Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-05-2018, 01:34 PM   #1
BLK

Odd tire on new pinnacle

So we have a new Pinnacle 36SSWS that we picked up from Camping World about 6 weeks ago. I was inspecting the tires the other day and noticed that one of the tires does not match the other tires. The other 3 tires are all Goodyear Beast tires that Jayco advertises as part of their 5 star handling package. The odd ball tire is some brand I have never heard of. My guess is they had a tire blow out on when transporting the rig and decided to try to slip one in on whoever purchased the unit. Maybe thinking the new owner would not notice or care. Has anyone had this happen before with Jayco or most likely Camping World?? I am trying to contact dealer to get an answer on this but as always, they are slow to respond.
BLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 01:43 PM   #2

Your assessment sounds very accurate. Did you inspect closely for any trailer damage that you may have missed during the PDI in and around the area of that tire?

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 01:49 PM   #3
BLK

Just a quick inspection and nothing looked out of the ordinary. But after thinking about it more and based on your reply, I think I will take a closer look. Thanks
Old 09-05-2018, 01:50 PM   #4

I was thinking Jayco was using Goodyear Endurance now. What is the oddball tire?
No way would I have mismatched tires on a new trailer.
Congratulations on the new trailer and good luck with it. Keep us posted.
2naEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 01:57 PM   #5

Should of caught that on your self PDI. What about the spare?

Earl
Line-X premium
Mopar wheel to wheel steps
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 02:19 PM   #6
BLK

And yes, you are correct they are Goodyear Endurance tires. The beast tires are what I remembered from their website advertisement. Will need to check and see what the odd tire brand is. And the odd tire bothers me too! I like having all the same brand!!

And my bad for not catching it on the inspection. It was raining, we were outside and it was the last inspection of the day and the guy was rushing to get it done. That is the best excuse I can come up with.

Will check the spare and see what it is.
Old 09-05-2018, 09:39 PM   #7
TLG

We spent considerable time going over our unit prior to purchase. During the pdi I noticed a Jayco sticker on the fridge that I thought was a magnet, that wasnt there previously. When we got home and started repacking, it was obvious that it was some kind of exterior decal that was meant to stay. After much effort I got it removed and discovered a dent in the door that wasnt there prior to purchase. The dealership initially wanted to say it was there, but we had detailed pictures of everything inside and outside. They replaced the door, but that was the first of a long line of issues we've had with this issue.
TLG is offline   Reply With Quote