Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-22-2017, 11:34 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erren View Post
I'd seriously consider looking at buying wholesale or something like https://www.rvdirect.com/. I had quotes from both GK and RVdirect. I had a pretty good deal from the Hershey RV show, and GK beat out the other Jayco dealers on site at the show. That said, RV direct was about $8k less than GK, but being this was my first 5th wheel, I didn't want to go to Buffalo or Albany, NY to pick up and get service. RVDirect was by far the easiest to deal with. All Email, no pushy tactics, and a great price.
Whoa. Almost wish I didn't see that link! I just had them quote me and after accounting for taxes, they are about $4k lower than the dealer I already have a deposit with... ouch.

Guess I chalk that $4k up to "insurance" for when I need local, TIMELY, warranty service... fingers crossed.
Lowmiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 04:41 PM   #22

To follow up on this, while rvdirect does sell at a "wholesale level to the public" they also buy at wholesale level. Their quote on my trade-in was about $2500 less than my local dealer, making the diff much more tolerable.

However, should I have been able to sell my current rig at full retail value (crossing fingers I can still do that in the next two months), their non-trade in price was darn competitive...
Lowmiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 05:01 PM   #23

That was my experience as well. The trade-in difference was about $2000 on mine as well. Also have to remember taxes, since now your subject to NY state tax, and you'll have to pay PA tax when you go to register it, I believe.

Still, they are very competitive. I'm hoping the model will spread to regular dealers and cut down on some of their nonsense.
Old 11-29-2017, 05:56 PM   #24

Just finished a purchase from Fretz RV. Very happy, very honest, professional. I would recommend them.
2015 Toyota Tundra 5.7 Crew Cab, Traded in
Bluegill1
bluegill1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 08:08 PM   #25

I live in SE PA and won't call out specific dealers on this forum but am a savey buyer- I saved 8k by going out of state. Like most- I work hard for a living but understand by paying a little more for good after sales support is a smart decision. But the last purchase- I'm not paying 18% more for anything.
Firefighter78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 07:38 PM   #26

I have purchased two Jayco trailers for Kline, very happy with both sales and service. Not a problem with either. Pricing was good and well as the trade in deal. Always had very quick and reliable service.
2016 F-250 gas Super Duty Super Crew 8 ft. box.
jamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 10:22 PM   #27

I live about 1 mike from fretz so I guess I am spoiled. But, I have nothing but good to say about them. One story sticks in my mind. I had a furnace go out the day before a weekend trip in the cold. They are typically booked for weeks for service. They agreed to work on the furnace if I could remove it from the Rv. They fixed it, I put it back in and was a happy customer.
Biggest Weber fan in the world.
Bucko06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 07:26 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamer View Post
I have purchased two Jayco trailers for Kline, very happy with both sales and service. Not a problem with either. Pricing was good and well as the trade in deal. Always had very quick and reliable service.
X2
Ela1948 is offline   Reply With Quote