Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-30-2017, 05:38 PM   #201

I appreciate your help! I have one more question, if I may? I have seen pics of a 2018 North Point 387 RDFS showing the back splash to be a plastic/vinyl gray color. The pic that you posted if the North Point 377 appears to be
Tile, of some degree ?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Jersey Grandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 05:40 PM   #202

That is the stove backsplash, the hutch/bathroom backsplash is the grey tile that I posted. All the stove backsplash are the same

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
enmity02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 05:51 PM   #203

Curious as to why it wouldn't be uniform..lol
THAT plastic stuff is" killing " me..ugh! Maybe it's a woman thing but I just can't love that cheesy look...yikes

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Jersey Grandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 08:54 PM   #204

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassic View Post
Great post Wire!!
To a lot of those changes I can say WTF took you so long!
I like what I'm reading.
Changed fridge and inverter?? Hmmmm..
Changed axels??? Hmmmm...perhaps why half of us can't stop?
I absolutely love the front window in the Montana. Now I'm mad that NorthPoint has it...and I can't get that model now.
I roll my eyes at the drawer slides I have now and upgrade you 2018's are going to get. The stuff we have now is from the 1970's

Anyone seen the new linoleum in person? I'm really not liking it in the pics I've seen. Why didn't they just keep with the wood look like the pinnacle did. Picking mine up on Monday and I'm really not happy with that floor. And I can't tell if the latte interior is a really light shiny fake leather look. Anyone know? I really liked the cottonwood from 17

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ashfamilyof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 11:15 PM   #205

I liked the cottonwood too. There are a few things I wish they hadn't changed but overall I think the 2018 has too many pros vs cons to not get the 2018.
I'm after a 375BHFS. I actually talked to a rep at the factory directly, it seemed to be the only way I could get any info. They aren't even sure what all is a full change or if things can be changed up. The rep is going to get back to me.
One thing I'm very happy about is the 2018 375 will come with two AC units standard, and a third in the rear bunk room as an option. And as mentioned before on this thread, the older style steps are available.
The other things I asked for was a reclining sofa, specifically the same as what came in the 2015 375 Eagle Premier, which was very comfortable. I wanted the matching recliners too. The sofa and recliners in the 2016-2017 north point are not nearly as comfortable, have very narrow arm rests and the sofa pulls out into a bed. I told him the largest Bunkhouse model they have hardly needs a pullout bed in the sitting room. A bit of comfort would be much higher on the list.
A 5500 or 6000 LP fueled onan generator with the smart controller, which can self start/stop when boondocking should the batteries get low or if the the temperature rises to high in the trailer and needs the AC. I plan to put a super sized solar system and a 6 bank lithium battery pack, so what was available for room for batteries in the generator compartment.

Last but certainly not least, I also asked if they would use bigger holding tanks (like from the seismic) or double up on what they already have on that model.
There were a few other little things but weren't too much of a big deal.

He said he would find out from his engineering department and try and track down the older furniture style as they may even have some replaceables in inventory.

All in all I'm very happy with the customer service. I hope the dealer is half as good.
Here's a picture of the Eagle Premier sofa (cottonwood trim).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashfamilyof3 View Post
Anyone seen the new linoleum in person? I'm really not liking it in the pics I've seen. Why didn't they just keep with the wood look like the pinnacle did. Picking mine up on Monday and I'm really not happy with that floor. And I can't tell if the latte interior is a really light shiny fake leather look. Anyone know? I really liked the cottonwood from 17

Old 06-13-2017, 11:16 PM   #206

Picture didn't come up.
Is there a setting I need to select to let me post pictures?
I was able to select a file and upload the picture, it just didn't show up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyCharm View Post
I liked the cottonwood too. There are a few things I wish they hadn't changed but overall I think the 2018 has too many pros vs cons to not get the 2018.
I'm after a 375BHFS. I actually talked to a rep at the factory directly, it seemed to be the only I could get any info. They aren't even sure what all is a full change or an things be changed up. The rep is going to get back to me.
One thing I'm very happy about is the 2018 375 will come with two AC units standard, and a third in the rear bunk room as an option. And as mentioned before on this thread, the older style steps are available.
The other things I asked for was a reclining sofa, specifically the same as what came in the 2015 375 Eagle Premier, which was very comfortable. I wanted the matching recliners too. The sofa and recliners in the 2016-2017 north point are not nearly as comfortable, have very narrow arm rests and the sofa pulls out into a bed. I told him the largest Bunkhouse model they have hardly needs a pullout bed in the sitting room. A bit of comfort would be much higher on the list.
A 5500 or 6000 LP onan generator with the smart controller, will self start when boondocking should the batteries get low or if the the temperature rises to high in the trailer and needs the AC. I plan to put a super sized solar system and a 6 bank lithium battery pack, so what was available for room?

Last but certainly not least, I also asked if they would add bigger holding tanks (like from the seismic) or double up on what they already have.
There were a few other little things but weren't too much of a big deal.

He said he would find out from his engineering department and try and track down the older furniture style as they may have some replaceables in inventory.

