Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-17-2016, 02:41 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookemdanno View Post
It no worky! Wire it up correctly and the inverter fires up and supplies juice to the fridge.
Sounds logical. My fridge fires up nicely on battery power, but I couldn't get it to power up on shore power...no power at the receptacle. Just picked the unit up on Monday and drove 1000 miles back home so I haven't had a chance to really dig into it, so I'm not sure what's wrong. When I saw your post about yours being wired up wrong made me wonder. Thanks!
Catholic for a reason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 08:28 PM   #22

Two trips with our 2016 377RLBH. It's a late 2016, so it has the reinforced slide supports. Some minor quality issues...
1) Had to re-attach a few trim pieces, Several were not nailed or glued, simply friction fit. Trim-gun made short work of that.

2) Dinette slide - top seal (under the slide topper) is loose - on the list for a post-season warranty repair.

3) Kitchen Slide (Scwintech) - Bottom seal "chewed-up" by roller. Also on warranty repair list.

4) Rear window - has a plastic bushing that guides the window in opening and closing. one of the bushings is broken, so window doesn't function properly. Also on list.

5) Three "bumps" on floor. Two on backside of island, one on front side. Also on list.

I view this as a small house, and originally coming from a construction / fire inspection background, this is a relatively small "punch-list"....

After looking at literally HUNDREDS of units over several days at last year's Harrisburg RV Show, we found no other brand that could consistently match Jayco's quality.

2014 RAM Laramie 2500 w/6.7L Cummins Diesel and Automated Safety Hitch
2016 377RLBH Jayco North Point
300W of Suntech Solar w/Rogue MPPT Controller & Xantrex 2000W PSW Inverter
Fire_Instructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 08:38 PM   #23
jsk

What is your maufacturing date if it is a late build 2016? The one I am looking at is 2/16. It is a 387RDFS
jsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 08:43 PM   #24

That's a late build
You even get a better awning
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 08:52 PM   #25

As best we've nailed down, the improved slide supports started showing up around October 1, 2015. That's about when my order was finalized, and I took delivery right after Thanksgiving.

Feb 2016 is DEFINITELY a "late build". In fact, I'm surprised that they aren't calling it a 2017!

2014 RAM Laramie 2500 w/6.7L Cummins Diesel and Automated Safety Hitch
2016 377RLBH Jayco North Point
300W of Suntech Solar w/Rogue MPPT Controller & Xantrex 2000W PSW Inverter
Fire_Instructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 12:06 PM   #26
jsk

Confirmed with dealer today. Feb. 2016. I asking what mid year changes were made. Hoping they went to the 12" I beam like in the 2017.
Old 08-18-2016, 01:17 PM   #27

No 12" frame on that build. Just 2017. But I am curious if they did the 12" on your gigantic rig.

You get up graded floor supports. (Still don't know if those are good)
You get the Travel'r awning instead of the garbage Longitude that us early builds got (I know of 6 that crumpled in the rain)
You can even put an optional motion detector on the Travel'r that will auto roll it if too much motion is detected.
And you get the under cabinet kick plate lights that us REALLY early builds didn't get.

Your screen door will have a better shaped plastic stricker that early builds don't have. Challenger Door changed those because the other ones don't close very well.

You will probably still have the long screws poking out of the vacuum bag mounting area that will hinder your bag mounting to the point of frustration.

Your cabinet doors that lift upwards will still not have any support mechanism and will be frustrating.

If you went with the optional back up camera you won't have an on/off switch... They discontinued that after a month .. Only. early mid builds got that.
Old 08-22-2016, 11:22 AM   #28

Klassic,

I am curious...how did you remedy the long screws in the vacuum housing? Cut them short on the inside? It is driving me crazy that I cannot use the Central Vac.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassic View Post
No 12" frame on that build. Just 2017. But I am curious if they did the 12" on your gigantic rig.

You get up graded floor supports. (Still don't know if those are good)
You get the Travel'r awning instead of the garbage Longitude that us early builds got (I know of 6 that crumpled in the rain)
You can even put an optional motion detector on the Travel'r that will auto roll it if too much motion is detected.
And you get the under cabinet kick plate lights that us REALLY early builds didn't get.

Your screen door will have a better shaped plastic stricker that early builds don't have. Challenger Door changed those because the other ones don't close very well.

You will probably still have the long screws poking out of the vacuum bag mounting area that will hinder your bag mounting to the point of frustration.

Your cabinet doors that lift upwards will still not have any support mechanism and will be frustrating.

If you went with the optional back up camera you won't have an on/off switch... They discontinued that after a month .. Only. early mid builds got that.
Old 08-22-2016, 03:15 PM   #29

I took it back to the dealer and they put the screws through the other way.
I think they used thicker screws because the holes are pre drilled on the flange on the other side that the old LONG screws go through.

Pop out your unit and check it out. The screws that hold the vacuum in are half twist with a plastic "hook" on the other side that turn and squeezes against the wall. Pretty simple to take out.
Old 08-23-2016, 12:35 PM   #30

Low Clearance

Anyone having trouble with the rear jack clearance on the 377 when pulling in or out of service stations etc.?

I haven't busted out the tape measure yet, but it looks like I've got less than 6" of clearance at the rear jacks. I am riding a bit nose high, but I don't think it's too bad (again, I haven't measured it yet).

