Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-03-2021, 08:22 AM   #1

North Point Kitchen Slide Manual Override?

There are half a dozen different types of slideout systems listed in the manual for our 2018 North Point 377RLBH but no pictures and the descriptions aren’t exactly helpful.

A tire blew and ripped apart the wiring of our kitchen slide and we need to know which manual override method to use to extend it and give me room to assess the damage completely and make repairs.

If anyone knows for certain which slideout mechanism the kitchen slide in the North Point is using or if you know for certain which one(s) it isn’t using, it would be greatly appreciated.
InMyImage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 08:34 AM   #2

Do you have aluminum rails along both sides of the slide? Then it's SCHWINTEK or SLIMRACK. You can usually unplug the power from the controller to release the brake and push it out. But, a little bit of muscle is needed.

If a rack and pinion system underneath then there should be a cut-out in the core-plast to access the motor with a ratchet.
Old 06-03-2021, 04:05 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Do you have aluminum rails along both sides of the slide? Then it's SCHWINTEK or SLIMRACK. You can usually unplug the power from the controller to release the brake and push it out. But, a little bit of muscle is needed.

If a rack and pinion system underneath then there should be a cut-out in the core-plast to access the motor with a ratchet.
Having problems posting pics for some reason, but the Slideout has 2 thin gear rails on each side that are each about an inch or so high. So this would be the SLIMRACK right?
Old 06-03-2021, 05:45 PM   #4

You have a swinteck and controller is likely mounted in the ceiling of the basement on drivers side. There will be a set of wires for front motor and rear motor on slide. Manual override will only work if the wires are not broken
Its 12 volt but has overcurrent sensors to shutdown the motors when fully extended or retracted. I believe it's a 4wire harness.

Sorry to here about the blowout

RoadrunnerII

TV 2016 F250 Crew Sterling Gray SB 6.7 PS airlift ultimate Air bags
2017 Eagle 321RSTS
Pullrite autoslider
RoadrunnerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 06:00 PM   #5

1st things first, take the mangled wire harness and separate each wire and put a wire nut on it, or at minimum, tape the end of it so there can't be any short circuits when powering things up. If the wires aren't completely broken in half, but are skinned to the copper, then at minimum, tape them - again, so there are no short circuits. Do this for ALL wires.

Of course the above is only possible if you can get to the damaged area - and based on your post, I'm guessing you may not be able to.

I've never seen slide motor wires exposed under the trailer - usually, they are in between the frame halves and well out of the way of the slide. The wires that usually are exposed and in harms' way of a blowout are typically the power wires that feed wall outlets and lights in the slide. That being said, I am HOPEFUL that your slide motor will power up and work just fine when you try and move it with the switches.
AUH #3220
White Ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 02:21 PM   #6

Thanks for the responses, internet has been a challenge so sorry for the late replies.

The slide mechanism is the SLIM TRAK and I’m going to work on a sort of wiring patch cable in the next day or two that hopefully will resolve the problem. Other damage is really minor so I’m really hope to avoid shelling out big bucks to get it repaired.

Safe travels ��