Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-26-2020, 07:58 AM   #1

Northpoint 377RLBH Slide stuck

Hi

Just arrived at a new site last night and the door side (with the sofa) won't go out. I can hear the clicking but no movement.

I was hoping to get my RV guy out but hes out of reach for a few days.

Is there a manual crank for this slide?

Any advise given is appreciated. Thanks.
mcferran1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 08:10 AM   #2

A couple of items to check.

1) Do you have the LCI panel on the wall. You can remove the bezel (should just pop off, then remove the LCI panel (pops off), unplug it, wait 10sec then plug it back in and let it reboot. Then try to move the slide again.

2) Do you know where the slide controller is? Probably in the storage compartment. Can you see flashing red lights on it? Count them, the series (number) will indicate the issue.

3) There might be available mobile techs that can come to you in your area. I just google it. Do you have Good Sam tech support? Call them.

4) Every slide has a manual operation. The crank handle should also be in the cargo compartment. The bottom section (outside) of the slide should have a small hole with a rubber grommet to insert the crank into. You can see where the socket end of the cranck handle will slip onto the rod for the manual operation.

Good Luck.

E-9 Anchor Clanker
Full timers since 2010
2017 North Point 381 DLQS
2015 F-250 6.7 w/Timbrens
DonaandDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 09:59 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaandDon View Post
4) Every slide has a manual operation. The crank handle should also be in the cargo compartment. The bottom section (outside) of the slide should have a small hole with a rubber grommet to insert the crank into. You can see where the socket end of the cranck handle will slip onto the rod for the manual operation. Good Luck.
Don, that crank handle on the hole with a rubber grommet is to lower the spare tire. Has nothing to do with the slide.
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 10:50 AM   #4

Rack and pinon slide:

Try this

Tow Rig: 2015 Ford F-450 Platinum, airbags, B&W Companion hitch for factory puck system.
prm99v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 10:51 AM   #5

If it's not a Schwintek slide then the clicking you here is the slip clutch. (My name for it) It's probably just binding a little. Try letting it in and out a few time rapidly with the rocker switch. If that doesn't work then there should be an access panel under the RV where you can get to the motor. You can take a wrench or socket and manually let it out a little then try your rocker switch.
georam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 10:54 AM   #6

^^^^^The video explains it much better than I did.
Old 02-26-2020, 07:25 PM   #7

Ours did that and I had to give it a nudge from inside to get it out. It kept getting worse and I finally had 2 teeth on the gear break and then I had to replaced the motor and gear for about $1,000.00
Progressive EMS Hardwired
Beautiful Wife and Beautiful 11 YO Daughter
Standard Goldendoodle and Miniture Poodledoodle
Kahoneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 08:11 AM   #8

Thanks guys.

I tried the rocker switch a few times last night and a little push at either end and it went out. I just hope it comes back in now
mcferran1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 09:14 AM   #9

It should. The last RV we had used to do it all the time. It only did it when trying to extend it never while retracting.
Old 01-09-2023, 07:20 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by georam1 View Post
If it's not a Schwintek slide then the clicking you hear is the slip clutch. (My name for it) It's probably just binding a little. Try letting it in and out a few time rapidly with the rocker switch. If that doesn't work then there should be an access panel under the RV where you can get to the motor. You can take a wrench or socket and manually let it out a little then try your rocker switch.
Mine does this pretty often. I have to get under and give it a turn or two with a wrench and then it works just fine with the regular switch. Is there a known repair for this?
USMC47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2023, 07:41 PM   #11

Sounds like the stop can may need to be adjusted. The slide may be closing a hair too much.
Old 01-09-2023, 08:23 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Sounds like the stop can may need to be adjusted. The slide may be closing a hair too much.
Grumpy, would that be the nut at the end of the motor being held on by a cotter pin?
USMC47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2023, 10:13 AM   #13
Site Team

My thru frame slides are not that easy to access. I have to take a panel off the coroplast and lay on my back to get a ratchet wrench on it.

When you bring it in just listen to the motor, when it starts to strain on the outgoing or incoming just take your finger off the button and make sure it is sealed. No need to let it ratchet and get jammed. Most of the motor stress is at the beginning and end of the slide motion.

I would not attempt to adjust the stops until you know exactly what to do to adjust it.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2023, 02:45 PM   #14

I had a similar issue and found the motor had come off part way. I’d hit the button. Here a click and nothing moved. Something broke on the motor where it was mounted and had to replace it. In the meantime for that trip I ran to Lowe’s and got a good power drill(needed a good one anyway) to run it in and out. Doing it by hand would’ve taken all weekend. One caveat, the drill couldn’t get it back in. I was a one man show. I had to use my phone/one control app while I held the motor in place to close it.

As others mentioned. Should be a little squareish panel under there the trailer you can unscrew to access it. Hopefully your site isn’t rock like mine was. On my back on rocks wasn’t the best.
2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW
TxLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2023, 04:22 PM   #15

The stop can is on a threaded rod that is visible when the slide is extended.
Old 01-21-2023, 04:22 PM   #16

Thumbs up

Mine just started acting up as well and assuming I'm on the correct post with the information here where mine is in the closed position now after we found a computer "charger box" was stuck underneath the living room/couch/dinette area rack and pinion slide on my 18 NORTHPOINT 377RLBH

When I push on the "EXTEND" button it only rapidly clicks. About the same speed as when it ratchets when it reaches fully closed position but not as loud.

The charger has been removed. #Tried pushing on the valances/molding on each side with a "shoulder bump" on each side but still nothing.

I'm on the road but found somewhere I can take a look at the underside, here in Laughlin, Nev.

COME ON BY! We're at the Pioneer boondock parking lot! I've got plenty of cool, refreshing beverages to have to converse about this damn slide!
calisparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2023, 03:36 PM   #17

Found the motor on the, looking from the outside inward, left and around 6ft in on this rack and pinion slide. ]
On the back side of the motor was the "screw" with the 5/8" end for a socket on it. Using a ratchet i turned a couple turns, watching it move out to re-engage the rack/pinion and from there I used the button as normal.

It continued happening a couple times more, not everytime, and had to do it again each time it happened.
I stopped researching anything further at that time having the problem not often at this time.

I did have to cut a hole in the under belly and replace it with a bit larger a piece, put some screws through and into the wood frame then duct tape for insulation/keep it secure for temps.
calisparky is offline   Reply With Quote