Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-10-2020, 06:22 AM   #1

Outdoor kitchen modification

Hello Folks,
Was hoping to get some ideas on replacing the grill. 2018 30.5 MLOK Eagle HT.
Thanks in advance.
Mike Conn
Grapeview, Washington
Mike6179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 07:44 AM   #2

When we had our Challenger I replaced the factory supplied Aussie grill with a Weber Q2000. Cost about 15.00 in parts to convert it to use the on board LP connection.

A lot of folks;ks now seem to be. going with the Blackstone Griddles and getting the adapter to use the on board LP. I am thinking about getting a Blackstone to complement and not replace the Weber.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk TOAD
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 05:53 PM   #3

We took factory grill out and bought second drawer. We too use blackstone griddle but use spare LP tank in that free door rather than adapter. Allow me to put griddle where i want and not risk someone trip on gas line and damage it.
DBuley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 08:25 AM   #4

We have a 317RLOK I think the outside kitchen grill is a similar setup, I took it out and built a drawer for that space. 100x more useful than the grill was.
bender88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 08:48 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBuley View Post
We took factory grill out and bought second drawer. We too use blackstone griddle but use spare LP tank in that free door rather than adapter. Allow me to put griddle where i want and not risk someone trip on gas line and damage it.
I guess it is a matter of preference. I use the on board LP through the quick connect and I have 2 hoses so I can position the grill anywhere within 20 feet of the coach. We it is not used the hose gets disconnected and rolled up so I don't trip over it. This way I don't have to worry about running out of LP in the middle of a cook while I am enjoying a beverage and I don't have to worry about storing portable LP bottles.

The other reason I use the hose and on-board LP is to get the grill away from the side of the coach. I don't have any issues with high heat or grease splatter on any surfaces of the coach.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk TOAD
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 09:35 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
I guess it is a matter of preference. I use the on board LP through the quick connect and I have 2 hoses so I can position the grill anywhere within 20 feet of the coach. We it is not used the hose gets disconnected and rolled up so I don't trip over it. This way I don't have to worry about running out of LP in the middle of a cook while I am enjoying a beverage and I don't have to worry about storing portable LP bottles.
x2
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 07:39 PM   #7

I've been thinking about removing our also. I'll never use it and the drawer idea there would be well used.
Old 05-11-2020, 08:10 PM   #8

Dometic stove top swap for grill

We bought a Dometic 2 burner cook top to replace that garbage grill they put there. We had to remove the regulator that came on the stove top. But other then that, a pretty simple swap out.

Dometic 50216 RV 2-Burner Propane Cooktop - Boat and RV Accessories
https://www.boatandrvaccessories.com/products/dometic-50216-rv-2-burner-propane-cooktop
HerHappyPlace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 10:02 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bender88 View Post
We have a 317RLOK I think the outside kitchen grill is a similar setup, I took it out and built a drawer for that space. 100x more useful than the grill was.
I have the same unit and did the same thing with the grill you did. The 317RLOK we looked at at the dealer(a 2016 I believe) had the 2 burner set up that we liked. We special ordered ours(came in a 2018) and it had the grill which to us was useless. Was going to replace it with a 2 burner unit, but it turned out to be to high for my wife to use so I took it out and built a drawer for it that turned out to come in handy.
camjam is offline   Reply With Quote