Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-27-2019, 12:39 PM   #1

No Water to Refrigerator

Hi everyone... Just bought a new 2019 Jayco Pinnacle 36FBTS. We have it hooked up to electric and water. We cannot get water to the Whirlpool refrigerator, so it’s not dispensing drinking water from the door or making ice.
(The ice maker switch in the freezer is turned on.).

I read another post on here about this but can not locate any valves or switches under the sink, in the cabinet to the left of the sink or behind the drawer under the oven. There is only one screw attaching a piece of trim to the floor of the RV. There are no visible screws under the sink.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
MLo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 12:45 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLo72 View Post
Hi everyone... Just bought a new 2019 Jayco Pinnacle 36FBTS. We have it hooked up to electric and water. We cannot get water to the Whirlpool refrigerator, so it’s not dispensing drinking water from the door or making ice.

I read another post on here about this but can not locate any valves or switches under the sink, in the cabinet to the left of the sink or behind the drawer under the oven. There is only one screw attaching a piece of trim to the floor of the RV. There are no visible screws under the sink.

The panel to the left under the sink is usually held on by 3 or four screws.....one or two attached to the floor. Behind that panel is an on/off valve. I suspect it's in the off position, therefore no water going to the fridge. Get that panel off and you should find that valve.
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 01:33 PM   #3

There are no screws anywhere under the sink. Everything is held together by staples and caulking.
MLo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 01:52 PM   #4

Quote:
There are no screws anywhere under the sink. Everything is held together by staples and caulking.
The panel to the left under the sink is usually stapled to 1/2 X 1/2" trim. The screws go through that trim piece. Can you snap a pic and post it?
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 03:11 PM   #5

Quote:

On our 355, in addition to under the island sink, there was a shutoff outside under the slide closest to the rear bumper. There's a shutoff exposed that I said, what the hell is that? Why is it exposed to the elements? I was told that's the refrigerator line and shutoff. Might wanna check there.
rkymntsno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 03:12 PM   #6

And I meant the refrigerator slide.
Old 05-27-2019, 04:24 PM   #7

Remove the drawer under the stove to access the valve.
2017 RZR for the rainy days n muddy roads
Stingray75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 06:23 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkymntsno View Post
On our 355, in addition to under the island sink, there was a shutoff outside under the slide closest to the rear bumper. There's a shutoff exposed that I said, what the hell is that? Why is it exposed to the elements? I was told that's the refrigerator line and shutoff. Might wanna check there.
That's not a shut off, that's the low point drain for the fridge line...it will only drain the line (won't allow water to go to fridge). In the past, there has always been 2 cutoffs for the fridge...one under the sink on the left side and one under the oven in the WAY back closest to the fridge. I don't know if things have changed, but nothing would surprise me!
Old 05-27-2019, 06:32 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookemdanno View Post
That's not a shut off, that's the low point drain for the fridge line...it will only drain the line (won't allow water to go to fridge). In the past, there has always been 2 cutoffs for the fridge...one under the sink on the left side and one under the oven in the WAY back closest to the fridge. I don't know if things have changed, but nothing would surprise me!
No, you're right. I remember all three points you mentioned they showed me during PDI. I guess I should really watch the PDI I recorded with my GoPro again.
Old 05-27-2019, 06:53 PM   #10

Under the sink, on the left side, remove the panel (mine had screws). You will see the on/off valve . Mine was in a square hole below the level of the cabinet floor. A hole so small, I couldn’t even get a pair of pliers on it, much less my hand. I gave up on the ice maker and use ice trays.
Anyway, that’s where the water valve that supplies the ice maker is.
Old 07-06-2019, 10:12 PM   #11

Yep, I have the same camper and that is where the valve is, you have to unscrew the panel under the sink. BTW Jayco used a flexible water hose that is wrapped with all the electrical wires in the hinge joints of the slide out. I will cut the line and install a tee and a drain to keep it from freezing
Mgord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 01:08 PM   #12

On my rig, it was behind that panel on the left under the sink but below floor level, just barely out of sight. Running my hand down the tubes front the faucet, I felt the valve and was able to turn it by hand. Viola! Water and ice.
-Angus
2019 F350 DRW Lariat CC Long Bed Diesel "Sheila"
3 Chihuahuas and 4 cats
We don't camp, we don't glamp, we LIVE.
Joan617 is offline   Reply With Quote