Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-07-2013, 07:49 PM   #1

Question No heat in bedroom

Does anyone out there have a fiver like mine with very low (like non-existent) air flow out of the bedroom heater vent? If so, were you able to remedy this? If not, any suggestions? We have tons of flow out of the main area registers, a little out of the bathroom one but none (as mentioned) in the bedroom.

2012 Eagle Super Lite HT 26.5RKS
2005 GMC 2500 SLT HD D/A
troutslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:15 PM   #2

No problems here.

How long has that been going on?

2012 Pinnacle 36KPTS - Kitchen Pantry Triple Slide
Mor/Ryde suspension and pin box, Dual pane windows, Auto Leveling System, 2 A/C's, Sailun G's and more...
View photos

Our Trip Journal
Larry G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:22 PM   #3

I have a 2013 Eagle HT 26.5 RLS and have the same condtion. I was told by Camping World that there is nothing that can be done that as per the design the bedroom is further away from the furnace and hence little air flow.. Not sure i buy this.. Please let me know if you find a solution..
gpscoqn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:50 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpscoqn View Post
I have a 2013 Eagle HT 26.5 RLS and have the same condtion. I was told by Camping World that there is nothing that can be done that as per the design the bedroom is further away from the furnace and hence little air flow.. Not sure i buy this.. Please let me know if you find a solution..
Seems like with dampers, you could easily push air that far.
I have read posts here where people found construction debris in ducts and joints gaped open.

I would see if I could get someone to stick a camera down each duct.

JMHO,
Doug

Southwest, Ohio
2016 Toyota Tundra SR5, 5.7 V8
2017 Jayco 24RBS
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 10:59 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpscoqn View Post
Guess a call to Jayco might be in order.

2012 Pinnacle 36KPTS - Kitchen Pantry Triple Slide
Mor/Ryde suspension and pin box, Dual pane windows, Auto Leveling System, 2 A/C's, Sailun G's and more...
View photos

Our Trip Journal
Larry G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:23 PM   #6

We have a 2012 26.5 RLS and really haven't noticed a huge lack of air flow to the bedroom. Haven't used the furnace much, only camp in the summer so far, but it has been sufficient to warm the bedroom in the morning when we are planning on getting up. Now, the AC doesn't drive us out of the bedroom but that's a different problem and not asked on this thread. Might be as simple as taking the little cover off and reaching back into the "hose" to see if there is something that can be moved around to allow greater air flow. Might also shut off the bathroom vent as that one has a great deal of air flow in ours, but I keep it closed as don't need that much air flow in the bathroom.
2013 Polaris Sportsman 550 EXP
2008 Polaris Sportsman 700 X2
jal0710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 08:10 AM   #7

My bathroom vent belches out the hot air like crazy (furnace is under the bathroom). The vent for the bedroom, not so much. You mention closing the bathroom vent. How do you do this as there are not options to close the vent. No slider on the vents at all. I wouldn't want to close it completely, but maybe 1/2.
http://fivejustrolling.blogspot.com/
Ken&Ruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 08:29 AM   #8

On our 2013 29.5RKS we found that the duct was not fully onto the actual vent elbow near the bed. I was able to pull the two screws and fumble the thing fully on. Another spot that I felt was weak back there is that the duct sags near the very front basement access before it turns upward to the bedroom. I'm always worried that I'll tear or rip off that section when loading (always) heavy and awkward items.
If all ducts/vents are checked out fine then I'd say its purely a flow/pressure situation and may need to close some other vents a bit to allow the pressure to blow that far. I guess that the furnace fan could also be dirty and not as efficient.
Cosmik Debris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 09:09 AM   #9

Thanks for all the replies. It has not worked properly since we bought the unit new. I'm on my way over there today to take off the access panels in the basement area and look for any hose kinks. The bathroom vent does have a close feature on it and I did partially close it in order to create more air movement in the bedroom but it didn't really make much difference. Besides, DW says that it's nice to have a warm "tush" when in the bathroom . Will post what I find later on today.

2012 Eagle Super Lite HT 26.5RKS
2005 GMC 2500 SLT HD D/A
troutslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 10:01 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken&Ruth View Post
My bathroom vent belches out the hot air like crazy (furnace is under the bathroom). The vent for the bedroom, not so much. You mention closing the bathroom vent. How do you do this as there are not options to close the vent. No slider on the vents at all. I wouldn't want to close it completely, but maybe 1/2.
At home, I have taken the register off and taped off from the back side.
That may be an option for you.

Doug

Southwest, Ohio
2016 Toyota Tundra SR5, 5.7 V8
2017 Jayco 24RBS
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote