Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-24-2021, 06:25 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlag View Post
I stand corrected, but you didn't read all of my post. You forgot we are newbies, lol, and never considered the different lines, quality etc. I was under the impression the Solitude and Pinnacle were similar but will certainly accept your learned opinion over mine. We are looking at a 2021 Pinnacle loaded with all options except solar which we want as well. The offer is good so far, we will see tomorrow.
Can't go wrong with a Pinnacle! We really liked the 36SSWS. I guess mainly because of the fireplace in the bedroom. Also the 32RLTS.
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 03:20 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Carver View Post
Hi guys,

We're considering a fifth wheel and the brands we're considering are Jayco NorthPoint/Pinnacle and the Keystone Montana.

I was wondering if any of you who landed on a Northpoint/Pinnacle rather than a Montana what were to factors that played in the decision.

Thanks so much

Dave

In my job we used to work out of RV's (not so anymore, customers don't like the liability). I've always had a Jayco trailer (2 Designers and a Pinnacle) while most of the other guys I worked with had Montanas.

The one big thing that put me off the Montana is that the slide mechanism is HYDRAULIC rather than ELECTRIC. Yeah hydraulic looks slick and is quiet, but you blow a hose (and I've had some friends that have) not only won't your slides work, but when you try to use them it will blow hydraulic fluid all over the inside of your storage area, or underneath when the actuators are, so you slide(s) don't move AND you end up with a sticky dripping mess that's expensive to fix.

Thats not to say electric is without problems, but it generally affects only one slide rather than the whole trailer. But on the whole, Jayco's, to me at least, are built like tanks. I ought to know, I've taken them to work locations RV's just aren't meant to go, and all they did was say "lets go, boss"

Just my .02

Gunner
Gunner01 is offline   Reply With Quote