Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-29-2019, 08:02 PM   #41

Thanks for all the replies.

Update:

Truck and trailer weighed with 220lbs or cargo including carrier on rear hitch of North Point 315RLTS.

Truck GWR 11500, Hitched weighed in at 11,200 full fuel, driver, passenger, superglide.
Truck GAWR rear 7000, Hitched rear weight 6380
North Point pin weight 2860

I know adding cargo up front can affect the above weights. We plan to carry most cargo inside and behind the axles of the North Point until we reach our destination. Only utility stuff in the storage and nothing in the generator compartment. A dually would be nice but we have to manage with one vehicle and would rather not have a dually as a daily driver.
So far we really like the North Point.

2020 North Point 315RLTS
Ram 3500/Aisin CC, SB, SRW, Superglide
Firestone Ride-Rite Air bags, TST507 TPMS
DrSmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 07:17 AM   #42

2naEagle I want your building!! Looks AWESOME

2016 Pinnacle 36 KPTS
2016 F350 Lariat CC LB dually 6.7
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 08:46 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRUEBBE View Post
F450 Dually.............the ultimate!!
Confused.....

Not mentioning the newer 10 speed tranny's but understanding the major difference between the 250 vs 450 is the rear Axial, the 6.7 is the same powerhouse.

Your signature line shows 3500 not a F-450.

E-9 Anchor Clanker
Full timers since 2010
2017 North Point 381 DLQS
2015 F-250 6.7 w/Timbrens
DonaandDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 09:10 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaandDon View Post
Confused.....Not mentioning the newer 10 speed tranny's but understanding the major difference between the 250 vs 450 is the rear Axial, the 6.7 is the same powerhouse.Your signature line shows 3500 not a F-450.
Guess I should have stated F-450 or RAM 4500 is the ultimate. My RAM 3500 with the 4.10 axle meets my needs. If I ever decided to go with a heavier 5er, then I would give serious consideration to a F-450 or RAM 4500
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 12:33 PM   #45

2006 F-250 SRW 4x4 6.0 with air bags and 2 size upgrade tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccsest View Post
I tow my 377 with a 2013 F250 short bed 4 x 4 with the 6.7 diesel. I do not have a washer/dryer, yet.The configuration of the truck puts the 377 right at the upper end of it's ratings. I already had air bags on the truck for a previously owned TT. I added a built in compressor system with a gauge and control switch in the front seat console. I also had an air chuck installed inside the bed of the truck near the tail gate.

After my first trip on California highways, I added a set of Sumo Springs (supersprings.com) to the front of the truck. This spring replaces the rubber bumper and does a great job of softening the hit from major potholes.

My hitch is a B&W Companion puck style hitch, which I have been very happy with. I am however, thinking about upgrading to a sliding hitch because the short bed limits my turning ability.

The rig tows great. I have no problem going up 6% grades. Even in the summer the temperature gauge barley budges. I am very stable, and do not even notice when big rigs pass me on a 2 lane highway.
I haven’t done anything to the suspension except add airbags ( that makes it part for part pretty much equivalent to the same year F-350) putting on 2 size upgraded tires (no lift etc needed) gives you a bit over 4,000 load capacity per tire. Dropped my mpg by about 0.3 but the safety margin on my rear axle was more important to me. Even with the original stock tires a semi could pass me on the interstate etc. and you’d never know it.

I spent over 180 nights last year and a half and 20k miles towing from Ohio to S. Texas 3 times. Then from Ohio to NM up thru the Rockies to N.MT and all over the Rockies and Continental divide. And then to New England and some of their 15% grades..yep not a misprint. Love the tow haul braking system.

Just my 2 cents. Enjoy and be safe!

Bill & Sherry Spratt
937-830-1980
William_Tell46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 12:46 PM   #46

F250 srw

Quote:
Originally Posted by William_Tell46 View Post
I haven’t done anything to the suspension except add airbags ( that makes it part for part pretty much equivalent to the same year F-350) putting on 2 size upgraded tires (no lift etc needed) gives you a bit over 4,000 load capacity per tire. Dropped my mpg by about 0.3 but the safety margin on my rear axle was more important to me. Even with the original stock tires a semi could pass me on the interstate etc. and you’d never know it.

I spent over 180 nights last year and a half and 20k miles towing from Ohio to S. Texas 3 times. Then from Ohio to NM up thru the Rockies to N.MT and all over the Rockies and Continental divide. And then to New England and some of their 15% grades..yep not a misprint. Love the tow haul braking system.

Just my 2 cents. Enjoy and be safe!
Thanks for the reply. I have been thinking about going to Death Valley after the temperatures go down. some of the roads have 12% grades and I was worried about that. How did your rig do on the 15% grades? Did it struggle uphill? Did you manually downshift for the downhill?
ccsest is offline   Reply With Quote