Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-05-2017, 07:17 PM   #1

NorthPoint 377RLBH

Hello,
My wife and I are looking at the 377. Coming from another brand with hydraulics in slides and level up system, I was curious from others their opinion on the electric vs hydraulics? I have heard they are a little slower but operate well. This is my biggest concern currently with Jayco. We love the floor plan and the unit looks well made. Lots of positives with my only concern.

Thank you for any advice,
Ricky
ncrzrbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 08:20 PM   #2

I've only had 1 problem with a motor in the bunk slide room. That motor was replaced under warranty. The "big" kitchen slide is slow to come in/out, but hasn't been a problem as of yet. My family loves the 377! All RV's have their problems, just be through on the PDI.

Best of luck with your decision!
Old 01-05-2017, 09:51 PM   #3

All of our slides worked great once we put the slide dry lube on them. Make sure it is made for slides so it doesnt build up. I applied it the first 3 times they closed and when they seem to slow.

During the walk through the guy had me push the autolevel button and said "Now we go drink a beer." Sure it took some time, but compared to manual leveling it is more than worth the wait.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
2 Beautiful Redheads, 1 Great Pyrenees, 3 cats (1 is great, 1 is great but hides a lot, and 1 is a crabby old man)
Always looking for new places to take photos.
Mdiwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 06:24 AM   #4

Thank you guys for the input.
Old 01-06-2017, 07:34 AM   #5

I too wish that we had Hydraulic leveling but all of the other features made us want the 377 more than some other model. I have yet to have any issues with the slides and they work smooth. Once in a blue moon the kitchen one will bind while retracting so you reverse direction quickly and then back to retracting and it slides in.
Progressive EMS Hardwired
Beautiful Wife and Beautiful 11 YO Daughter
Standard Goldendoodle and Miniture Poodledoodle
Kahoneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 02:01 PM   #6

I asked the dealer the same question when I bought mine! He pointed out that with the hydraulic system your relying on the pump entirely. Individual electric motors are easier to replace if anything breaks and also they can all be manually extended and retracted if need be. The jacks are the same way, easy to replace if broken and wont affect the rest of the unit if already on location somewhere.
Old 01-07-2017, 02:28 PM   #7

We've had our 377 RLBH for just over a year and have had no serious issues with either the slides or the jacks. As another poster commented, the kitchen slide will bind but you just stop, reverse, start again and no issues. The living area slide is a different type than the rest and it tends to stop frequently on me when I'm pulling it in...sounds like there's a breaker of some sort that trips, wait a couple seconds and it will start again.
I've experienced the "Out of Stroke" issue a few times with the jacks (when they extend too far), but after making some rubber pads to compensate for times when the ground is more seriously out of level, it hasn't been a problem either.
I also agree with the electric vs. hydraulic as far as ease of replacement - and cost for that matter. If the pump goes or anything happens with the hydraulic system, you're out of luck for ALL slides. If you have an issue with an electric motor, it only effects one slide.
freddirkse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 05:43 PM   #8

Thank you everyone for your input.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 01-08-2017, 07:21 PM   #9

freddirkse... I'm not sure you should be binding.
Are you sure you have no bent floor supports? That would cause binding.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote