Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-06-2020, 06:42 PM   #1

OneControl Issue

Out camping this week after long winter storage and 3 month warranty. Everything was going great until a heavy rain with thunder and lightening. I had the awnings out luckily no damage there.

After the rain quit the wife told me the living room lights would not come on. These are operated by a switch on the main switch panel. Tried retracting both awning, also on the main switch panel. Also tried turning on the awning lights and they would not come on, also on switch panel. Tried turning on the bed room lights and they would not turn on. This was confusing because the bed room lights are not on the main switch panel. The common denominator, One Control.

I tried operating all of the above from the app on my iPhone. Nothing. Then I tried the One Control panel and I found some of the icons were missing or did not function. Looked at fuses and everything normal. My first thought was I can’t travel very far with the awnings out so I would have to figure something out.

Then I got a bright idea. We had a close lightening strike and it was after that the problem occurred. So figuring this is all electronic/computer stuff what do you do when that doesn’t work you reboot. Shutoff shore power, disconnected batteries, let it set for a few seconds then reconnected power. Much to my surprise everything worked and all the icons were on the OneControl panel.

I hope this helps someone else in the future.
Radar57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 06:47 PM   #2

Hi
Had this happen a couple of times
Just do a reboot of the one control tablet control unit. Holding the power button will bring up the menu iirc

Power cycling the 12 volts will force a reboot as well

RoadrunnerII

TV 2016 F250 Crew Sterling Gray SB 6.7 PS airlift ultimate Air bags
2017 Eagle 321RSTS
Pullrite autoslider
RoadrunnerII is offline   Reply With Quote