Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-22-2017, 03:45 PM   #1

Opinion of North Point and Pinnicle quality

Hello, We are looking at the 2018 North Point 315 and 381. Can anyone share an ownership experience? We were ready to buy a Grand Design Solitude when we stumbled across the new North Point. We own a 2013 Eagle TT now that quite frankly has been junk the last few years with floor squeak, flexing issues and under belly screws rusting out and cabinet door hinge screws pulling out. Reading some horror stories about Thor and warranties being screwed around with. Just not wanting to make a mistake. What I liked about Grand Design was the quality, fit and finish but also I met a factory rep at the Hershey show, he invited me to the factory to tour the facility but also to meet the owners of GD- actually previous owners since WB acquired them. I was somewhat taken back that the owners will sit and talk to a perspective buyer. Being in sales, I mentioned I'm not going to Elkhart to listen to a sales pitch! But was assured they talk only about supporting the people who spend hard earned money with Grand Design. I wonder if Thor does that?...

Firefighter78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 03:58 PM   #2

We looked at both of those floor plans before deciding on the Pinnacle. Overall the Pinnacle just felt like a more sold unit. Everyone's tastes are different, but for what it's worth, we thought the living space in the 315 felt small, and the bathroom in the 381 was just too big and the bedroom a little tight.

We also looked at the Solitude, and though it was a nice rig, it just didn't feel right to us, and I wasn't impressed by some of the materials they used. Friends of ours have a GD and they have a lot of the same quality and fit and finish issues the rest of the industry does.

robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 04:45 PM   #3

The North Point is not worth the money, and to get any warranty work done is not worth the headache. Our 2017 NP 375bhfs had major issues and after months of dealing with Jayco. The unit will be in the shop for approx 8-12 months at a minimum
5Castles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 05:38 PM   #4

What kind of issues have you had? If its going in the shop for 8-12 months, you should be reimbursed for the unit or offered a new one.
Firefighter78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 05:57 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5Castles View Post
The North Point is not worth the money, and to get any warranty work done is not worth the headache. Our 2017 NP 375bhfs had major issues and after months of dealing with Jayco. The unit will be in the shop for approx 8-12 months at a minimum
Sounds like another bad dealer to me. 95% of the time the dealer is blaming JAYCO when it's actually their poor service dept.

We had a couple issues with our 2015 PINNACLE, but JAYCO made it right with no questions. They even had our air cond fixed while we were staying at FORT WILDERNESS by authorizing mobile service repairs.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 06:05 PM   #6

This is the 3rd dealer that has had to deal with this camper, in 3 different states.
Old 09-22-2017, 06:11 PM   #7

I spoke directly with Jayco several times, over several months trying to get these issues resolved.
Old 09-22-2017, 06:17 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5Castles View Post
I spoke directly with Jayco several times, over several months trying to get these issues resolved.
What kind of issues, if I may ask.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 06:22 PM   #9

We have a 2017 Pinnacle and it has been an absolute pleasure. Aside from a few very minor items it has been flawless. I really think it comes down to the selling dealer. Good one's make sure you get taken care of by Jayco. Others...Not so much.
Fishermanbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 06:35 PM   #10

We narrowed our purchase down to the solitude and the north point, I think both are made better than the alpine and Montana. We went with the NP 315, mainly because it was cheaper, the three propane tanks. We've been happy so far after one season. I don't think you could go wrong with either one.

Firestone air bags
Ringneks is offline   Reply With Quote