Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-27-2020, 01:30 PM   #1

NP 382FLRB Mysterious crack in front window

I was wondering if anyone else had a mysterious crack appear in their large front window on the front cap of the fifth wheel. We bought our 382FLRB 2 months ago and it has been parked at the campground for those 2 months. We have not towed it, it has been sitting for the 2 months we have owned it. Nothing hit the window, it just started cracking in the upper corner. You can not see it from outside as the film out side covers the crack up. I think it is a stress fracture of some kind.

Jayco said windows are not covered under warranty but I have read on here that some have had luck getting it covered.

Any feedback to this newbie would be greatly appreciated...if Jayco will not cover I feel it will be pretty expensive.
pppbigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 02:45 PM   #2

Your Comprehensive Insurance should cover the replacement if warranty doesn't.
Old 10-27-2020, 03:22 PM   #3

Post pictures
Jeffur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 06:33 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pppbigdog View Post
I was wondering if anyone else had a mysterious crack appear in their large front window on the front cap of the fifth wheel. We bought our 382FLRB 2 months ago and it has been parked at the campground for those 2 months. We have not towed it, it has been sitting for the 2 months we have owned it. Nothing hit the window, it just started cracking in the upper corner. You can not see it from outside as the film out side covers the crack up. I think it is a stress fracture of some kind.

Jayco said windows are not covered under warranty but I have read on here that some have had luck getting it covered.

Any feedback to this newbie would be greatly appreciated...if Jayco will not cover I feel it will be pretty expensive.
Picture added
Attached Thumbnails
Jayco cracked front window 10.25.20.jpg  
Old 10-28-2020, 06:58 AM   #5

Why wouldn't Jayco cover a new unit?

From their site:

Aside from the components covered directly by suppliers, our RVs are protected by a warranty that comes directly from us—the people who build your RV—and is serviced by our dedicated and expertly trained dealers. Each unit is protected against defects in material and workmanship to the original purchaser starting on the day of purchase.

In my non-lawyer opinion, this is a "defect in material" and should be covered. When we saw the front window on the caps, this was one of our 1st concerns, especially while traveling. You have been sitting...
USMC Veterans (both of us)
Marine71-76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 07:33 AM   #6

My thoughts exactly...we shall see what comes of it. Jayco has the picture and the explanation.
Old 10-28-2020, 09:00 AM   #7

Good news...just heard back from Jayco and after sending them the picture of the crack, they are covering this under warranty. Thanks for the replies. It is good to know that what I read on here that Jayco is a stand up company is true.
Old 10-28-2020, 09:45 AM   #8

Woohoo! That's great news!

2018 Jayco White Hawk 31BH 34'
2004 Surveyor by Forest River 29'
1996 Coachman Catalina 25'
2002 Jayco 12UTD PopUp
TrashMan Videos
sturgissteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 05:12 PM   #9

Update

Well I got the cracked front window replaced today under warranty...glad Jayco covered it!!! When they removed the window, the local glass shop was able to keep it in one piece so that it could be shared back with Jayco.

The old saying "a blessing in disguise" holds true here because they found that the window seal that is supposed to interact with the sealant did not reach far enough to the outside of the window and eventually the 2 or 3 loactions where the 2 sealants did not meet would have leaked (per the dealers repair team), so it was worth the hassle in the end.
Old 07-26-2021, 06:40 AM   #10

Cracked front glass

Glad to see I'm not the only one....at least they shouldn't give me any grief covering mine under warranty as well....
Attached Thumbnails
Front Window.jpg  
jason1168tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 02:55 AM   #11

Ours has not cracked yet. But i agree on the sealant. We physically watched hornets walk around the edge of the glass and into our unit. I ended up caulking around the entire window.
CenTexJayco is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
382flrb, broken front cap window, stress fracture