Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-03-2014, 09:32 AM   #1

Our 2015 Jayco Eagle Touring Edition is at home- FINALLY!

Ladies and Gentlemen,
After almost 3 months of wait time, yesterday we took delivery of our Brand Spanking new FACTORY FRESH 2015 Jayco Eagle Touring Edition 28.5BHDS. We are naming her ‘Oasis PK’.

PDI was conducted and we drove our new 5’er home with the Toyota Tundra. Yes! The Toyota Tundra CrewMax. After 5 months of research, constant battle between RV net folks and unending consultation with other Toyota Tundra 5’er owners, , I am way more than pleased to say that the Tundra performance is FLAWLESS on this Jayco Eagle Touring. Coming from a Travel Trailer owner, I am left speechless asking myself ‘what was I waiting for’. IT PULLS LIKE A DREAM. Anyway, I will provide a more detailed review for this particular Tow Vehicle here shortly. It definitely deserves a thread of its own.

Now back to ‘Oasis PK’. When we placed our order (1st week of January), we requested every single available option;
- Customer Value Package with upgraded 15.0K BTU Central A/C
- 2nd A/C in Bedroom (13.5k BTU)
- Main Door Keyless Entry
- MOR/Ryde Pin Box
- Thermal Pane (Dual) Tinted Safety Glass Windows
- Folding Bike/ Storage Rack

Besides all these options, to our surprise, ‘Oasis PK’ came with some serious upgrades. The New Flooring is awesome. Real Backsplash instead of wall paper on kitchen counter tops. Two skylights. Fancy window treatment. Thermal Pane windows are Frameless. A rear hitch was installed in lieu of the Folding Bike/ Storage Rack. The original standard ‘Snowy Mountainous’ Jayco Eagle front cap logo has now been replaced with a bare ‘Jayco’ logo. Nonetheless, the color scheme in the whole trailer is just amazing.

‘Oasis PK’ is exactly what we wished for in every way possible. We are looking forward to lots of camping this summer.

I apologize for the 1 Million pictures below.

TOYOTA TUNDRA 5.7L V8- CrewMax W/tow Package
|TRD Offroad- Bilstein Shocks, PullRite SuperGlide Hitch, Timbrens SES, Tekonsha P3 Controller, BFG A/T Load Range E Tires, RollBak Tonneau Cover|
PKEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 09:33 AM   #2

|TRD Offroad- Bilstein Shocks, PullRite SuperGlide Hitch, Timbrens SES, Tekonsha P3 Controller, BFG A/T Load Range E Tires, RollBak Tonneau Cover|
Old 04-03-2014, 09:34 AM   #3

Old 04-03-2014, 09:34 AM   #4

Old 04-03-2014, 09:35 AM   #5

Old 04-03-2014, 09:35 AM   #6

Old 04-03-2014, 09:36 AM   #7

Old 04-03-2014, 09:37 AM   #8

Old 04-03-2014, 09:38 AM   #9

Old 04-03-2014, 01:22 PM   #10

Congrats I'm sure you will enjoy her. Nice unit!
Old 04-03-2014, 01:29 PM   #11
Site Team

Very nice!
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 01:43 PM   #12

Good looking rig and no apologies needed for the pictures - we're all kinda picture book motivated. Let me know if you're gonna post on the other site - always entertaining reading input from the bigger is minimum bunch :-)
2017 RZR for the rainy days n muddy roads
Stingray75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 02:24 PM   #13

Nice. Do you not have clearance issues with the small box and the regular pin box? I had to go with the sidewinder for mine
2006 Ford F150 5.4, (SOLD Oct 2014)
2014 Jayco Jayflight 26BH (SOLD Feb 2014)
carey965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 07:18 AM   #14

The lines on your parking pad! I'm so stealing that. That's much better than my 4th block to the right on the retaining wall method.
Beautiful 5er!

Why doesn't Jayco do a lighter color on the front caps to help with heat in the summer?
2x Honda 2K
NewBlackDak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 08:24 AM   #15

Congratulations on getting everything you wanted and more! Great pics! Looks like you're going to enjoy many happy camping seasons for years to come.
Old 04-04-2014, 09:11 AM   #16

Thanks for the pictures!
My new 2015 28.5 BHDS is due in a couple of days and I have not been able to see any pics of the interior, etc. Hope my interior is the same as yours.
Enjoy!
BRECKSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 10:58 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray75 View Post
Good looking rig and no apologies needed for the pictures - we're all kinda picture book motivated. Let me know if you're gonna post on the other site - always entertaining reading input from the bigger is minimum bunch :-)
Thanks for the compliment. And nope, I'm good. I am at no liberty to convince anyone that my set up is working for me. Those RV-Net guys can be a real pain, if you know what I mean.

Old 04-04-2014, 11:00 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey965 View Post
Nice. Do you not have clearance issues with the small box and the regular pin box? I had to go with the sidewinder for mine
Absolutely NOT! I took a really good close up picture showing the clearance I have with the truck bed rail. I have a minimum of about 9 inches. Works perfectly good even when backing over bumps.

Old 04-04-2014, 11:06 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBlackDak View Post
The lines on your parking pad! I'm so stealing that. That's much better than my 4th block to the right on the retaining wall method.
Beautiful 5er!

Why doesn't Jayco do a lighter color on the front caps to help with heat in the summer?
Thank you. I have a little confession to make. When it comes to backing in a trailer, I am not too savvy for the task. It usually requires me about 2-3 attempts to completely align the trailer the way it should be. That’s why I introduced the pavement marking tape on my pad. Extremely durable, aluminum foil self adhesive product. They are light-reflective at night and with the tape, I only back in once.

Also, you’ll realize that my pad is extra long. I did this on purpose just in case I need to hook up my TV let’s say a night in advance. This way, I can simply leave it hooked up to the trailer, close the pad entrance gate until the next day when I am about to take off. It also works great when I have to pull into the pad and I don’t have enough time to unhook everything. I can leave the TV unattended to for as long as I need before I park it into the house garage.

Old 04-04-2014, 05:23 PM   #20

I was more wondering about when you take a sharp corner if you have any clearance issues with the back window of the truck
2006 Ford F150 5.4, (SOLD Oct 2014)
2014 Jayco Jayflight 26BH (SOLD Feb 2014)
carey965 is offline   Reply With Quote