Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-20-2017, 10:35 AM   #221

New Norcold 18 cf 2 way refrigerator temperatures

As you guys get your 2018's I would like feedback on those that got the Norcold 18cf 2 way refrigerator. LEt me know how it works. Warranty is telling me 42 - 46 degrees is the normal running temperature. I think it needs to be 33-40 to be safe, I realized it's a large one and will take time to cool down, and will get higher when it's opened much. AFter almost 48 hours on we could only get it to 54, they are doing some kind of work on exhaust but two dealers have thrown out the higher running temperatures at me and telling me that is a safe range when it's not! any feedback welcome
Basunnyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 10:41 AM   #222

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireBC View Post

Thank you so much for posting! Yall have it decorated so cute! You have given me ideas[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ashfamilyof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 11:40 AM   #223

That 381 video is exactly like mine. WOuld you mind telling me what temperature you are getting on th refrigerator? That would be very helpful to me. Thanks
Basunnyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 05:54 PM   #224

I think you did a GREAT job on that video!! Better than any salesman has done.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 02:43 AM   #225

We choose for the first trip out to use Electric on the Frig. (Propane typically gets refrig. temps colder) so we wanted to see how cold it would get when using electric.
I use ACU-RITE temperature sensors/readout and the refrig. read 34 with the freezer reading 22 (32 degrees being freezing temp) This was on the coldest setting #9. The settings range from 1-9 with (1) being the warmest and (9) being the coldest. After seeing those readings I adjusted to #7 and the reading temp went up to 37 and freezer up to 24. So I kept it at #7.
Attached Thumbnails
510mOY9AjhL._SL1000_.jpg  
FireBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 02:44 AM   #226

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basunnyday View Post
As you guys get your 2018's I would like feedback on those that got the Norcold 18cf 2 way refrigerator. LEt me know how it works. Warranty is telling me 42 - 46 degrees is the normal running temperature. I think it needs to be 33-40 to be safe, I realized it's a large one and will take time to cool down, and will get higher when it's opened much. AFter almost 48 hours on we could only get it to 54, they are doing some kind of work on exhaust but two dealers have thrown out the higher running temperatures at me and telling me that is a safe range when it's not! any feedback welcome
We choose for the first trip out to use Electric on the Frig. (Propane typically gets refrig. temps colder) so we wanted to see how cold it would get when using electric.
I use ACU-RITE temperature sensors/readout and the refrig. read 34 with the freezer reading 22 (32 degrees being freezing temp) This was on the coldest setting #9. The settings range from 1-9 with (1) being the warmest and (9) being the coldest. After seeing those readings I adjusted to #7 and the reading temp went up to 37 and freezer up to 24. So I kept it at #7.
Old 06-21-2017, 02:51 AM   #227

Quote:
That 381 video is exactly like mine. WOuld you mind telling me what temperature you are getting on th refrigerator? That would be very helpful to me. Thanks
The refrig. settings to choose from on the 18cu ft. Norcold are 1-9 (with 9 being the coldest setting) We set it at #9 using electric not propane and we got 34 for the refrig. and 22 for the freezer. I then changed it to #7 and got the refrig. to 37 and freezer to 24.
Perfect temps the entire week. My only issue is those little refrig. brackets you buy to keep the doors slightly ajar when you break camp to put back into storage, there is no way they fit in the Norcold double doors. So I haven't figured out how to keep them ajar while in storage lot/not is use to prevent mold.
Old 06-21-2017, 02:52 AM   #228

Quote:
See below entry, answering your question
Old 07-18-2017, 08:57 AM   #229

Hey everyone,

This thread seemed like a place to start for my question. I've seen some pictures of the 2018 377RLBH and while not definitive, it seems like the outdoor kitchen fridge might be larger than the 2017 (and larger than the 355MBQS). Can anyone confirm this? It seems like it might be a "normal" sized outdoor fridge as opposed to the half sized "dorm" fridge.

I searched and spot checked this thread but didn't see an obvious answer - forgive me if its been covered.

Thanks!
dhawken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 08:59 AM   #230

They made a change in late 2017, to go to the larger rectagular fridge over the mid 2017 and earlier square fridge. This is noticable by the kitchen door and the storage door being the same size. They carried this over to the 2018 model year.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
enmity02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 10:29 AM   #231

Quote:
Originally Posted by enmity02 View Post
They made a change in late 2017, to go to the larger rectagular fridge over the mid 2017 and earlier square fridge. This is noticable by the kitchen door and the storage door being the same size. They carried this over to the 2018 model year.

