Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-10-2021, 07:36 PM   #1

Opinions on floor plans

Hello!

We are thinking of selling our Jayco Jayflight 32BHDS and buying a fifth wheel. We are still looking for a bunkhouse or a middle bunk floorplan. We have three children, two are with us all the time. One is in college and camps frequently with us. He girlfriend also comes with him, so we need room for four others plus my husband and I. We are trying to not get too large and are really interested in these Jayco HT models: 29.5 BHOK, 29.5 BHDS, and 30.5 MBOK, and 31MB. I would appreciate any comments of thoughts on these models as well as any others that may be of interest. We do want an outside kitchen of some sort as we have it not and aren't willing to give it up. Thanks, in advance, for any ideas!
tmclaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 08:19 PM   #2

What type of tow vehicle do you have? That might limit which of these units you can tow.
Old 01-10-2021, 08:33 PM   #3

We have a 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD Diesel.
Old 01-10-2021, 08:48 PM   #4

Under normal times times, I would say go to the dealership, and roam the lot. I always encourage the sales person to assist others. I like to dig through the camper without them around. Sit in the chairs, and discuss how we are going to use the rig, where we are going to put stuff. Once you hear the sales person, sales pitch of one camper, it is almost the same to the next model, just the layout is a bit different.

With 4 potential kids, the 29.5 BOK is nice. Out of your of the list of 5vers, I really like the 30.5MBOK. It looks like the 2020 model year might be its last.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 08:54 PM   #5

My buddy has a 29.5 bhok. He likes it. The outdoor kitchen is almost as big as mine on my Northpoint. Good size fridge, nice sink and counter space and cabinets. Pretty decent storage. Make sure you get one with dual A/C units. He lasted one season and that was it. He had the dealer install the second one. Much better in the summer heat. He was towing it with a 2016 silverado, crew, standard, duramax. The truck got t-boned and now he has the same thing but a 2020 High Country. I will say if the trailer comes with the standard pinbox, dump that thing and put on a Moryde or a Trail Air. The truck, trailer, and DW will thank you.
Old 01-10-2021, 09:23 PM   #6

Thank you for the information. I do believe 2020 was the last year for the 30.5. I think they are now making a 31 MB that looks similar.
Old 01-10-2021, 11:28 PM   #7

I have the 29.5 bhds. Excellent outside kitchen with sink grill and a separate door with a very large outdoor fridge. The door for the outside kitchen is large and makes a great roof area when opened. The bunks are double over double 600 lb rated. The bunk area closes off with a solid door. It also has a large closet with 3 drawers. The fifthwheel is not overly large and not too heavy. Less than 10,000 pounds. The 2021 have increased fresh tank sizes standard auto level. No step up around the master bed. They have a king bed option. I really like my Floorplan and cannot reccomend it enough. If you want to see the 2021 check you tube. haylett rv did a video tour.
Old 01-12-2021, 01:03 AM   #8

We have a 2017 291rsts. It has rear living, center kitchen.
We spend about 30-45 days a year in our rig with an equal amount of rv parks and Boondocking.

Here are key points i think are important. Many rv spots have either a view or private area to the rear of the spot. A large rear window takes advantage of that.
Of course the door is on the passenger side which is where the picnic table normally is. Large windows are nice on the passenger side.
The neighbors picnic table and door would be on your drivers side, small windows on the drivers side would give you more privacy.
We also wanted the tv directly across from main seating area.
Our rig has a dining table and chairs, vs a dinette with bench’s. On long trips we remove one of the chairs and use the area for storage of shoes etc. we normally eat outside or on small tables at the couch or recliners. Dining table is not important to us.

For us rear living, center kitchen is perfect.

Other items, we wanted mostly full walk around the bed to make it easier to make, plenty of storage below bed, a larger shower, a pantry and large (rv) refrigerator. Have not had any need for a Washer dryer, we just pack cloths enough for entire trip. Electric fireplace has been used a lot.

Hope that helps.
Old 01-12-2021, 09:48 AM   #9

We've looked at going to a bunkhouse now that our grandkids are getting old enough to go with us and if we make the switch it will be to a toy hauler. IMO it's the best of both worlds, a separate room for the kids and a place to haul all of their stuff.
bender88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 10:27 PM   #10

We have the Eagle 347BHOK. It’s got a rear bunk house that sleeps 4. It’s a monster (41 ft.), but we love it!
emancipation77 is offline   Reply With Quote