Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-15-2021, 03:42 PM   #1

Ohhh Jaycommand

Hi All, Any help would be great!
New 2021 EagleHT 28.5 maiden voyage The JayCommand system will randomly shut down and turns off everything that was set, including furnace, water heater, ceiling and awning lights. I turn back on items mentioned and it will work for varying periods of time and then shut off again .... It as if there is a time out or motion light situation.. Is there a reset or am I doing something wrong ?
Dcarl569 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 08:28 AM   #2

So it's not just me

We have the gremlins at work, too. We've noticed that if we turn the Jaycommand controlled lights, and then I walk outside, the lights turn off. This happened multiple times on our first trip. We're going on a short 2 day trip next week, we'll see what happens.
jbs-summerville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 08:35 AM   #3

JBS, LOL same here!! And when they turn off , the system turns off everything connected to the control; water heater, heater...
Old 03-16-2021, 08:39 AM   #4

I also have problems with my Android phone being able to connect to the system. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. And I've not yet been able to keep a connection when I'm outside and wanting to adjust the leveling system, which is a pain because when we're trying to hook up to the truck, you can't see the pin box when you're at the controls of the leveling system.
jbs-summerville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 08:50 AM   #5

Well we have I-phones and same issue. We can pair appears to be connected. All looks good .. and the damn lights turn off LOL.
Old 03-16-2021, 05:01 PM   #6

I remember when we got ours and one of the main tech guys at the dealership and a mechanic told us that the physical switches and thermostats and those components were much preferred over a touch screen that controls everything. Their reasoning was that if it's a switch or something goes bad, you can always modify the wiring to get something to move or turn on and off, but if the touch screen goes bad, sometimes you can be out of luck.
ShotgunZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 05:19 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcarl569 View Post
Hi All, Any help would be great!
New 2021 EagleHT 28.5 maiden voyage The JayCommand system will randomly shut down and turns off everything that was set, including furnace, water heater, ceiling and awning lights. I turn back on items mentioned and it will work for varying periods of time and then shut off again .... It as if there is a time out or motion light situation.. Is there a reset or am I doing something wrong ?
This is a bit of a shot in the dark but are you sure this is random? Turn on the heater, water heater, etc... and see if something is drawing too much power. I seems vaguely like our old issue with the heater igniting and making the lights flicker and thermostat reset.
madmaxmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 08:32 AM   #8

Thank you Max. I will check that out but it still seems random. Just this morning, we were sitting drinking our coffee, only electric draw was the over head lights and they turned off. I wonder how much if possible it would be to go back to hard switches.....
Old 03-17-2021, 08:32 AM   #9

I wonder the cost to go to hard switches. If even possible ...
Old 03-17-2021, 12:36 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcarl569 View Post
I wonder the cost to go to hard switches. If even possible ...
My concern would be your warranty. They could blame many future electrical issues on your changes. As new as it is, if I were you; I would just get it into a Jayco dealer, for warranty documentation and repair.
madmaxmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 05:04 PM   #11

I agree Thank you
Old 03-18-2021, 08:07 AM   #12

There was a recent update to both software and firmware, maybe yours needs to be updated?
FireguyEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 12:38 PM   #13

I had a problem with mine constantly shutting itself down as well. After some searching I found that if you go into the system and delete the memory and reboot it will fix the problem. Sorry I don’t remember the details on exactly what to do but I believe there is a YouTube video on BM Pros YouTube channel. Hope this helps.
CampingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 12:41 PM   #14

Trouble shooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireguyEd View Post
There was a recent update to both software and firmware, maybe yours needs to be updated?
I reached out to BMPRO a couple of days ago. Scott walked me through troubleshooting via email, and so far after the software and firmware update it’s working amazing.

I do have a couple pdf trouble shooting guides they sent me including walkthrough for update, but I do not know how to post pdf here.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf JayCommand update 031821.pdf (2.04 MB, 47 views)
USNMA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 12:54 PM   #15

Also the control unit is a tablet. Make sure it’s not set to go asleep or shut down after inactivity. Not sure if that could be an issue if it is.
USNMA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 08:07 PM   #16

conect problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbs-summerville View Post
I also have problems with my Android phone being able to connect to the system. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. And I've not yet been able to keep a connection when I'm outside and wanting to adjust the leveling system, which is a pain because when we're trying to hook up to the truck, you can't see the pin box when you're at the controls of the leveling system.
if your tv is running disconnect your blue tooth from your truck . your phone is trying to connect to the truck after i figured that out phone works great for all my rv controls
Farmboy98922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 08:08 PM   #17

if your tv is running disconnect your blue tooth from your truck . your phone is trying toconnect to the truck after i figured that out phone works great for all my rv controls
Farmboy98922 is offline   Reply With Quote