Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-03-2018, 12:24 PM   #1

No reading on solar controller

After Jayco service center installed recall circuit breaker I am now getting no readout on my controller. The panel was working perfectly prior to this installation. The service center is not taking responsibility for what occurred but I believe something happened electrically. It could be something as simple as a fuse however I've looked high and low and have been unable to find the fuse. According to the manual the fuse is supposed to be located between the controller and the battery but again I cannot locate this fuse. To make matters worse the Jayco service center that installed the panel is now going out of business and does not respond to my calls. I would appreciate any thoughts on how to locate the fuse or ways to proceed.
ddiego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 01:13 PM   #2
Site Team

Who installed the SOLAR? Contact them and ask if they will take a look at it.

You could try disconnecting the SOLAR panels from the controller, then disconnecting the Charge controller from the battery. Then connect the SOLAR charge controller back to the battery (rebooting the controller), see if you get the display with battery voltage, then hook up the SOLAR panels back up. This is the process for connecting and disconnecting the panels and charge controller.

SOLAR charge controller mfr/model?Usually a fuse inside..

Don

My Registry

RVing with SOLAR
Mustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 01:37 PM   #3

We have seen the problem where the dealer hits the battery shut and does not cover the panels first. I would contact the maker of your controller. Blue Sky Tech support was able to resolve a problem for us! Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
xxxcamper.jpg  
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 07:15 PM   #4

My controller has two sets of wires supplying it. One pair is the heavy cables, the other a bit lighter than doorbell wire. The "doorbell wires" MUST be connected to the batteries before the controller is, or else it wont work. If they disconnected your battery, as part of their work, this might be the case.

2014 RAM Laramie 2500 w/6.7L Cummins Diesel and Automated Safety Hitch
2016 377RLBH Jayco North Point
300W of Suntech Solar w/Rogue MPPT Controller & Xantrex 2000W PSW Inverter
Fire_Instructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 07:53 PM   #5

No Reading on Solar Panel

Thanks Don,Rick and others for your tips. I disconnected solar wires and battery wires from controller hoping to "reboot" system but this met with no results. User Manual did suggest this too. I will call Go Power solar tomorrow and see what they suggest. I am 3 1/2 hrs from Jayco Service Center so its a problem taking it in. BTW my rig is a 2016 Eagle HT fifth wheel. Thanks, again, ddiego
Old 06-04-2018, 10:09 AM   #6

Wonder if the dealer killed your controller? Knock on wood ours has run flawlessly for three years!
Old 06-06-2018, 08:18 PM   #7

No Reading on Solar Controller

I just returned from over 5 hrs on the road to a 2nd Jayco Service Center to deal with my warranty electrical problem. The first Service Center refused to take responsibility for what I believed was a their error in installing recall item. It was confirmed by 2nd Jayco Center that the first center improperly wired the new circut breaker. I guess the bottom line for me is to always check all work done before leaving any Service Center. If I had checked the Controller at the first Service Center I may have avoided all the road time travelling to 2nd Center. The good news is Jayco did take care of me in the end...Ddiego
Old 06-07-2018, 10:29 AM   #8

After replacing roof under warranty,they wired my controller in reverse.I always assume they screwed something up check all repairs before leaving! Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
RV Techs.jpg