Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-30-2015, 08:37 AM   #11

We use the factory under-bed mount and the B&W hitch. Our pinbox is not a sidewinder. Can't make a full lock U-turn without buying a new rear window. Getting the 5th at 90 deg while backing? Fugetaboutit! Truck and 5th are both '13. Changes in the front cap? Dunno. We make do for now but tight turns take planning and caution.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 11:04 PM   #12

Thanks for all the advice and suggestions. Today I made a makeshift template to attach to the pin on the 5'er to check just how far I could turn before contacting the truck body. After checking that, I'm going to try it as is for awhile. I don't anticipate bending it that far, but will keep a close eye on it if I do. The one campground we go to in NC is pretty tight, but I think I will have maneuvering room. I put a TT in there that was 29' overall, so I think the 5'er will be manageable, being only 23" longer. Anyway, we'll give it a try.

2015 F250 Super duty 6.2L full trailering pkg.
Loris, South Carolina.
rryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 08:02 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by rryman View Post
.Since your F250 was ok with the trailer I'm hoping I will also be ok. I have looked, but not measured, but I don't think there is much height difference between the 4 x 4's and the 2wd's. Mine sits level, has good clearance between the bed. The dealer mentioned it because he said that the HT's were not equipped to raise the trailer. Said something about there not being any "holes" to adjust the height.
No so true - mine was found to be nose high, and not clearing as well as it should. For "only" $600 extra on the day we picked it up, the dealer put a lift kit on the 5th to get it up and level. Maybe there is no factory provision, but at least for mine, there was a solution.
Old 03-31-2015, 08:10 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by nylyon View Post
With the revolution, you can use it as a traditional pin by installing 2 bolts which lock the revolving part. I have never locked this so I have no idea if I have clearance when used traditionally.
And about that - as I noted, the chief mechanic at the dealer had one, so when I took it in for service, I had no concerns. They put the lock bolts in so they could move it around their yard. When I picked it up, it made some "clunking" noises on the way home, but wasn't till I got there that I found the lock bolts had not been taken out! This meant there was NO place for the fifth to pivot. Pin box, Revolution, and hitch were all mangled up. Luckily no frame damage to the truck or 5th. Dealer repaired all quickly, including even the mechanic taking parts off his at home as loaners, as they couldn't get them all in on time for our upcoming trip! Now I ALWAYS check that the bolts have been taken out!
Old 03-31-2015, 03:21 PM   #15

We are going to look at my 27.5 HT raising it. There are adjustment holes and the dealer thinks it is adjustable. I have a Reese Revolution on my camper installed by Jayco when ordered. Love it and I have a Ram short box.

rbintheup is offline   Reply With Quote