Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-26-2019, 06:51 PM   #1

OneControl Fault Detected Update.

Original Post;
(As a reference I have had problems with my dinette slide producing a “Fault Detected” each time the slide was retracted which would disable the switch and I could only use the OneControl Panel or my iPhone to open or close it.)
I called Lippert and talked to the OneControl people to find out what could cause the “Fault Detected” problem and they said it was a motor over current condition. Knowing that I called Lippert back and talked to the slide out division and they said that the problem is in the motor assembly. That clicking sound you hear I thought was the motor stripping gears however there is a clutch inside the motor that engages before it draws too much current. If you don’t hear the clicking sound that means it’s a clutch problem and since it’s built into the motor and cannot be adjusted the motor must be replaced. I told this to my dealer and he’s ordering out a motor. When it’s installed I’ll report back If it worked or not. (this actually makes sense because when I hear the clicking sound when moving the slide in or out it doesn’t generate a fault).

UPDATE;
Had the motor replaced today. Cycled it 10 times, no fault was generated. Looks like that did the trick.

Traded: 2018 RAM 3500 DRW, 4X4, 4.10, 6.4 Hemi, Curt A20 hitch, Tire Minder

2018 North Point 315rlts with most of the options.
JohnWedell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 07:17 PM   #2

Good to hear that you have solved your issue!
Dealerproofed by Powerstroke Specialties
Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Airbags | Blue Ox Super Ride hitch
SB_James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 08:03 AM   #3

Occasionally I have the very same thing happen on my dinning room slide also. Will not operate from the main control panel but will from my phone app even though it said "fault detected" on the app. I better have it looked into. Thanks John!!
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 04:07 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRUEBBE View Post
Occasionally I have the very same thing happen on my dinning room slide also. Will not operate from the main control panel but will from my phone app even though it said "fault detected" on the app. I better have it looked into. Thanks John!!
Ditto! Warranty running out soon, this is already on the list.

Thanks for the info I can tell the dealer to shortcut the troubleshooting!

Todd
Just outside Philly
2018 377RLBH
2019 Ford F450 Platinum
Old Faithful: 2004 GMC Sierra 3500 Diesel Dually
Lowmiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 09:53 AM   #5

mine does the same thing .found out if I turn off battery disconnect then back on panel switch works which makes sense . this resets control panel eliminating error. I have never seen error code on one control but have always just tried panel switch and when it doesn't work I turn on one control panel and run it with one control or cycle disconnect switch. I will have to look for error code ? what sequence of use will show error code on screen ?
Thanks for this post I will see if dealer will get me new motor I assume they are pricey
Might take some convincing without them diagnosing the problem ,we will see.
Haul n it all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 03:21 PM   #6

Great thread; thanks guys. Haul n it all, I'll look forward to hear what you find out.

We too have had the issue of the dining slide sometime working only on the OneControl panel or app.

On a related note, does anyone know what slide Jayco uses on the (Pinnacle) dining slide? I was trying to look up the documentation on the MyLCI app. Ironically it appears to be one of the lighter slides on the rig but the understructure of that slide looks like it could hold up a drawbridge (is not a Schwintec). Don't see any placards.

Thanks
Angus
2019 F350 DRW Lariat CC Long Bed Diesel "Sheila"
3 Chihuahuas and 4 cats
We don't camp, we don't glamp, we LIVE.
Joan617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 03:29 PM   #7

Quote:
On a related note, does anyone know what slide Jayco uses on the (Pinnacle) dining slide? I was trying to look up the documentation on the MyLCI app. Ironically it appears to be one of the lighter slides on the rig but the understructure of that slide looks like it could hold up a drawbridge (is not a Schwintec). Don't see any placards.

If it has the bars under the slide then it’s the thru the frame system

Traded: 2018 RAM 3500 DRW, 4X4, 4.10, 6.4 Hemi, Curt A20 hitch, Tire Minder

2018 North Point 315rlts with most of the options.
JohnWedell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 03:56 PM   #8

Rack & pinion I believe on the dining room slide.
Formerly from Sequim, WA
Old 10-09-2019, 05:16 PM   #9

Right. Was looking for the brand. In the Lippert "MyLCI" app, there are several brands of slides that they make for different markets. Jayco manual mentions possible rack and pinion, through the frame, and flush floor - any of which it could be. Wanted to get the 411 on the controller thing since we move to FLA next week and wanted to reduce drama as I get on my hands and knees and pray as I hit the slide switch...

Speaking of slides, on my 36ssws this summer we had the bedroom slide stall on Memorial Day weekend. We had to wait for the RV tech, sleeping 3 days on the couch and using public restrooms, because Jayco insisted that it could not possibly be the bedroom door lock-out switch that I first suspected. Last week they sent me the notice on the Service Bulletin dated 2018 that described the fix for that very problem. Our rig was built in September 2018 and purchased in December.

Oh and speaking of TSB's and recalls, they also sent me last week the note about the Frame reinforcement near the pinbox structure to prevent possible cracking of the fiberglass wall. It too was dated August 2018. We got the crack two weeks ago. Sorry for the digression.
3 Chihuahuas and 4 cats
Old 10-10-2019, 08:01 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joan617 View Post
Right. Was looking for the brand. In the Lippert "MyLCI" app, there are several brands of slides that they make for different markets. Jayco manual mentions possible rack and pinion, through the frame, and flush floor - any of which it could be. Wanted to get the 411 on the controller thing since we move to FLA next week and wanted to reduce drama as I get on my hands and knees and pray as I hit the slide switch...

Speaking of slides, on my 36ssws this summer we had the bedroom slide stall on Memorial Day weekend. We had to wait for the RV tech, sleeping 3 days on the couch and using public restrooms, because Jayco insisted that it could not possibly be the bedroom door lock-out switch that I first suspected. Last week they sent me the notice on the Service Bulletin dated 2018 that described the fix for that very problem. Our rig was built in September 2018 and purchased in December.

Oh and speaking of TSB's and recalls, they also sent me last week the note about the Frame reinforcement near the pinbox structure to prevent possible cracking of the fiberglass wall. It too was dated August 2018. We got the crack two weeks ago. Sorry for the digression.
Angus, I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing, but I have yet to receive a TSB or recall notice on my Pinnacle!
Formerly from Sequim, WA
Old 10-10-2019, 01:59 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRUEBBE View Post
Angus, I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing, but I have yet to receive a TSB or recall notice on my Pinnacle!

Hey Al
If you have an hour to spare, a fully charged phone and maybe some snacks laid out, you can call them at 800-283-8267.

After reporting my sidewall crack, I was told (emailed) that I had other outstanding TSB's and recalls that needed attention. I immediately wrote back and asked what they were.

Three days later I was emailed a list of the TSB numbers without an explanation of what they actually were. I kindly asked them if there was a way of finding out what they were, since I could find no way of looking them up on their web site.

Four days later I rec'd an email with four attachments/ PDF's of the original letters. So this discovery took seven days. Two of them were dated prior to my build and purchase date last year and described defects that I just discovered this season.

That e-mail address is service@jayco.com.

Angus
3 Chihuahuas and 4 cats