Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-21-2015, 06:37 PM   #1

Ordering jayco fifth wheel

Hello from newbie
I thinking of ordering a new fifth wheel camper from RV ONE National Sales. Has any one used this online ordering process from this company? I emailed Jayco to confirm if they were an authorized dealer who could place orders. Jayco confirmed they are authorized dealership in NY with office in other states. I just wondering if anybody on this forum has purchased a camper through them and the end result.

Looking to order a 2016 Pinnacle 38FLSA.

Thanks.

Mike
caddie guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 06:38 AM   #2

Welcome. Many have done this on the forum with good results including myself for my first Jayco. That being said you can take your quote to a local dealer and see what they can do on the matching.

You will need service at some point during ownership and a good close dealer IMHO is worth gold and a little extra $ upfront. I got within $500.00 all in on my last deal and took it due to proximity and priority treatment received with buying from them.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 10:00 AM   #3

3'senough

Thanks for your welcome and insight to my question. Was a little concerned doing an internet purchase with all the scammers that roam the planet feeding of trustworthy people. Insuring to know that others have purchased this way with good success.
thanks again

Mike
Old 12-22-2015, 10:35 AM   #4
Site Team

Welcome to the forum. Also known as RVDirect, many have purchased from them. Here is a thread on the subject with links included to other threads as this has been discussed many times here.

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f1...git-29449.html
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 10:40 AM   #5
Site Team

I guess they have dropped the RVDirect name and are using RVONE now. When I try the RVDirect links they no longer work but this one does:

http://www.rvdirect.com/index.php
Old 12-22-2015, 10:41 AM   #6

My sister in law bought her camper from them last Year. They were very happy with them and had no complaints...
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 12:31 PM   #7

One other point of note with RVone is that you must fund the loan prior to receiving your unit. Once there is a release date you are paying from that date and prior to PDI. That is one reason they work closer on pricing since they are not financing your unit from the factory, so no money costs for them on custom ordered units.

6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
Old 12-22-2015, 12:41 PM   #8

Welcome!
robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 12:55 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3'senough View Post
One other point of note with RVone is that you must fund the loan prior to receiving your unit. Once there is a release date you are paying from that date and prior to PDI. That is one reason they work closer on pricing since they are not financing your unit from the factory, so no money costs for them on custom ordered units.
Really, not sure I would agree to that.

What if you are a cash buyer, you have to give them your cash prior to receiving an RV?

How does one close a loan if the collateral that secures the loan isn't available yet?

I had never heard of this requirement. I would seriously have to be getting an exceptional deal if that is the case.
2012 Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 04:11 PM   #10

Thanks members
This insight puts my mind at ease knowing that RV ONE is a legit operation. I'm working with Jeff also who seems like a serious professional, not someone driven by commission/sales Waiting to hear from finance concerning rate%, if all sounds good I'll pull trigger and order my 2016 Pinnacle 38FLSA w/full body paint and a lot of options.

Anybody have any issues or concerns with their full body paint?

thanks

v/r

Mike
Old 12-23-2015, 06:18 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by clubhouse View Post
Really, not sure I would agree to that.

What if you are a cash buyer, you have to give them your cash prior to receiving an RV?

How does one close a loan if the collateral that secures the loan isn't available yet?

I had never heard of this requirement. I would seriously have to be getting an exceptional deal if that is the case.
Here is how it was when I bought my unit in 2010.

Step 4: Within a few days production may be complete. Then the RV goes to final finish or “quality control” as some manufactures call it. This is where all of the functionalities of the unit are checked, including leak tests, fit and finish, etc. Most units remain in “quality” for 3 - 5 days as long as there are no “shortages”. A shortage can be anything from a missing sink cover to a delayed appliance. The unit will not be released to us with shortages. In order to facilitate a seemless transfer of your unit, the final payment must be made by the time the unit is released. We strongly encourage you to take advantage of our financing plans, making final payment very quick and easy. The process is rather simple and best of all, the interest is tax deductible.

Whether cash or financing you must pay in full.

6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
Old 12-23-2015, 07:01 AM   #12
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3'senough View Post

Here is how it was when I bought my unit in 2010.

Step 4: Within a few days production may be complete. Then the RV goes to final finish or “quality control” as some manufactures call it. This is where all of the functionalities of the unit are checked, including leak tests, fit and finish, etc. Most units remain in “quality” for 3 - 5 days as long as there are no “shortages”. A shortage can be anything from a missing sink cover to a delayed appliance. The unit will not be released to us with shortages. In order to facilitate a seemless transfer of your unit, the final payment must be made by the time the unit is released. We strongly encourage you to take advantage of our financing plans, making final payment very quick and easy. The process is rather simple and best of all, the interest is tax deductible.

