Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-18-2016, 09:02 PM   #1

Opinions on Pinnacle 36FTBS

I'm getting close to pulling the trigger and upgrading to a Pinnacle 36FTBS. Just wondering if anyone out there with one of these could share their opinions/experiences with me about this camper. Goods? Bads? Uglies?
KYCAMPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 10:28 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KYCAMPER View Post
I'm getting close to pulling the trigger and upgrading to a Pinnacle 36FTBS. Just wondering if anyone out there with one of these could share their opinions/experiences with me about this camper. Goods? Bads? Uglies?
I like the floor plan for the most part. I feel the second bath is a little redundant but I do not own one so I am just going from the floor plan.

I think the 321RSTS is a great value, has more kitchen storage and counter space, larger shower, bigger pantry(s). better bedroom TV position, and a linen closet.

I am sure you are already aware of this but sometimes you just need to hear it from someone who does not have a dog in this hunt.

Good luck with whatever you decide.
King Bed with Java Interior, (2X) Yamaha EF2000isV2
2012 Ram 4500, 6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel, MegaCab = "Hagrid"
8'x12' BMCM Stake Bed, Cabin Chassis, 2WD
360 degree Virtual Tour
Fairenatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 05:44 PM   #3

We love ours. The half bath is nice for quick trips in and out without tracking thru the trailer. The front bath really sold it for us. So nice to have all that room in the front bath. We also really like all the windows in the main living area. Negative for us would be the king size bed. I'm getting ready to retro fit it to a queen. Pretty hard to move around the sides of the bed. We had also had some trouble with the kitchen slide. The Schintek was installed out of tolerance at the factory which kept the gears from meshing together. Our dealer did take care of the problem though. Also I wouldn't get a keyless entry. Never had any luck getting it to work.
jayfowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 10:08 PM   #4

Thanks for the feedback. Kind of decided to sit on it awhile. We can pull in just about anywhere with our 27DSRL but I'm concerned about campsite availability and manuverability with a 41' camper??
KYCAMPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 10:29 PM   #5

We have a 2015 36FBTS that we bought in October. The bath and a half was what sold my better half. The 1/2 bath has been great for us, especially when we've had a lot guest. The windows in the living area are nice as mentioned. We went with a queen bed, so we would have a little extra room in the bedroom. The island gives us more counter space than we had in our TT and was also one of the things we like. We are very pleased with the floor plan.
16 ft.Nova Craft Prospector Canoe
2 12’ Old Town Loon angler kayaks
okraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 10:37 PM   #6

Also, for more info on likes and problems on the 36FBTS model, there is a thread titled "Recent 36FBTs owners - check-in". Good source for the info you are looking for.
16 ft.Nova Craft Prospector Canoe
2 12’ Old Town Loon angler kayaks
okraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 07:13 PM   #7

I was hesitant about the length also but it really hasn't been a problem. Much easier backing in than my travel trailer.
jayfowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 08:02 PM   #8

We love our 36FBTS. The master bath is so roomy and adding the washer dryer there is very convenient. When there are guests, nice to have 1/2 bath. We got queen bed and glad we did. We also put solar on roof so we can use our refer when dry camping. Added 4 6Volt batteries instead of 12V. Second AC is a must too.
Old 01-21-2016, 06:54 AM   #9

Also went with the queen and just about all options. Learned after it was built that if you call the factory u can have other things also done. Only option I should of got was the reverse cycle a/c. Generator has saved me at my last campground when power went out due to lightning strike.
Rock
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 01:15 PM   #10

We've had ours since last May and have absolutely no regrets. Plenty of room even with several guest. The front bath with full sized shower, double sinks and lots of room is great, and the 1/2 bath is also a great addition. We opted for the king size bed and it works for us, no problem. We got all the options except full body paint. We are prepped for the washer/dryer but haven't had them installed yet, we're not full timing so not having isn't an issue for us right now. I think one of the best options we got was the insulated windows, they DO make a difference with temp control. We have had ours setup in a park since we purchased it and it gets used almost every weekend.

Hope the info helps, as stated before there is a lot of info and opinions in "Recent 36FBTs owners - check-in", in the fifth wheel section.
Slotted and Dimpled Brake Rotors
Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Ultimate Airbags with WirelessAIR Controller
TexasRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 02:57 PM   #11

TexasRT
Since yours is in a park and used weekends do u run your slides in when you lv? Just curious since if u do you your Schwintec system is well used way more than ours. Have heard nothing back from dealer on what is up with mine. Since Tampa Rv show was just over they probably have not even looked yet. I am also waiting on them to tell me how much to put low profile black covers over my three fans so I can leave them open. Had to mention that the dealer across the road (camping world) will install the covers for $5 till the end of Jan. That is a good deal since our vents do not have the quick pin hole connectors.
Rock
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 09:12 PM   #12

I've run them in and out a couple of times, just to exercise them. No problems so far.
That sounds like a deal on the vent covers. Our dealer installed ours when we picked it up. We bought two and he gave us one, not bad for the MaxAir with the quick pins on them. Hopefully they will get you back in business soon.
Slotted and Dimpled Brake Rotors
Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Ultimate Airbags with WirelessAIR Controller
TexasRT is offline   Reply With Quote