Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-20-2020, 08:40 AM   #21

North Point 383FKWS tires

I was instructed by some family who had this issue to go straight to Lippert/Dexter. They’ll have you take a bunch of measurements and photos. If it’s bent, they’ll send a whole unit with brakes and all to a repair shop. Should be a quick swap. I didn’t do this. I made the mistake of going through my dealer. Added a bunch of unnecessary delay. The dealer did just what I was told to do. Just took way longer.

Best of luck. I bet the transporter hit something. That’s my theory on mine anyway. I doubt most of them care too much about the trailers. As long as they get there with imperceptible damage they’re good.
2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW
TxLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 09:37 AM   #22

I definitely would be reaching out to the axle company. Take a few pictures of the label, what the axle looks like. Any damage, if you can see any.

I would also google a towns name near you and add "Trailer Repair" and see what comes up, and make a few phone calls. Lots of shops can do the work. Might just need a pre-authorization to get Jayco or the axle vendor to pay for it.

We broke an equalizer out that way many years ago (pre cellphones). We found a heavy duty trailer and truck repair shop. They sneaked us in to get us on the way.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 02:16 PM   #23

Working through it

Can’t do much until I get new tire. Appreciate all the input.
USNMA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 04:39 PM   #24

I had the same problem. Tire wore out under 8K miles. My problem was the hanger holding the leaf spring. The weld broke on drivers side, third axel. Inspection showed the other side was cracked. Jayco worked with me to get it repaired on the road and then when I got home had a Jayco tech look at the repair (was not good) so Jayco authorized another repair. I did have to pay and Jayco sent me a check. I have a 2019 Jayco Seismic toy hauler. Can't say enough good stuff about Jayco.
rvingsoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 12:23 PM   #25

Update

Still waiting for the tire from Goodyear. Jayco is making it difficult. They wanted me to take it to a dealer but there are no Jayco dealer or even Rv dealer that will access or work on axles. Finally found someone that will, Pierce Manufacturing in Kalispell. Received an estimate for about $1,440 for replacement. Jayco will not cover it. I did as suggested and Dexter offered to replace the axle as a one time courtesy, but will not cover labor or other service related cost. So I reached out to Jayco, they were willing to cover the cost of one tire and 1 he of labor. How do the expect an entire axle to be removed and replaced within 1 hr including hubs and brakes?!?! Oh and they stated this was a “one time courtesy”! How about covering what is suppose to be a quality product?
Old 12-07-2020, 01:20 PM   #26

That sort of sucks...but if you were to go to a Jayco dealer, I bet you would be without your trailer for 4-6 weeks waiting.
I’m pretty sure the axel will come complete with brakes and hubs ready to go, so it’s just a case of installing the complete assembly.
I know you want to jump through the phone and strangle someone (been there).
It’s not a perfect deal...I would take it. I’ve been without my trailer for 5 months waiting for warranty repair. I would have been fine ponying up a few bucks to get it back quicker.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 01:28 PM   #27

Service wait

I hear you on that, my unit has sat in service for more than 5 months this year so far, and now just sitting on the pad in Montana winter unable to be moved until the wheel comes in and the axle comes in. Then two weeks before the axle can be replaced, should be Spring before it can be used again. I guess my snowbird trip is canceled...

Tags
tire axles north point