Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-02-2020, 09:40 AM   #1

Northpoint 377RLBH vs Pinnacle 37MDQS

I'm looking for some opinions on these 2 campers. As you know the floor plans are almost identical. I have a deal worked out on each for basically the same money.

The Northpoint is at 68.8K plus tax. It has the heat pump, sanicon, backup camera, slide toppers and receiver hitch that the Pinnacle does not have.

The pinnacle is 68.5K plus tax and we really like the additional width, the shower, the bigger sink, and bigger stove.

Does anyone have and thoughts or advice?

Thanks,
Josh
jlp16au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 10:23 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlp16au View Post
I'm looking for some opinions on these 2 campers. As you know the floor plans are almost identical. I have a deal worked out on each for basically the same money. The Northpoint is at 68.8K plus tax. It has the heat pump, sanicon, backup camera, slide toppers and receiver hitch that the Pinnacle does not have. The pinnacle is 68.5K plus tax and we really like the additional width, the shower, the bigger sink, and bigger stove. Does anyone have and thoughts or advice? Thanks,Josh
As you can tell from my signature, I'm partial to the Pinnacle. And yes, that extra 6" in width makes a huge difference. We love ours. The shower is bigger than the one we had in our stick & bricks.
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 11:00 AM   #3

As I have mentioned before I have had so many problems with our NorthPoint, I am on a first name basis with most of the techs at the dealership. They know what breaks and they are telling me Grand Design.
Thomson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 12:46 PM   #4

Thomson,

What kind of problems have you seen with yours?

Josh
Old 07-02-2020, 11:31 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlp16au View Post
Thomson,

What kind of problems have you seen with yours?

Josh
Stovetop, radio 3x, regulator/hoses, particleboard sink top in bathroom, window frames falling off, cabinet doors falling off, ductwork for heat falling, fridge lock up, shower faucet went from cold to burn moving the handle about 1 degree, furnace two control boards sail switch flame sensor, battery dead in 2 months, fireplace was installed incorrectly, window shades fall down, various electrical wiring I fixed, closet doors off rollers 3x, closet rods too short, chloroplast falling from underbelly, low point drains always leak. That's about what I can remember right now.
Old 07-03-2020, 05:25 AM   #6

Depends on where/what you plan on doing with it as well. That extra width makes it more stressful to tow on narrow mountain roads.

We’ve had our 377RLBH since Feb, camped about 30 nights (less than normal because of COVID) and we haven’t had any issues with it (except for a few minor things that I can handle easily). I feel bad for the previous poster, but not everyone has had a bad experience..
peoples1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 08:56 AM   #7

We camp host at a small campground every summer (last 9 years) in Colorado. We see almost every brand and every size of RV and hear good and bad on all. From Newmar, Grand Design, Jayco and Keystone. We enjoy our North Point and have had a few issues but overall very pleased. I've found that as new manufactures start to expand their offerings and increase production (or get bought out) they have the same issues as any other manufacturer producing large amounts of products to meet demand. I've talked to many owners that swear by the quality of an RV or hate a brand and that applies to the million dollar coach to the twenty thousand trailer.

The layout of the 377 and the 37MDQS are slightly different. The Pinnacle has the pantry in the extra room not the kitchen which was an issue for us. But, if you can get it for less or the same as the 377 I'd go for the Pinnacle. The 6" is a big difference. If you get an opportunity to go in both one after the other you'll notice the difference.
2018 North Point 377RLBH, Roadmaster Comfort Ride, Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension, Flexair 21k Pinbox, Victron MultiPlus II 2x120v 12v, power distribution, solar controller, smart shunt, 1000w of solar panels, 4 Lifepo4 200ah batteries
2017 Ford F350 Lariat CC DRW LB 6.7, Air Lift 7500XL with Air Lift dual channel wireless
bill3kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 01:35 PM   #8

Thanks for the input everyone. We will be getting the Pinnacle.
Old 07-03-2020, 01:42 PM   #9

The Pinnacle is a good choice. The ammenties are a fancier and as mentioned before the extra 6" of width makes a differece.
Demco 18K Autoslide Hitch and Timbrens
2019 Ford F350 SB 6.7L Diesel (Gone)
Radar57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 08:07 PM   #10

Do a complete PDI before accepting it. Personally check everything starting with tire pressure. Ours were 50 instead of 80. Bring a DVD an turn it on right at the start and let it run. Run everything; all gas appliances at the same time. Drop the spare to make certain the chloroplast doesn't drop. Ours did. Spend the night in it. Take showers. Run AC. Learn self leveling and where the controls are. Check, check, check. Don't give them a big down payment
Get checklists from the net. Don't trust anyone when they say they checked it. Some of the failures I took the word of the tech while two salesmen were hurrying. DON'T. Run the shades several times Same with awnings. If the closet rods are on the floor it means they don't fit. Make sure the icemaker works
Find the valve for it. Put fresh water full and run off the pump. If it pulses, then there is a leak. Our gray and black tanks leaked. When you get a chance fill all your waste tanks until the back up into the sink, shower, and toilet. Let sit overnight. The levels should be the same in the morning. Ours leaked and bulged the chloroplast. Good luck
Old 07-08-2020, 02:04 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomson View Post
Do a complete PDI before accepting it. Personally check everything starting with tire pressure. Ours were 50 instead of 80. Bring a DVD an turn it on right at the start and let it run. Run everything; all gas appliances at the same time. Drop the spare to make certain the chloroplast doesn't drop. Ours did. Spend the night in it. Take showers. Run AC. Learn self leveling and where the controls are. Check, check, check. Don't give them a big down payment
Get checklists from the net. Don't trust anyone when they say they checked it. Some of the failures I took the word of the tech while two salesmen were hurrying. DON'T. Run the shades several times Same with awnings. If the closet rods are on the floor it means they don't fit. Make sure the icemaker works
Find the valve for it. Put fresh water full and run off the pump. If it pulses, then there is a leak. Our gray and black tanks leaked. When you get a chance fill all your waste tanks until the back up into the sink, shower, and toilet. Let sit overnight. The levels should be the same in the morning. Ours leaked and bulged the chloroplast. Good luck
You did all this BEFORE taking delivery?
loxllxol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 04:54 AM   #12

We Love our Pinnicle and on our Model Pantry is in Kitchen next to stove. We did have some problems. Hose to Pump from outside panel to winterize was bent in half. Sail switch in furnace went up and water heater stoped working on LP mode but still worked on electric mode. (Cercut Board went up. ) Jayco paid for all the repairs and we used a Mobile RV Teck to perform the work and paid the service call. He does much better and faster work then the Dealer.

Larry Wagner
Stewartstown PA
2019 Jayco Pinnacle 36SSWS (Louise)
2019 Chevelet Silverado 3500 Dully Duramax Engine (Allison Transmission) (Thelma)
pawags45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 04:59 AM   #13

Northpoint and Pinnacle are both good units, it will just come down to the basics. Like weight, length and the floor plan you like the best. As with all these campers you have to give up something to get something, so just make the best choice for yourself and in the end you probably be happy with the choice. But make that choice on what you absolutely need and what you can live with out. so if the 6" wider body is a must have then you made your choice.
2017 Ram 3500, Big Horn, 6.7, Crew, Long, DRW, Aisin, 4:10. Full timer in a Pinnacle
eagleback is offline   Reply With Quote