Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-13-2021, 01:57 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by October99 View Post
When I set the source valves to "City Fixtures" the pump runs but does not draw antifreeze. There is nothing coming out of the hot water outlets.
Try setting to “Normal” and the WH in bypass. You’ll need some water in the fresh tank. Run the pump and see if you get water out the hot side.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 01:30 PM   #22

At the end of the day I decided to contact the local Jayco service center and explain my issue. The senior technician thinks that I have a malfunctioning, or blocked valve. They were able to take my RV in today, as this is a time sensitive repair with freezing temps just around the corner- "Winter is Coming" LOL
Anyways I will report back when I learn what my issue was.
In the meantime I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who responded to my post- your time and willingness to share your thoughts are truly appreciated!
October99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 07:16 PM   #23

Yes, please post the cause of your problem.

-SOLD- 2012 X23B
Old 10-19-2021, 02:17 PM   #24

Here was the problem- the center by-pass valve was compromised. Even though I removed the handle, and the valve stem appeared to turn in the correct direction, something internal was broken and blocking the flow of anti-freeze. My RV is now repaired and fully winterized!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_8958.jpg  
Old 10-19-2021, 02:23 PM   #25

It sounds like the previous owner tried to turn the closed valve the wrong way to open it, breaking the valve in the process.
Old 10-19-2021, 03:36 PM   #26

Wow, hats off to your service tech! Thinking about your problem (now that I know the answer) that’s obviously the cause. I must put that in my memory for future reference. Congrats on the repair and thanks for the update.

-SOLD- 2012 X23B
Old 10-19-2021, 04:05 PM   #27

You're welcome. Greg58 mentioned that perhaps the previous owner had tried to turn that valve the wrong way- and jamming it in the process.
Another thought that I have is I wonder if debris from a disintegrated anode could jam the valve?
Here is a photo of what the hot water tank plug looked like when I removed it for the fall winterizing. You can see the new anode/plug beside it. I would have thought that the dealer that we bought the RV from in the spring would have seen this when they got it ready for us in the spring and de-winterized the unit. Apparently not. But, during the course of the summer, or even before, could debris from the anode jam the valve causing it to fail? And not become a problem until I started the winterizing by-pass? It was a certified Jayco Dealer and Service Centre that found the problem right away. The Dealer from whom we bought the RV is not, and didn't even return my call when I raised the question of this problem with them.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_8959.jpg  
Old 10-20-2021, 08:48 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by October99 View Post
You're welcome. Greg58 mentioned that perhaps the previous owner had tried to turn that valve the wrong way- and jamming it in the process.
Another thought that I have is I wonder if debris from a disintegrated anode could jam the valve?
Here is a photo of what the hot water tank plug looked like when I removed it for the fall winterizing. You can see the new anode/plug beside it. I would have thought that the dealer that we bought the RV from in the spring would have seen this when they got it ready for us in the spring and de-winterized the unit. Apparently not. But, during the course of the summer, or even before, could debris from the anode jam the valve causing it to fail? And not become a problem until I started the winterizing by-pass? It was a certified Jayco Dealer and Service Centre that found the problem right away. The Dealer from whom we bought the RV is not, and didn't even return my call when I raised the question of this problem with them.
Yeah, that anode was done. After reading your description of what was wrong I recalled that the dealer had de-winterized it this spring and wondered if the valve was broken wood the do that. Hopefully it was blockage that occurred after it was serviced.

-SOLD- 2012 X23B