Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-06-2016, 08:55 PM   #1

Not starting out good

During our demo walk thru we noticed the fridge in our new 321RSTS wasn't working and was told they hadn't done a PDI till that morning and they have had the unit for a good while .. They are on the phone back and forth with Norcold and I have a trip planned and running out of time. I hope if they can't get it resolved they will pull a unit from another unit to put in mine. I don't know what to do without getting mad.. Grrrrr

Gobbledot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 09:22 PM   #2

Welcome and congrats on the new 5er!!!

Hope the dealer gets things all set for you in time for your trip!!!

'16 Jay Flight 32 BHDS ELITE 32 BHDS MODS Reese DC HP

WDH SET UP. HOW A WDH WORKS. CAT SCALE HOW TO.
need-a-vacation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 09:35 PM   #3

Sounds like poor planning on the part of the dealer. Unfortunately, things will happen. You may want to ask them to make it up to you by throwing in something you want. Maybe one of those blue grey water totes?
justman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 10:54 PM   #4

I doubt they will pull one from another unit. I asked about pulling a slide motor out of another unit and was told that everything in a Jayco has its serial number recorded at the factory. Jayco gets on the dealer if they start swapping parts as it messes up the warranty records.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ford 2016 F150 Lariat, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost
Max Tow Pkg, 36gal tank
Reese Sidewinder and Reese Titan 16k hitch
BuddyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 11:04 PM   #5

Sounds like typical dealer bull crap to me...
Reese SC Weight Distrubition with sway control (12,000lb)
Jhowemca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 05:55 AM   #6

Well my opinion is that the dealers should be conducting thorough PDI's as they receive the units in from the manufacturer. That way they have plenty of time to get units fixed that need fixing before it hits the sales lot. This would make everyone's life easier, both the dealer and the customer. A lot of time and aggravation could be spared.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
StarGazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 06:41 AM   #7

That should've been caught by the dealer upon their inspection of the unit when delivered. A unit with a problem such as this should not have been showable on the lot. Sets a bad example, not just for them, but for Jayco as well. Although, there is a chance it went south on the lot. Can't understand how, but possible. That being said, it's the dealers responsibility now to have it fixed before delivery. Period. Warranty is warranty. Regardless, if it's the dealer or consumer. I've also heard rumors that warranties won't kick in until the unit is titled and this may be why it hasn't been addressed yet.
Equal-I-Zerô WDH
Me, Momma and Charles (RIP buddy)
And introducing Sofie!! ;)
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 06:46 AM   #8
P&K

It seems that workmanship is slipping everywhere. We have had our unit out three times now and I look forward to the time we don't have a problem. Currently it's at the dealers getting repairs.

One thing you might want to check before hitting the road is the lights over the island. I stepped on a decorative screw last weekend after opening the slideouts. It came out of the one light which was left swinging by the wire. Who know for how long during our 1.5 hour drive!

Before even taking it out the struts on the bed were applying too much pressure to the sides and the bed broke. IT was a Wed. Night and we were camping Friday. Luckily the issue was fixed in time.

Shower leaked all over the floor. Looks like it's not caulked properly. Leak under the island sink. �� Rubber seal for fridge side slide out ripped in every place there is track. Don't want to scare you and hope you don't have all these problems. It just seems that everything is slapped together and for the money you put out you'd think they were be in better shape.

All that being said I do love this unit and hope once we get it back it will be problem free. When you get it out use everything and inspect everything closely. I might not have notice the slight leak under the island sink if I wasn't really inspecting after the shower issue.
Old 06-07-2016, 07:41 AM   #9

Sorry that this is your launching pad. It all comes down to the dealer when most systems are first tested. Pulling a fridge from another unit is not something that will likely occur.

If that was my unit I would not want it pulled out and replaced like that. Get it done right and with a new unit if required. Don't let your eagerness to camp allow things to get done in haste.

Perhaps you could convince them to spring for a small dorm fridge to mount in the basement for your first outing if you do not have an outdoor kitchen. That will come in handy down the line.

I would also now take some extra time to go through everything to make sure it works while it's there for the extra time. Hook up a hose and test it all. Every valve. It's common to have some leaks in the first months of ownership.

Hope your on you way speedily.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 08:19 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWP723 View Post
That should've been caught by the dealer upon their inspection of the unit when delivered. A unit with a problem such as this should not have been showable on the lot. Sets a bad example, not just for them, but for Jayco as well. Although, there is a chance it went south on the lot. Can't understand how, but possible. That being said, it's the dealers responsibility now to have it fixed before delivery. Period. Warranty is warranty. Regardless, if it's the dealer or consumer. I've also heard rumors that warranties won't kick in until the unit is titled and this may be why it hasn't been addressed yet.
Interesting rumor you heard regarding the warranty not kicking in until a unit is titled. I will have to thoroughly read through the warranty documents because I plan on obtaining the Manufacturer's Statement of Origin directly from RV Express in Middlebury, IN followed by only using one of my auto dealer license plates for traveling without ever actually titling the TH through a state's DMV process. This is lawful and using my dealer plates is applicable under reciprocity laws in all 50 states and Canada. By the way, my TV will also be displaying a dealer plate.

(2) Yamaha EF2000is Inverter Generators
House of Harview is offline   Reply With Quote