All in all I'm very happy with the customer service. I hope the dealer is half as good.
Here's a picture of the Eagle Premier sofa (cottonwood trim).
Old 06-14-2017, 02:49 AM   #207

We picked up our 2018 NP 381 DLQS 5- days ago. I was disappointed as well about the floor changing. I liked the wood plank look in the 17's too. But, now seeing it in person it's not that bad at all.
The Latte colored furniture is NOT shiny, it actually looks much better in person than in pixs. Looks like real leather too. Very comfortable as well (we got the theater seats which are great)
Disappointment was finding, which was not listed in deletions was that the small extra baggage storage compartment under the bathroom slide was deleted. Hubby was exciting about getting that for his tool storage but it is gone now.
FireBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 05:02 AM   #208

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireBC View Post
We picked up our 2018 NP 381 DLQS 5- days ago. I was disappointed as well about the floor changing. I liked the wood plank look in the 17's too. But, now seeing it in person it's not that bad at all.
The Latte colored furniture is NOT shiny, it actually looks much better in person than in pixs. Looks like real leather too. Very comfortable as well (we got the theater seats which are great)
Disappointment was finding, which was not listed in deletions was that the small extra baggage storage compartment under the bathroom slide was deleted. Hubby was exciting about getting that for his tool storage but it is gone now.

Its nice to hear from someone who has already taken delivery. Thank you. You have made me feel a little better about the furniture and the floor. However I may be having hubby changing that floor it at some point. I just really like the wood look. We shall see. Do you have pics posted anywhere? I think we may do a video when we take delivery so others can see. I've so wished someone had done that.

Old 06-14-2017, 12:00 PM   #209

Quote:
Its nice to hear from someone who has already taken delivery. Thank you. You have made me feel a little better about the furniture and the floor. However I may be having hubby changing that floor it at some point. I just really like the wood look. We shall see. Do you have pics posted anywhere? I think we may do a video when we take delivery so others can see. I've so wished someone had done that.

We DID just make a video last night, I just need to figure out how to get it on here for others to see.
We very much appreciate the videos we've viewed on some other things so I know others would like to see this new unit.
Old 06-14-2017, 12:04 PM   #210

Post it to YouTube with a link only and share the link here

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
enmity02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 05:45 AM   #211

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireBC View Post
We DID just make a video last night, I just need to figure out how to get it on here for others to see.
We very much appreciate the videos we've viewed on some other things so I know others would like to see this new unit.

Oh that's great let us know when you get it uploaded to you tube. Thank you so much!

Old 06-16-2017, 02:58 PM   #212

New latte color and other changes

I have a 2018 381? In latte, which I was worried about. I have decided that I like it, it's sort a tan with gray undertone. I was very worried about it being a cream sort of color. IT grows on you. The silver backsplash is only in a little area in the bath so it is no big deal for us and looks fine, it's has a little glittering in it. IT will probably be fine on a hutch if your model has one but would be better if they put the same above the stove and hutch I would think. The flooring is a little light but I like it better than the wood grain. Overall cosmetic appearance is good. Love the new mission style doors. Hate that they changed the bed lights to a single switch, it's both or none. I like the bedroom closet door change only because we ordered a king bed and it makes it easier to get into the closet. Don't think my closet would work well with a washer and dryer because of the bed size. This is probably different on each model. Fireplace is better and doesn't have that cheesy face rock but has wood surround. Squared off valances and cabinet changes are more modern and I think an improvement. The two seater theater seats are now electric with heat and massage. My husband is not happy about the compartment changes. Don't have any other pictures because we got it tried it out and it went back to shop for warranty work but that's a whole other issue. I may or may not discuss until resolution of issues but I will say there was no quality control on my camper, factory or dealer and I shouldn't have to be dealing with warranty at all. Hope you all have better luck.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0481.jpg   IMG_0484.jpg   IMG_0485.jpg   IMG_0482.jpg   IMG_0483.jpg  

Basunnyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 08:54 PM   #213

I got to go see my new Northpoint 377rlbh today[emoji4]. I will try to post some pics. Can't wait to take delivery!

Old 06-16-2017, 11:07 PM   #214

Quote:
I got to go see my new Northpoint 377rlbh today[emoji4]. I will try to post some pics. Can't wait to take delivery!

Very nice!

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 03:29 PM   #215

Did anyone notice the mid and rear leveler' now have adjustable feet. Like the front legs. You can lower the legs before you start leveling .

Hoojs12840 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 07:58 PM   #216

I sure hope not. It's bad enough having to set the pin in the front jacks! Most mid range fifth wheels have gone to complete hydraulic stroke on the leveling gear. The better ones are mounted outside the frame rails and point outwards at a slight angle for extra stability.
This was a much needed upgrade which I had really hoped Jayco would have incorporated on the 2018.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoojs12840 View Post
Did anyone notice the mid and rear leveler' now have adjustable feet. Like the front legs. You can lower the legs before you start leveling .

LuckyCharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 07:45 AM   #217

I think on the rear and mid levelers it just allows the feet (landing pad) to be removed not to adjust the height. I can verify this later today if you want me to. I haven't looked that hard at them yet.
T&M_Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 07:15 AM   #218

Video of 2018 NP 381DLQS

Made a video of our New unit.
Here's the link.

Old 06-20-2017, 07:17 AM   #219

Quote:
Oh that's great let us know when you get it uploaded to you tube. Thank you so much!

Here's the link
Old 06-20-2017, 07:33 AM   #220

Thanks for posting the video, very helpful.
rdlouks is offline   Reply With Quote