Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-31-2020, 06:09 PM   #1

No Hot water coming out of Kitchen sink

so we have a 2018 Jayco north point 377rlbh. I can not get the hot water to come out of the kitchen sink. The water is flowing but it will get slightly warm but never get hot at all. The shower is coming out hot as hell but the bathroom sink is the same thing with water coming out and get slightly warm but never gets hot. We have the electric and gas turned on for the Tank. I flushed the hot water tank today and drained and refilled thinking it was that. Any help would be great thanks
csper29605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 06:43 PM   #2

Golly, I was hoping someone would jump in that might be able to assist you. I'm baffled by the symptoms you describe. At first I thought it might be the bypass valve located near the water heater, but I would think that would affect the bathroom, too. Maybe the mixing valve at the faucet not working properly?

Edit, reread your post and the bathroom sink is also affected. Could the shower have a dedicated line and the other sinks are not hot because of a bypass valve? I tend to think that's not it, but not sure.

2018 Jayco White Hawk 31BH 34'
2004 Surveyor by Forest River 29'
1996 Coachman Catalina 25'
2002 Jayco 12UTD PopUp
TrashMan Videos
sturgissteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 07:37 PM   #3

Kitchen sink is closer to the water heater. My by pass valve was not turned to the correct position and I had the same problem.
Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 07:46 PM   #4

Update

So I called my dealer today and they said that the shower is on its own line and the sink and bathroom sink is on the same so went under over to the water tank and bypass valve was somehow moved to the middle and I fully opened and it took care of it? We have not moved from our spot in 6 months so not sure what the heck happened but hey I have hot water now. Thanks for the response
Old 09-01-2020, 08:48 PM   #5

You are welcome,, someone told me this same fix and it helped me..
Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 12:38 PM   #6

Okay - WHERE'S the bypass!!

We just got a new 2019 Jayco Pinnacle FLWS ... Same problem! No hot water in kitchen sink! We've only had it a few months... And it's driving me crazy! Where might this "bypass" be?? we can't find it!!
Lorri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 01:15 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorri View Post
We just got a new 2019 Jayco Pinnacle FLWS ... Same problem! No hot water in kitchen sink! We've only had it a few months... And it's driving me crazy! Where might this "bypass" be?? we can't find it!!
Lorri if you go to the basement driver side and you pull the panel and the hot water tank is there and my line was right behind the tank and I pulled to the left to open it up??
Old 09-02-2020, 01:24 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by csper29605 View Post
So I called my dealer today and they said that the shower is on its own line and the sink and bathroom sink is on the same so went under over to the water tank and bypass valve was somehow moved to the middle and I fully opened and it took care of it? We have not moved from our spot in 6 months so not sure what the heck happened but hey I have hot water now. Thanks for the response
Nailed it!
sturgissteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 06:16 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by csper29605 View Post
Lorri if you go to the basement driver side and you pull the panel and the hot water tank is there and my line was right behind the tank and I pulled to the left to open it up??

Well I removed the panel ... and all I see is several water lines going all over the place... ugh ... I honestly don't even know what I'm looking for...

my picture uploaded sideways.. (left side is the top)
Attached Thumbnails
behind panel.jpg  
Old 09-02-2020, 06:22 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Ranger View Post
Kitchen sink is closer to the water heater. My by pass valve was not turned to the correct position and I had the same problem.
My kitchen sink is in a center island ... and also closer to the water heater... where did you find the by pass valve... I don't even have a club what I'm looking for.

Tags
bathroom sink, hot water tank, kitchen sink