Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-01-2015, 08:03 AM   #21

Mine has 4 vents. Bunk, Back bathroom with a tiny fan and power lift, kitchen upgrade to Fantastic thermostatic vent(option), front bathroom northern breeze fan(standard). Second ac in BR (option) closed my fifth would be vent.

Maxx air II's on all without any issues of ventilation. You could go for the special ones at $80.00 each, but I seen no real sizable advantage between that and the II's due to the three sides.

Is an option now available from the plant to add these? My were all added aftermarket. I also added a clear lid to my kitchen vent since it was opaque white. Nice natural light now with a white cover.

A Maxx air I or Camco might have an issue with volume due to their designs having less open vents. Just my opinion.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 09:19 AM   #22

Thanks 3's. Our current Rockwood TT came standard with one fantastic fan in the bathroom. We opted to have another one added in the kitchen. Those both came from the factory with a special fantastic vent cover over those. I added the Max Airs to the two additional in the unit.

By the looks of photos I can find online of the North Points (which btw there are not many photos available), it appears that they do not come with vent covers at all. From the dealer spec sheet we are getting a fantastic fan in both bathrooms (bath and a half). No where on the spec sheet was there an option for additional fantastic
Fans nor was there an option for covers. I think I will pilfer the ones off my Rockwood and "transplant" them.

Thanks!!!
nhfire152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 10:29 PM   #23

Got an email today from my salesman and my unit is due to be off the line and ready to be picked up at the factory on August 11. Has anyone purchased an extended warranty if so for how much and how long?

2017 Ford F-350 Lariat Ultimate 6.7 CCSB
2016 Jayco North Point 375BHFS
EricRom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 10:49 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson View Post
I bought a 2015 375 bhfs in May. I am pulling with a 2006 F250 extended cab 6.0 diesel. I have no problem pulling the camper, but I did over heat the brakes on the truck after traveling through a congested traffic area. Thinking about upgrading the brakes and also curious about the airbags to level the truck. Love the camper so far!
Nelson,
Congratulations on the new trailer and welcome to the forum.

Regarding the brakes over heating: I am assuming you mean the truck brakes. Here are a couple of things.... How 'high' are your trailer brakes set on the brake controller? You may need to increase that setting to get more 'help' from the trailer's brakes. Also, using the 'tow/haul' setting on your transmission, when braking it will 'downshift' the transmission to make it easier on your truck brakes.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 05:10 AM   #25

Eric. That's great news! I am very anxious about getting our new rig as I'm sure you and your family is. I ordered mine about 2 weeks to the day after you. I'm very curious to see if they will be coming off the line about two weeks apart as well.

Thanks for the update!
Old 07-12-2015, 08:47 PM   #26

I got word from my salesman that it looks like we may take delivery of our new North Point right around the 2nd or 3rd week of August.

This wait is KILLING me!!! and it really hasn't been much of a wait yet. LOL
Old 08-01-2015, 05:35 PM   #27

Email from my salesperson, it going on line to be built this Wednesday and should be finished ready to be picked up at the factory Tuesday 8/11 or 8/12. It's getting closer!!!

Old 08-02-2015, 08:07 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricRom View Post
And the wait begins!! We were debating between the 375 and an Eagle 345BHTS and after two weeks of debating with the wife we came to the conclusion if we were going to get a fifth wheel that the 375 would be a considerable upgrade and larger layout than our 314BDS which was basically the same layout as the 345 but in a fifth wheel.

We are towing with a 2014 Ford F-350 CCSB diesel so we choose a pullrite super glide hitch and will add airbags if needed. We have to sell my cap and put on a roll and lock tonneau cover.

We ordered it from Rhone's Travel Trailers in Cogen Station, PA which is a family owned dealer. I have bought many vehicles of all kinds over the years and I must say that Guy, my salesperson, has been one of the best sales people that I have ever done business with and I also spoke to the owner a few times and took time to answered all my questions as well. We might not have gotten the cheapest price out there but I felt I was a good deal. The 314 we bought at the cheapest place but everything else about the place including service was terrible.

Looking forward to see all the new upgrades to the 2016's
Courious.. When you order from Rhone's did they make you put 10% down? I've never dealt with them but They are close enough to consider. We have been looking to order a North Point 5th wheel. Problem I run into is the two dealers I talked to want 10% down and made it very clear its non-refundable. I have never had a dealer car/truck/RV ever ask for more than $500.00 and most agree if the unit has any issues on arrival it's completely refundable. I'm not comfortable giving a dealer 6-7k of my money to hold for 8-12 weeks and not have an option to refund it if the unit has any serious issues upon arrival. The reason we are having to order is no one stocks them with generator or generator prep.
Hoojs12840 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 11:13 AM   #29

Ericrom. I called Jayco directly this past Thursday. I spoke with the sales rep for the NY area. He pulled up my order and told me our 375BHFS is slated to come off line THIS Friday, August 7. Possibly Thursday. They then need to contact the transport company to haul it to NY. Strange that mine may be off line prior to yours. I ordered two weeks after you.
Old 08-02-2015, 03:50 PM   #30

I was originally going to give them $4000 down but ending up doing $3000. I understand why for an expensive fifth wheel because if you cancel that is a lot of money setting on there lot. Talk to Guy Snyder at Rhone's and I am sure they can work with you. Tell him Eric Romberger referred him to you.

