Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-02-2015, 08:28 PM   #1

Smile Ordering an Eagle 323LKTS

Planning on ordering an Eagle 323LKTS.

Any concerns out there that I should be made aware of on this unit?
Must have options?
Options to avoid?

Thanks in advance for your comments.
dalebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 09:09 AM   #2

The options may depend upon your camping style. If you're planning to boon dock more, then you might want to consider a solar prep (or full) package and larger water/holding tanks. If you're going to camp more at RV sites with full hook-ups, then interior comfort options may be worth considering. Also, if you are offered the option of getting a rear back-up camera installed, I would recommend it highly. Then, bigger wheels and tires upgrade option would be ideal too.
Queen Creek, Arizona
tularockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 05:17 AM   #3

We picked up our 323LKTS a few weeks ago. I agree that the options depend on your camping style, but that said, knowing we were going to be keeping this unit for several years we went with several upgrades: 2nd Awning; 12' Fridge; 2nd A/C in bedroom; Thermopane Windows; Maxxis tire upgrade.

We may not use the bedroom A/C much, but figured that for the price it was one of those "nice to have" options. Thermopane windows were based on recommendations from the great folks on JOF, and the Maxxis tire upgrade was for safety. I didn't have any problems with the Tow Max on our WH, but rather safe than sorry, especially since they were only slightly more expensive from the factory than it would have cost us to upgrade after the fact.

Overall we're thrilled with the 5er and can't wait to start using her in the spring.
robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 12:33 PM   #4

I have every option you guys have mentioned except for the Dual Pane Windows on my list. My dealer talked me out of them for the area that I'm in and the seasons temps along with the cost and added cost when needing a repair of them.

Thanks
Old 12-06-2015, 08:03 AM   #5

I purchased my 323LKTS in March. We love the floor plan and the room. A couple of recurring issues I have, however, that I wish someone had warned me about. The bedroom slide has two motors that retract the slide, both electric. On the motor nearest the front of the fifth wheel, it has a plug connection to the power line that looks similar to a computer USB connection. As the slide retracts in an out, that plug often comes apart, as the power line gets hung and pulls the power cord tight. I have been stranded twice with the slide out, and did not have power to retract it when we were heading home. A real problem on Sunday afternoon when you can't get a dealer who has service open, or a mobile repair service who works sundays. My dealer first taped the connection together, but it came loose even after that. Make sure the dealer checks this connection and the power line has enough slack to move in and out without this being a problem for you.
Secondly, the gas line for the refrigerator has also become kinked, after several uses, and you lose gas to the refrigerator. We got the two door fridge, as we have kids and grand kids that go with us. I don't know if it has the same issue with the smaller fridge.
Good luck!
Old 12-06-2015, 10:53 AM   #6

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalEagle View Post
I purchased my 323LKTS in March. We love the floor plan and the room. A couple of recurring issues I have, however, that I wish someone had warned me about. The bedroom slide has two motors that retract the slide, both electric. On the motor nearest the front of the fifth wheel, it has a plug connection to the power line that looks similar to a computer USB connection. As the slide retracts in an out, that plug often comes apart, as the power line gets hung and pulls the power cord tight. I have been stranded twice with the slide out, and did not have power to retract it when we were heading home. A real problem on Sunday afternoon when you can't get a dealer who has service open, or a mobile repair service who works sundays. My dealer first taped the connection together, but it came loose even after that. Make sure the dealer checks this connection and the power line has enough slack to move in and out without this being a problem for you.
Secondly, the gas line for the refrigerator has also become kinked, after several uses, and you lose gas to the refrigerator. We got the two door fridge, as we have kids and grand kids that go with us. I don't know if it has the same issue with the smaller fridge.
Good luck!
I placed my order yesterday! I talked with the salesperson specifically about how to get the bed slide back in without power. The salesperson said that the bedroom slide and the living room slide on the same side of the 5vr has 4 motors on each slide. one in each corner. The salesperson said the bedroom slide can be pushed in by hand but their was a motor disconnection procedure that needed to be done first. This is a subject that is on the top of my list for the tech to go through with me when we take delivery in the spring.
Old 12-06-2015, 02:54 PM   #7

To disconnect the motor to push in maunally, the trim on the outside of the slide has to be removed. It is not an easy, or simple, procedure. I will be taking mine back to the dealer for the 2nd time for this issue alone next week. It is crazy they can't design the power cord with enough slack to survive moving the slide in and out.
Old 12-07-2015, 07:48 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalebra View Post
Planning on ordering an Eagle 323LKTS.

Any concerns out there that I should be made aware of on this unit?
Must have options?
Options to avoid?

Thanks in advance for your comments.
dalebra

Two things I would ask for that are not on Jayco's option list are:

1. The Wet Bolt Upgrade Kit for the MORryde CRE3000 suspension system
(I would ask to have the grease zerks installed to the inside)

and

2. Flush kit on the Gray Tank.
Old 12-07-2015, 08:07 AM   #9

dalebra

One thing to look at when you get your trailer is how the 2 living area slides come in.
We have a similar floor plan, at least with regard to the L shape couch.
When our 2 living area slides are in, the floor of the dinette slide goes under the portion of the couch that overhangs the couch slide floor.

The problem that we've experienced is that when bringing in the dinette slide, its floor hits the end/side of the couch, which then pushes out the couch slide. This is caused by the portion of the couch that overhangs the couch slide floor not providing sufficient clearance for the dinette slide floor to go under it.

We took it to the dealership thinking one or both slides were out of alignment, but after the dealership checked both slides they said both slides were properly aligned.

So our work-around is:
1. Bring the couch slide in first.
2. Put boards under the couch to keep it from sagging down.
3. Then bring the dinette slide in.

Not sure if LegalEagle has experienced anything like this.
But it's an FYI for something you should look at when your trailer arrives.

Congratulations on your new trailer, bet you can't wait for it to come in.
Old 03-14-2016, 06:44 AM   #10

Still waiting to see our 323LKTS

It's been 14 weeks today! Supposedly came off the line 2/29.
You wouldn't think it would take more than 2 weeks to ship from Indiana to Minnesota would you?
Pull Rite SuperGlide #4100 Hitch w/Mor-Ryde Pin Box