That is sweet info - thanks! That explains some of my confusion - thinking I saw a bigger fridge in some pictures and then not in others. Definitely prefer the bigger fridge. Any idea if the same change was done to the Eagle 355MBQS? The lack of a sink in these outdoor kitchenettes is one of the last hurdles we have to convincing ourselves.
Old 07-18-2017, 04:45 PM   #232

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhawken View Post
That is sweet info - thanks! That explains some of my confusion - thinking I saw a bigger fridge in some pictures and then not in others. Definitely prefer the bigger fridge. Any idea if the same change was done to the Eagle 355MBQS? The lack of a sink in these outdoor kitchenettes is one of the last hurdles we have to convincing ourselves.
Not sure, have not looked into the Eagle line much.

Old 07-19-2017, 06:25 PM   #233

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhawken View Post
About the outside fridge on the 2018 377RLBH. We have found that we will need the bars to hold things on the shelves while traveling. Example water bottles fall out and hold the door open while traveling. Someone else posted about adding a small board to the RV door to hold the fridge door closed if this happens.

Also found the outside cook top to small. So taking a decent size skillet and frying bacon for the family doesn't fit well with the wind breaks up around the cook top. The skillet is way off centered on the burner. I bought a Camp Chef cook top to solve this that I tie into the quick connect on the trailer with a griddle.

I wish it did have a sink but I have been using wipes for now to semi solve this. I might consider a portable sink but I'm not sure how the parks would like the water running out on the ground with a little grease in it.

The outside kitchen is lacking and missing quite a bit to make it really useful from what other manufactures or models offer. It could also use a drawer to keep outside utensils in also.

Hope this helps.
T&M_Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 04:41 AM   #234

Quote:
Originally Posted by T&M_Texas View Post
About the outside fridge on the 2018 377RLBH. We have found that we will need the bars to hold things on the shelves while traveling. Example water bottles fall out and hold the door open while traveling. Someone else posted about adding a small board to the RV door to hold the fridge door closed if this happens.

Also found the outside cook top to small. So taking a decent size skillet and frying bacon for the family doesn't fit well with the wind breaks up around the cook top. The skillet is way off centered on the burner. I bought a Camp Chef cook top to solve this that I tie into the quick connect on the trailer with a griddle.

I wish it did have a sink but I have been using wipes for now to semi solve this. I might consider a portable sink but I'm not sure how the parks would like the water running out on the ground with a little grease in it.

The outside kitchen is lacking and missing quite a bit to make it really useful from what other manufactures or models offer. It could also use a drawer to keep outside utensils in also.

Hope this helps.
That absolutely helps - thank you! You pretty much confirmed our perception of the outside kitchen in the 377 (and by extension the 355MBQS, fridge size notwithstanding). We looked at how we currently use our outside kitchen and felt the RLBH version was not going to measure up. Totally sucks - the floorplan was pretty much perfect otherwise.
Old 07-23-2017, 02:31 AM   #235

An electric skillet on a table is much better to cook on. Manufacturers spend millions of dollars to figure what will sell and then figure out the cheapest way to offer that. It looks great at an RV show and makes them profits.
robertopod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 07:22 AM   #236

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertopod View Post
An electric skillet on a table is much better to cook on. Manufacturers spend millions of dollars to figure what will sell and then figure out the cheapest way to offer that. It looks great at an RV show and makes them profits.
Amen. I have yet to have much use for the outside kitchen grills, stove tops, or the bumper mounted grills that come with the trailers. The outside kitchen for us is almost a must have for the fridge, sink, storage, counter space, and little else. Really waiting for a great mid bunk house floorplan that we like with a good outside kitchen.
Old 08-27-2017, 04:33 PM   #237

Anyone have a 2018 with the extendable rear and middle jacks? What I mean is you can manual drop the pads down like on the front before you use the electric portion.

Hoojs12840 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 06:16 PM   #238

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoojs12840 View Post
Anyone have a 2018 with the extendable rear and middle jacks? What I mean is you can manual drop the pads down like on the front before you use the electric portion.

Mine do not have a manual extend, I was suprised as I have had them on past trailers.

Old 08-27-2017, 07:56 PM   #239
CTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoojs12840 View Post

Nope. Just the fronts
Old 04-03-2018, 09:37 AM   #240

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassic View Post
I think it's hi. But now it's clouded with your trade.
I would try some online dealers and see what prices you get.
RVdirect and that one in Indiana. Some one help me out here, I forget the name.
I think that price should be closer to your price for a 2018.

I'm iffy about the tire option too... I know they are good, but that's a lot of $$.
Unless you get a different rim.
You could get Sailuns for a lot less then that. Ask Magnolia Tom about them.
And if you have absolutely no desire to put a generator in, then the gen prep is throwing money out the window.

JMHO.
I think you were referring to The RVExpress ...It is located in the same community that Jayco Factory is located
Carbon Steel FBP
Delivery May 2019
2015 Silverado High Country 3500 DRW 4X4
B&W Companion
S1lv3R4D0 is offline   Reply With Quote