Old 08-02-2015, 09:17 PM   #31

Great EricRom. I will give Guy a ring tomorrow. Make sure and let them know you steered me his way.

If we were putting money down or paying cash I might not worry so much, but our financing is 100% so any cash we put down just comes back and I'm not in the habit of letting anyone hold that kind of money for me.
Hoojs12840 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 09:28 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassic View Post
X2 what EricRom said.
I ordered a north point 341rlts and I'll be pushing the weight limit of my 2012 F350
DRW or SRW?
MOCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 08:07 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOCamper View Post
DRW or SRW?
Mine is a SRW.

Old 08-07-2015, 10:19 PM   #34

Well!!! It's apparently completed and is waiting for the transport company to hook up and haul it East! I'll have about a week or maybe a few days more to pack it up and head out to Lake George for a few nights!
Old 08-08-2015, 12:19 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhfire152 View Post
Well!!! It's apparently completed and is waiting for the transport company to hook up and haul it East! I'll have about a week or maybe a few days more to pack it up and head out to Lake George for a few nights!
How accurate was the offline date.
MOCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 07:59 PM   #36

Accurate by a day.
Old 08-10-2015, 05:25 PM   #37

My salesperson call again today and said our North Point Is off line and went through quality control and is now waiting for a driver to pick it up and take it to the dealer. My dealer told Jayco to mark it HOT to get first priority so it should hopefully be at the dealer by Wednesday and ready to pick it up Saturday!

Old 08-10-2015, 08:38 PM   #38

Good stuff! I had a very similar conversation with Jayco and the regional sales person when I spoke to them a few weeks ago. I'm still waiting on that call from the dealer saying that it's on their lot and to come and get it! Exciting stuff!!!
Old 08-11-2015, 11:33 PM   #39

So my dealer called today to report the new rig won't be expected at their lot now until the end of this week. He's hoping Friday. He said they need a few days to dealer prep it so we are scheduled for a tentative pickup date for Tuesday. One week away. I feel like a kid waiting for Santa to arrive!!!!

I am a little concerned about the Ground Control 3.0. There is another thread going on here regarding that electric leveling system and how horrible it is. Hopefully I get a good unit.
Old 12-15-2017, 01:21 AM   #40

Joke-co North Point

I have a 375bhfs North Point 2017. We've had nothing but issues since day one. Tankless water heater never heated (when called Jayco they just laughed at us), fantastic fan fried after 1st use, residential refrigerator fried, washer/dryer fried, inverter fried, carbon monoxide detector goes off nonstop and at all hours of the night. First campground we went to the bunkhouse slide stuck out and would not retract. The camper sat at the campground for over 4 months (paying a monthly lot rent) while Jayco "supposedly" tried to find someone to come fix it, but never did. We ended up pulling the slide trim off and taking the slide motors out so we could get the slide pushed in manually just enough to move it down the road.. 800 miles all the way home with slide still sticking out.
Bunkhouse TV bounced off mount while going down a smooth highway, busted TV. When it fell, it hit the slide trim and busted that.
Main bathroom floor is soft and creaks real bad, toilet don't hold water.
TV power button fell out during haul, both air units froze up. Whisper air unit in main area never cooled. Ceiling leaks water (pouring out, not dripping) from 2 vents and 2 speakers onto furniture and carpet. Carpet soaked up so much water we had to tear it out due to moisture issues. Mold grows everywhere, water runs down bunkhouse walls when raining outside. Recliner came busted.
Exterior wall is separated from interior with a 1 inch gap. Can see through from kitchen to bunkhouse. Jayco's fix for that is to just put a few screws into it from the exterior.
Metal side panel on rear slide came unbolted, caught wind and bent up.
The unit has been in the shop since the summer and it's now almost Christmas. The unit is nowhere near done.

I don't want this unit back. I'm afraid to pull it down the road. It's a dilapidated POS that's deteriorating fast! This is not what we ordered and paid for.

I don't know why we specialed ordered this Jayco 2017 North Point and waited months for it to come in when it was thrown together on a Friday afternoon.

My husband travels for work (which was the reason for purchase) from coast to coast. He knows a ton of other guys that have travel trailers and some that are going to purchase one. We've stopped several guys from purchasing from Jayco by letting them know our experience.

I've delt with Jayco on a weekly basis for a straight 9 months up until we finally were able to get it to a shop. I have call logs since day 1 to prove it. Jayco is not easy to deal with. They don't care if you have issues. All they want is a sale.

I'm extremely disappointed and dissatisfied with the company and this unit entirely!!! Never ever will we purchase from them again.

If you are thinking about buying a Jayco, I recommend that you take about $60k-$70k and flush it down the toilet. It will be a lot less headaches and complications.

Thank you

KCastle
KCastle is offline   Reply With Quote