Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-04-2018, 03:41 AM   #61

Big Country 77, Maybe next time start a new thread. Just thinking it may get lost fast since it's so old. The rear bunkhouse slide hasn't been a problem for me. It's been pretty silent on the 375 BHFS on this board as I personally haven't seen much. As far as problems, I've had my fair share, believe me. I still have a huge list and really don't want to get into to be honest. But what I've experienced in my opinion is basically a incompetent selling dealer and another authorized service shop. I think its pretty chronic in Florida, they move slower than molaysis in January. Mine was in twice for six months and basically nothing done. As far as Jayco, they have has been there every step of the way when I've called. Always trying to remedy the issue but you can't fix stupid over the phone. They have promised me they will take care of everything to my satisfaction. I drop my unit off next month so in the near future I can offer more. Hopefully Good.

2014 Ram Dually 6.7 Diesel
2016 North Point 375BHFS
shadester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 07:27 AM   #62

As far as the slides go, there can and will be issues with Scwinteck motors. You tube has several videos on how to repair them. The good is that the motors are easily replaced and have since been upgraded to sustain more road abuse with the wiring. A motor costs $125.00 currently and is replaced in 15 minutes.

I've owned mine since new from the factory and have enjoyed, but I too have had a few issues. At the time Jayco was not owned as it is currently, so my experiences might have been better. A good dealer is key in any brand of RV ownership and will be a huge asset. Mine went to bat for me several times and turned my unit around quickly on repairs.

When I looked at this unit, I was not locked in to Jayco, but at the time all the pluses outweighed the other brands.

Floor plan is a huge consideration, budget is another. Thor owns a lot of other brands as does Forest River. Components are all imported and part of the assembly. Take into consideration, construction materials, frame and tires.

I am always open to other brands when shopping and explore first the floor plans we like then we get in them, feel and examine from there. Jayco has won me over 2x's in a row. Who knows what will happen next go around. For now I am content.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 09:12 AM   #63

So here's my update;
Weather got really nice, snow is gone, heavy rains washed the salt off the roads and I called my selling dealer, Gillettes RV in East Lansing. I spoke with Theresa in service and asked if they would like to get a head start on mine if they weren't too busy. She said she would love to have it right now. So I pulled truck out of storage, hooked up to it and made the 105 mile trip over. I had 3 things that needed to be addressed and she had someone on it that day. I also wanted a price on having awning put on all 3 slides. 2 days later she got back with me,... My main awning material had stretched/shifted, so that got adjusted. The macerator was leaking out of the bottom so that is on order. They quoted me a SMOKING price on installing awnings on all my slides, so those are going on. The outdoor kitchen slideout,... yeah. Last October I was closing it up for the winter and that thing would not go in. It was everything I could muscle to get it in. I tried to see if it would come back out,... nope. Not having it. The dealer said they pushed the button and it came right out. No problem. They ran it in and out a half a dozen times and no issues. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I had it plugged into shore power, so I know it's not a weak battery. I called back and asked if they were doing the correct slide, since I have 5 of them. Yes, they are doing the correct one. Theresa assured me they are going to run it thru the paces while they wait for the macerstor to come in, which will be in a week, and see if they can get it to act up. She said if it acts up later down the road, they will take care of me. I finally found a dealer that is top shelf, gold star, A+. So far. I'm pretty anal about my stuff and it will be interesting to see how the installation of the slide awnings turns out. I'll report back on that later....
As far as why it's just the right rear slide that everyone is having issues with... best I can come up with is someone at the factory is not doing something right. It's not going to be an issue with the gear track. Those are made in long lengths and cut to size and used on all the other slides on these units and other brands. Motor issues, can't believe that either. They are going to use one size motor for all size slides and this slide is by far not the largest or the heaviest of the slides. The slide out itself needing to be rebuilt,... that's gotta be pretty messed up to need that. Possible motor ground issue, like a ground wire stripped out at the frame?? Wires will only flex so many times and maybe there's a spot where it's half broken and not enough voltage going thru it??
Eventually, someone will figure out what's causing this.
Lake Huron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 08:51 PM   #64

My ODK kitchen slide has gone on me 2X's. First was a sync issue at 3 months old. Pushing the over ride button will get it in or out if it jams up. Before pushing that button though you need to count the flashing red lights to see what the error code is. There are 8 codes to decipher and they are listed on the control units.

Under most cases a wire breaks at the motor and you need to replace it 3 to date. The new version of the motor has a new mount on the top that is hands down better than the old solder to a board type they had. What happens is the shaking down the road results in a friction break as the wire is maybe 28 AWG or less. I fixed the last failed motor and now it's my spare for pinch part.

Key is to not stop mid stream in or out and hold the button down for 3 seconds after completing the cycle. That is the deepest slide in out units and if it's out of sync a little it will bind for sure.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote