Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-27-2019, 11:27 AM   #1

North Point 2019 RLTS

Hello all!

We just ordered a NP 315RLTS due to be delivered in early April. So excited! We have been looking at the North Point for quite a while now and finally made our move. We are trading our 2003 Eagle 305BHS which has served us well. I have a few questions for the group.

1. How does everyone who owns a 315RLTS like it?
2. Silly question-where is the storage for the black tank hose?
It is in the bumper on our current 5th wheel but it looks like no bumper on the North Point?!?!
3. We ordered the eurobunk option because we have children who still travel with us. Anyone out there have one? How do you like it?

Thank you!
LRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 02:18 PM   #2

We don’t own one but congratulations on your new unit!
Old 01-27-2019, 02:39 PM   #3

We like ours very much.
We do not have the eurobunk option.
We do have a back bumper on ours I put a back up hose in it.
I put the one I use all the time in this.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
2naEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 04:35 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2naEagle View Post
We like ours very much.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Now that is a good idea, can you get some pics underneath I might have to do something like that?
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 05:06 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2naEagle View Post
We like ours very much.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Thank you! My husband would like to know did you build the storage for your primary sewer hose or was it an aftermarket purchase? We both think it's a great idea!
Old 01-27-2019, 05:47 PM   #6

The euro bunk was not an option when we purchased ours, that’s the only thing we wished we had was one more bed, actually deciding if we should trade it for another model or not. Over we like it, I mounted a sewer hose tubular holder in the ceiling of the drivers side storage compartment. I would recommend you get both ac units if you didn’t and the generator prep, we got the second awning also and love it. Enjoy.

CURT FACTORY ball with the Andersen hitch
Ringneks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 05:55 PM   #7

A lot of us have done this mod in some way.
A search in Jayco Mods will give you a lot of ideas.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/s...archid=4120074

Edit: I'm sorry. It is a 5" vinyl fence post from Lowe's.
Old 01-27-2019, 06:26 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRoss View Post
Hello all!

We just ordered a NP 315RLTS due to be delivered in early April. So excited!
Go ahead and start reading up on all the PDI (Pre-delivery Inspection for purchasing RV's) you can find.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ted-36094.html
Old 01-27-2019, 06:29 PM   #9

Thank you!
Old 01-27-2019, 06:46 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringneks View Post
The euro bunk was not an option when we purchased ours, that’s the only thing we wished we had was one more bed, actually deciding if we should trade it for another model or not. Over we like it, I mounted a sewer hose tubular holder in the ceiling of the drivers side storage compartment. I would recommend you get both ac units if you didn’t and the generator prep, we got the second awning also and love it. Enjoy.
We did get all of the options that you've mentioned. We actually ordered the generator too! We are both shocked that there isn't a dedicated space for the sewer hose...it is nasty to think of storing it in the basement with other supplies, etc.
Hopefully the eurobunk will be a good investment. Our sons (both over 6 ft) still camp with us! Thanks for your reply.
Old 01-27-2019, 06:48 PM   #11

We would have loved having the euro bunk.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 06:49 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nOZ View Post
We don’t own one but congratulations on your new unit!
Thank you!
Old 01-27-2019, 06:54 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassic View Post
We would have loved having the euro bunk.
Once my husband saw it, we had to have it! We need extra beds for our boys now that we are getting rid of our bunkhouse. It does look really cool.
Old 12-01-2020, 05:28 PM   #14

Smile Update Us Please!

Wife and I placed a deposit on a new 2019 NP RLTS just before Thanksgiving. It's brand new in the dealer's showroom. Tell us how you like yours so far, the good, the bad and the ugly. Also, what are you towing with? We are trading out of our 27.5 RLTS Eagle HT and will have to do the same with our F150 Platinum. So, any insights or info of any kind you can provide would be great and appreciated. We are a couple of years from retirement and getting prepped for some long term RVing.
Youngsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 05:30 PM   #15

Should have mentioned I was directing my query to LRoss. But, anyone with 2019 NP RLTS, feel free to chime in. Thx.
Old 12-01-2020, 07:00 PM   #16

We're very happy with ours. The large coffee bar adds more counter space. That was a big plus for me. Our old SOB had about a tiny counter. The pantry and soft close drawers are nice. I'm just hoping not to have any issues with the kitchen slide mechanism considering the weight of the residential fridge, loaded pantry, TV, stove and microwave. So far so good. We are towing with a SRW truck but should have a dual rear wheel. We don't have a factory installed generator, but if we did, we'd be way over on the truck's payload. As it is I keep the basement compartment lightly loaded and have a rear cargo carrier on the back of the trailer. The portable generator and portable barbecue go there instead of up front, just to keep the pin weight lower and not exceed the TV payload. Looking back, I probably would have ordered the Euro bunk. The 6 point auto level and auto hitch height is nice.
The unit is a 2019 but having been built in middle of 2019, the manufacturer label and paperwork refer to it as a 2020.

2020 North Point 315RLTS
Ram 3500/Aisin CC, SB, SRW, Superglide
Firestone Ride-Rite Air bags, TST507 TPMS
DrSmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 08:27 PM   #17

Youngsters

Congratulations! That is soooo exciting! We LOVE our 2019 NP RLTS! (His name is Frank ) We really haven't had any major problems, just the usual little bothersome things. My husband said his only complaint is that the bigger awning in the front (we have two) stops right at the door so when it rains the water pours down onto the steps! Total design flaw! We have not had a problem with the kitchen slide where the fridge, stove, etc. live.

We tow our unit with a GMC 2500 Sierra (diesel). It is not a dually but we did our research and we are under max pin weight and under max combined tow weight. We are very conscious of our weight and how we pack. We have taken the truck/trailer combo to the CAT scales near us and have weighed just the truck, just the trailer, truck/trailer together with all family members in the truck and we have weight to spare. We purchased this unit because it was the lightest North Point available therefore we didn't have to upgrade our truck.
Happy trails!
Old 12-01-2020, 08:42 PM   #18

Awning placement aside, we love ours. I'd recommend at least a 1 ton SRW truck. Our payload capacity is 3300 and we're still about 600 lbs overweight. Our total weight was right at 23000 lbs.

Dave

2018 Ford F350 6.7 SRW
2018 Jayco North Point 315RLTS
dkegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 07:07 AM   #19

DrSmart, LRoss and Dkegel,
Thank you so much for the information. It is most appreciated. Our current Eagle HT has the same awning/front door configuration as you mention in your post LRoss. Depending on the wind and rain, you can get wet going in/out the door. Plus, we have the additional challenge of not being able to open the door side storage hatch when the door is latched back to the side of the trailer. Such are the compromises on a 30ft HT.

We really like the setup on the 2019 315 versus its upgrade in 2020 to the 310. The in-slide pantry with drawers is much preferred over the pantry location on the front wall (bathroom wall) on the 310. Moreover, the 315 just feels like home. We were fortunate to find a new 315 still in dealer stock.

As for TV, we are currently thinking F250, SRW, 6.7 diesel in an extended or crew cab with the short box. But, based on your posts and others, it might be worth re-visiting the one-ton. We have driven several and some feel much like a 3/4 ton. Then again, some feel much more trucky. Our Jayco dealer is recommending an F250 with air bags added so that you can deflate and have the ride of a 3/4 when not towing. It is also like searching for the proverbial pot of gold to find a pre-owned truck the way we want it equipped. Here in NE Ohio, most Ford dealers equip their stock trucks as if we all buy trucks to plow snow. Maybe I should order a new one equipped just as needed.

Anyway, happy RVing and let us know of any thing else you have found helpful in your travels with your North Point.

DrSmart, what sort of generator are carrying?

Regards,
Mike and Laura (Not retired yet, but we can finally see it from here.)
Old 12-02-2020, 07:17 AM   #20

DrSmart (Dave and Ivy),
One more quick question. What is making you think DRW? Have you had an issue? Thx.