My B&W Campanion hitch is adjusted as low as it will go.
Catholic for a reason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 10:16 AM   #31

Send a message via Skype™ to Rvwench
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookemdanno View Post
So here are my thoughts after out last trip...We love the Jayco product and name! However, like many other hobbies, they cost money and give you headaches! We've had more problems with the 377 than we did with our Jayflight Swift 28BHBE, but there is a lot more to go wrong with a "higher end" unit, in my opinion. Besides, I like to tinker with things.

Every trip we've taken this year has resulted in some hiccup. So hopefully we will have all the kinks worked out after this last trip and won't have anymore issues.

The family had a great time at Top Sail SP. We ended up leaving a day early, mainly because of the weather, but partly due to the gray tank for the kitchen springing a leak and pouring out through the underbelly. I've been aware of the issues that folks have been having with the kitchen slide with the residential fridge and noticed that the support directly under the refrigerator was just beginning to bend/twist...so good news (I think) is that I caught it early. Also, the kitchen slide motors were struggling to bring that slide in and would stop (this trip was the 1st time this happened). So I would have to keep re-hitting the button to bring the slide in fully. Today in front of the house after unloading, I had to help the kitchen slid by physically pushing, so it will probably need the more powerful 500:1 motors.

Other than that we've just had several problems, but nothing that has turned us off to Jayco and RVing! I think the biggest concern comes down to the dealer that you purchase from and how good of a job they do with the unit prior to you doing the PDI. Our dealership did NOT do a good job, nor would I recommend them!

Full disclosure...the issues that we had were the slide motor on the bunk room died, the bottom stair caved in on me (that never should've happened...I'm only 215 lbs), USB ports did not work (should have been caught and repaired by the dealership before our PDI), inverter was wired backwards, the gray tank valves leaked, residential freezer door was dented....(there were more minor things, some of which I fixed myself, others I had the dealer do, as it was already their). For the most part, most issues were minor and my family LOVES this RV.

Please don't take this as a negative post...I just wanted you to know fully what you are getting into. Besides, we have a 1st year manufactured model and I think that Jayco was fixed the majority of the problems with the newer '17's. A friend of ours has the almost exact floorpan as the 377 from another manufacturer and has only been able to camp twice, as his unit has been at the dealership for major repairs!!

If I had it to do all over again...I would do the same exact thing or "maybe" I'd wait to purchase the '17 after all the bugs had been worked out!

Happy camping!
Just curious Danno, would that other mfr be Grand Design? We looked at one as we were making our final decisions. It was nice, but my hubby felt the build quality on the Jayco was better. The Grand Design rep pushed hard for us to go with them, offer all sorts of freebies, but in the end, we stuck with our first choice, the Jayco.

Vicky & John Rowe
North Kakalackie
Old 09-08-2016, 10:22 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvwench View Post
Just curious Danno, would that other mfr be Grand Design? We looked at one as we were making our final decisions. It was nice, but my hubby felt the build quality on the Jayco was better. The Grand Design rep pushed hard for us to go with them, offer all sorts of freebies, but in the end, we stuck with our first choice, the Jayco.
I sent you a PM
Old 11-06-2016, 01:57 PM   #33

So here's my $.02 on mine...
2017 375BHFS. Came off the line in 8/16, sat for a day, Porter picked it up and took it to the dealer. At the dealer for either 3 days or 5 days and we bought it. We've used it 3 times and it was time to winterize it. We had a few MINOR things, and a couple were caught at the dealer before our walk thru and some during ad after. We had one snafu the first time we took it out. The residential fridge didn't work when coupled to the truck or not. Only worked when connected to shore power. Called the dealer from the campground on a Saturday and they actually answered. Walked me thru a few things and decided it needs to be looked at. They were gonna get back with me on Monday and if they had to, SEND a repair guy an hour and a half drive to my house to fix it. And if he couldn't fix it at my place, couple up, take it to the dealership, fix it and deliver it back. At the end of the day, curiosity got the best of me and I tore into it when I got back home. I found the problem, and fixed it myself. I called the dealer back and to them the power wire coming from the inverter went to the coach battery power and the inverter ground wire was going to the inverter batteries. The hot from the inverter batteries was going over to the generator and hanging there in an end. Easy fix. Per the dealer a warranty form was filed and sent in just to document what happened. He said North Point where to to know about these things and find out what happened and how many more went out there like that.
I did have one small issue with the auto level system. It would stop at the rear jacks and gave me some error message I can't remember. I out it in manual mode, leveled it myself and hit the auto level button and it finished the job. It's never done that since then.
I did notice the kitchen slide got out of sync somehow and was going out crooked. Like the dealer told me, to sync it back up run it out FULLY, back in FULLY, out again and in again. The it should be back in sync and work normally. He said that does happen from time to time but they've never had one that wouldn't resync.
Other than that, it's been a great unit. We absolutely love it, and hopefully it's not anything like our old Forest River Sierra. What a pile of crap that was!
Different story for a different day.
Lake Huron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 03:18 PM   #34

Huron...don't forget to hold you slide button for at least 3 seconds after the slide stops. If it's misaligned it will bring in the affected side during that extra hold time.
Old 11-10-2016, 05:48 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassic View Post
Huron...don't forget to hold you slide button for at least 3 seconds after the slide stops. If it's misaligned it will bring in the affected side during that extra hold time.
Yeah, of all the things that were told to us on our walk thru, that's the one thing that I retained. Lol!
Lake Huron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 09:01 PM   #36
jsk

Thanks for the feedback. Found out today that it may be January before they build mine with the order having been placed Oct. 3. Have no idea when I will actually take possession. We were hoping for an early Christmas gift.