10-12-2016, 03:48 PM   #5

I wish you were close.
I'd trade ya a dinette for the table and chairs.
Vaquero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 06:55 PM   #6

Laugh... well, I still have to buy it first :-)

I'm still actually weighing the 355MBQS with the 377. It's a challenge to do a side by side comparison via the website, as the descriptions seem like they were written by different people who never coordinated with each other.

So we drove a couple of hours to a dealership yesterday and explored the lot. The 377 is taller, with a little more vertical room on the loft. I like that the den opens into the main living area so you could talk to someone while they are sitting in there. And I like the table that mounts to the floor in there. We like the window behind the drop down TV, although with the TV pushed back so far, it blocks the view from the couch seat closest. Everything's a tradeoff, I guess.

Including the dinette.

Old 10-13-2016, 04:45 AM   #7

My first post in the forum, so I hope I don't mess up. We (my wife and 3 grand kids that we're raising) are upgrading from our 27BHS TT to the 355MBQS FW. We were also down to the 377 or the 355. Here are some of the pros of each (in no particular order of importance).

355 Pros:
  1. Unit Length - We wanted to stay no more than 40' in length
  2. Cost - The 355 is around $10k less for comparable build
  3. TV in Living Room - 355 is mounted on a swivel bracket that allows for better viewing throughout the unit. There is storage behind the TV
  4. Light Switches - The 355 has individual light switches for each room (one for DR, one over theater seats, one over LR couch, a couple for kitchen, etc.). The 377 has most of them in the main panel which means you have to go there every time to turn lights on or off.
  5. Upper Cabinets - 355 has door struts to keep doors open. The 377 does not (you can add these yourself - see other forum threads)
  6. Table vs Dinette - The 355 gives you a choice, but after having the dinette on our TT, we wanted more flexibility of the chairs. Plus the table has a leaf that provides more eating area and we had the dealer throw in an extra chair for our family of 5 (eating together is important to us when we can't eat outside at the campground)
  7. Few 355 Problems on this Forum - There are significantly more problems with the 377 posted on this site than the 355; however, it does appear that many of these may have been fixed with the 2017 model. We felt better about the lack of problems posted with the 355.
  8. Unit Height - Not as tall, so better gas mileage (not a factor with our TV and really not a big factor in our decision - but still a consideration)
  9. Unit Weight - May be a factor on your TV (14,000+ pounds vs 16,500+ pound units). Not a deciding factor for us.
377 Pros:
  1. Bunk Room Storage - Extra 377 length provides more storage in bunk room. The kids don't care if their clothes are in a dresser or in a backpack, so not a big factor for us. The other pros mentioned in original post.
  2. Loft - Taller loft with TV mount option
  3. Tanks - 35 more gallons of gray water storage than 355
  4. Water Heater - A 6 gallon model on 355 vs a 10 gallon model on 377
  5. Basement - Larger storage in basement storage with TV option
  6. Other Misc Items - Nicer pantry, 4 step entry, etc.
Ultimately, we ordered the 2017 355MBQS (pick up in March). Overall, both models have very similar layouts, so it's a matter of what's important to you. After our last TT, we were looking at a more functional unit for our family and the 355 was a better fit for us. We ordered the TT with most of the upgrades (theater seats, 23 cf fridge, Maxxis tire upgrade, pin box, free standing table, hide-a-bed couch in bunk room, TV's in both bunk room and bed room, 2nd A/C,auto leveling, 2nd power awning and 5th dining room chair) which got us to the 377 in options without as much cost and potential problems and a more functional unit). Good luck on your decision and happy camping.
sbowsher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 09:01 AM   #8

Sbowsher-- great post! That info is all very useful to me, and I was not aware of most of it. Thank you!

Old 10-13-2016, 09:10 PM   #9

The '17 377 that we own has light switches over the seating areas, mounted right above the seats on the cabinets very near to the lights themselves. One or two of the lights though are controlled only at the panel as mentioned. As for the rods on the cabinet doors, while they aren't installed on ours, they only cost about $5 for a set, so a fairly inexpensive mod. Overall, we very much preferred the 377 floor plan over the 355. We have two "kids" in college, and they've had friends along for long weekends, and space has never been an issue.

As for the dinette, it does have an extension that adds about 10 inches to the length of the table, and it has storage beneath not only it but also beneath each of the seats. Not a lot, but enough for some board games, cards, and table mats. Every little bit helps! And the dinette we had in our previous camper never seemed very good at supporting the weight of adults. Once or twice, the area between the seats collapsed as if it bent in the middle of the night. No damage, just not what you want for a good night's sleep! There's plenty of sleep space in the 377, so of all the points above, I'd say the price point and the weight differences are the most important. And keep in mind when it comes to the televisions that ours came with 4, with space for a fifth one in the loft. Viewing angles covered inside and out!

2016 Ram 3500 4X4 Dually, 6.7 Cummins, 3.73
2017 Jayco North Point 377RLBH, Cummins/Onan Gen
JetTech is offline   Reply With Quote