Whether cash or financing you must pay in full.

Yep, that`s the way it works. I put 10% down when ordering then they want the unit financed and insured before you pick it up. I`m not sure I would go that route again, I was lucky and had a unit that had no issues on delivery. But if there were any major problems found on inspection you have already paid for the trailer and its already titled to you so it could get unpleasant from there.
Old 12-23-2015, 07:02 AM   #13

RVDirect in Des Moines even required full payment 5 days before the PDI could be scheduled.

2015 Ford F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 CC DRW
2015 Eagle Premier 351RSTS

Quahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 08:13 AM   #14

I have had the same experience with the RV One here in Tampa. They require the until to be paid before they let you take delivery, which is causing some major heartburn with me. We are scheduled to take delivery of a Eagle HT 27.5RLTS on Jan 2, but we were required to sign all deal paperwork last Saturday when we secured the financing. This is not normal, and I feel that it leaves us vulnerable because they essentially transfer the title to your name before you accept delivery which means that if something isn't kosher, you're stuck. I also do not like their terms on the sales contract about the trade, and if it isn't in the condition that they expect when they receive it, they can renegotiate, and because the title is transferred there is nothing that you can do. Don't get me wrong, they have been very easy to deal with, and they made us an exceptional deal, but I have the sone concerns about funding before delivery.
nd12811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 08:24 AM   #15

We ordered our 2016 Pinnacle 36 REQS from them. Only required a small deposit. They called when it came in and I drove up to take a quick look. I do my PDI on the 28th when we pick it up. I give them the remainder of my deposit at that time. I ordered mine loaded with full body paint, genny, etc. List was $111,000 and I got it for 69,000. I think the wait was worth it for that kind of savings.
Spanky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 08:49 AM   #16

There are numerous posts on the WEB about what was RVDirect and is now RVOne. Rumor has it they changed the name because of all the negative comments out there about RVDirect. IMO they are not your normal Jayco dealer. The positive posts are from people that had their RV delivered from the factory that had no issues. However, their are always some points of issue that need to be addressed. By closing the deal prior to a PDI you have no recourse except to live with what they will address. Would you close the deal on a new car or a new home without being able to inspect it first? This was the major reason I went local. The deal doesn't close until the customer is completely satisfied. Sounds like Spanky1 had an exception to RVOne's rule about payment first.
dalebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 10:16 AM   #17

When I was pricing out my NorthPoint a dealer in Ohio beat RvOne by almost 7k without knowing what RvOnes price was.
I don't think RvOne is the best out there.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 11:05 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky1 View Post
We ordered our 2016 Pinnacle 36 REQS from them. Only required a small deposit. They called when it came in and I drove up to take a quick look. I do my PDI on the 28th when we pick it up. I give them the remainder of my deposit at that time. I ordered mine loaded with full body paint, genny, etc. List was $111,000 and I got it for 69,000. I think the wait was worth it for that kind of savings.
Wow, that's a smoking deal. It really sucks living on the west coast. I have no wholesale dealers anywhere near. I'd have to drive 2500 miles to get near a wholesaler. Not that I wouldn't, but reading about the terms of sale I'm somewhat hesitant. Like mentioned what "IF". Hate to pay up front and have a nasty issue that needs attention and be on the other side of the country needing to head home. Or for that matter if the unit isn't exactly like I ordered or they changed some equipment. After all it clearly states in the brochures that they have the right to change materials.
goducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 12:48 PM   #19

This is great information regarding the process with RVOne (aka RV Direct). With what I have head now, there is absolutely no way I would purchase for them if I had to make complete payment prior to seeing the unit.

Although I have had two trouble free Jaycos, it seems the frequency of new RVs having major issues on a new u it is a real problem for the industry as a whole.
2012 Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 03:48 PM   #20

I would suggest that you contact RVOne, whatever, directly to see what the purchase and payment options are rather than taking what we here on Jayco Owners say as the gospel. It may be that different people had different situations making it necessary for full payment prior to pick-up and some did not. Only way to be sure is to talk to them and get the full scoop. I used on-line to price the FW I felt that I wanted and, finally, got a price that I was willing to pay only to get a call from my closest dealer who made an offer that was about $2,000 more than the RV Direct price, but I didn't have to travel 1,200 or so miles each way to pick up the FW, expending cash for rooms, fuel and food on the way. I felt the $2,000 difference was about right since I didn't have to go pick it up.
2013 Polaris Sportsman 550 EXP
2008 Polaris Sportsman 700 X2
jal0710 is offline   Reply With Quote