Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-18-2020, 07:37 PM   #1

No power battery to trailer

2013 Jayco Eagle HT 26.5 RLS
Progressive Dynamics 4045KA Power Converter
Battery tests good and showing12.7v but no battery power to trailer. 120v or connect to truck and everything works. Fuses good at panel and 30amp fuse good at battery and no other fuses or resets found. Spent yesterday testing and hunting and tried to locate wire routing from battery to converter but unsuccessful. Gave up and today reran #6 stranded from battery to converter and everything working. I have the 30amp fuse at the battery then straight run to the battery power lug at converter panel and everything back to normal.
Does this sound correct to you guys how I've done this?
scrollmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 12:53 PM   #2

Just notuced I mistakely put that I used #6 wire in original post but was #10 wire that was originally there and I replaced with #10THHN. A bit stiffer wire but didn't have any of the thinner strand wire and used what I had on hand.
Old 10-19-2020, 03:30 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrollmaster View Post
2013 Jayco Eagle HT 26.5 RLS
Progressive Dynamics 4045KA Power Converter
Battery tests good and showing12.7v but no battery power to trailer. 120v or connect to truck and everything works. Fuses good at panel and 30amp fuse good at battery and no other fuses or resets found. Spent yesterday testing and hunting and tried to locate wire routing from battery to converter but unsuccessful. Gave up and today reran #6 stranded from battery to converter and everything working. I have the 30amp fuse at the battery then straight run to the battery power lug at converter panel and everything back to normal.
Does this sound correct to you guys how I've done this?
The hot wire from the battery should go directly to a 30amp circuit breaker that looks like this: Click image for larger version

Name:	Fastronix 30Amp Circuit Breaker with cover PN 501-111.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	64721

It should not be further than a few feet from the battery.

You should not run wire smaller than Jayco installed, in any case.
madmaxmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 06:28 PM   #4

Thanks much for the reply. I ran #10 as Jayco did and did look for resettable breaker but never found anything that interrupted power other than the 30amp fuse at battery and fuses in the power converter. I had already looked under the liftable portion at the foot of the bed, but after you mentioned it should be be few feet from battery I just went back out and looked way back under the portion of bed at head that doesn't raise up and there is a framed box at the floor. I will have to wait till have some time to move mattress and bedding to unscrew and remove the wood so I can access this area. Presumably this is where the power enters my trailer(?) and possibly I will find the breaker you mention in your post.
Thanks much
Dennis
scrollmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 06:29 PM   #5

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bh4...w?usp=drivesdk
Hopefully this link works to show pic