Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-05-2021, 12:10 PM   #1
jsk

NP Recall Question

We take ours end of the week for recall. I received email from dealer yesterday saying it needed to be completely empty and that they would take it to be weighed.

I do not understand why Jayco wants measurements of the suspension when empty. Can anybody explain? We travel with it loaded. On the scales the camper is 16.2k. I don't remember exact axle weights but do know they were well under max per tire and axle limit.

Dealer can get it weighed. I offered my CAT scale weights which was not accepted.

Thanks
Old 01-05-2021, 01:03 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsk View Post
We take ours end of the week for recall. I received email from dealer yesterday saying it needed to be completely empty and that they would take it to be weighed.

I do not understand why Jayco wants measurements of the suspension when empty. Can anybody explain? We travel with it loaded. On the scales the camper is 16.2k. I don't remember exact axle weights but do know they were well under max per tire and axle limit.

Dealer can get it weighed. I offered my CAT scale weights which was not accepted.

Thanks
That's their baseline measurements and weight. Lippert is probably requesting how it's to be assessed.

Warranty and recalls have protocols and there's nothing you can do. It's goes through their processes.

Earl
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 02:58 PM   #3

Wouldn’t doubt if they were trying to weasel out of the repair.
Old 01-06-2021, 01:03 PM   #4
jsk

What I learned when calling Jayco

They would like unit to be below GVWR and in a 'as you would travel' state.

It should be weighed and owner can weigh it before taking it. It must be an unhooked weight.

The parts kits - bump stops and springs - on backorder 4-6 weeks.

It should be inspected within 3 days per recall notice after dropping it off. If not you have the right to call Jayco. The purpose is to get parts ordered in a timely fashion and reduce owner time without unit.

Last year it sat at Jayco for crack repair, this year it will sit at dealer for at least 2 months, and can't wait to see what next year brings.

Thanks
Old 03-24-2021, 12:22 PM   #5

We re going through this recall work now. I took the unit, 2017 Pinnacle 36FBTS to the dealer last August 2020 for the initial evaluation and to have the bumber stops installed. I dropped it off a week and a half ago to have the work done and they called to tell me they did not have the correct parts and as of today they haven't told me when the parts will arrive. The picture is of the indentations the bumper stops are putting on the frame rails. The Jayco response is for me to contact Lippert because it is not their issue when in fact Jayco is the one that initiated the bumper install as a short term fix for the suspension issue. Does anyone have a contact at Jayco? All I have is the customer service number and am getting no where except frustrated.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5966.jpg   IMG_5964.jpg  
kliney1016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 05:06 PM   #6

Exactly, putting on a bandaid solution to an engineering under design issue.
Jeffur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 06:04 PM   #7

I got my NP recall notice back in august. I had to take it to the dealer for an "inspection". They did what they had to do and sent the results to jayco. A month later it was determined all mine needed was bump stops. Dealer ordered them but they came damaged in shipment. They contacted jayco and jayco decided to send another set of bump stops AND changed their mind and sent all new leaf spring packs. My truck and trailer was put away for the winter so we scheduled it for march 2021. My appointment was 3 days ago and I got it there first thing in the morning. They had it done in about 4 hours while I waited. The new springs were a thicker pack and a different curvature so it now sits over an inch taller.