Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-18-2017, 03:30 PM   #1

Outrigger/schwintek slide issues?

As many know, some of the early build 377s had flimsy outriggers that bend causing issues with the kitchen slide. Especially for those with the residential refrigerator. My unit had the "updated" outrigger design. I don't see any evidence of my outriggers bending but I am having issues with my slide. It strains to extend or retract and it moves very slow. Additionally I noticed two spots on the slide seal under the slide have rips from the rollers.

Anyone else with the newer outriggers have any slide issues?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 04:17 PM   #2

I can tell you that mine is really slow, even more so when going in. I did have 2 of the outriggers bending, which were replaced with the beefer reinforcements. I haven't noticed any rips from the rollers, but I'll keep an eye on it.
Old 04-18-2017, 04:25 PM   #3

Have you tried with no auto leveling?
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 04:27 PM   #4

I know the 377 has the bunk room after the kitchen slide.
Did you check the supports in between the two slides?
Old 04-18-2017, 04:30 PM   #5

I have not tried opening the slide before leveling. I did check all the outriggers and they are all ok.

Old 04-18-2017, 04:35 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassic View Post
Have you tried with no auto leveling?
I've done mine both ways, and it's still slow. My dealer even replaced the motors at my request under warranty. It's still slow...I just figure it's going to be "normal" for my unit. But I don't have any of the ripping that Tom is having.
Old 04-18-2017, 05:04 PM   #7

Mine is not a 377, but the big slide with residential refrigerator is awfully slow opening and closing.
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 07:13 PM   #8

About a month ago my kitchen slide was making an awful noise the last 6" inches while retracting and the last 6" inches while extending. So I decided to do a little troubleshooting....

I stopped my kitchen slide while letting it in and the gap on one side appears to be 1" shorter (or longer depending on the side) when measuring the two ends from the slide to the trailer wall. I also noticed one of the bottom rails was bowed when the slide was extended and the opposite top rail was bowed when the slide was retracted. I was concerned the slide was twisted a bit and needed to be reset or recalibrated. That happened to the bunk house slide and the dealer reset it while I was there once. I even went as far as to unhook one motor from the control box and hit the slide button to even up the two sides. But as soon as i reconnected the motor and operated the slide it went back to the way it was (1" off on one side).

So I called Lippart two different times and talked to two different people and got the same answer. They said the rails were made to bow and as long as the slide completely opened and completely closed a little twist and bow does not hurt anything.... So my slide does completely close and open so I guess I don't need to worry....

The slide out control box I have is the auto programming one so there is nothing to reset or recalibrate. They said to make sure you hold the extend button about a 1-2 seconds after it fully extracts or retracts and that is all you have to do to make sure the stop limits are set correctly.

So I guess I will have to live with my slow, noisy, kitchen slide that twists a little... At least for now.

2012 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie DRW - High Output 6.7L Cummins, Max Tow, FireStone Airbags, 60 Gallon Titan XXL fuel tank, Fully Deleted
2017 Jayco North Point 377rlbh with Kaut NV 2.0 bike rack
jasonmiddlebrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 07:41 PM   #9

The big slide on my unit has been slow out and in since day 1. Those little motors sound like their on their last leg. And it doesn't have the residential. It has the run of the mill double door rv fridge. My dealer adjusted (or attempted to adjust) the slide to no avail. Every time I push the button, I just hope the motors will last one more cycle. Been thinking seriously about ordering a few extra motors just to have on hand for when the others fail. Then again, warranty is about up on it so it might be time for it to go.

I'd inspect the rollers under your slide. They may be seized or broken causing the seal to tear.

2020 Ram Longhorn 6.7 Cummins Aisin CC DRW
2015 Eagle Premier 371FLFS
JaycoAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 08:13 PM   #10

I've told my dealer I want to have this checked out when I take the trailer in next week for my brake issues. Hopefully they'll get it working right

Old 04-19-2017, 05:49 AM   #11

Magnolia Tom

Check out my posting under Thanks to Fingerlakes.

My second back roller bracket is rubbing and ripping the floor material. Go under neath and pull the seal down and u can see the rollers. Looks like mine bent the bolt and the roller dropped down on one side and now slightly rubs. Slide must be removed to fix as per Jayco. Just sprayed the gibs with CrC power lube and all rollers and the material they rub along with CRC dry lube with teflon. Seems to help the movement some (sounds less scarier) less moaning and groaning.
Rock
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 06:10 AM   #12

Thanks Rock

Old 04-19-2017, 09:52 AM   #13

Just be thankful yours goes out and comes back in, even if it makes a lot of noise. Mine will bind up and won't go out or come in at times. Have had it adjusted and retimed many times. What is the appeal for manufactures to continue to use Schwintek slides? I have had many different units with different slides and the Schwintek system has been the most troublesome. I am still under warranty, but what happens after that ends and the problems continue?

Dave
Ultratravler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 12:45 PM   #14

Outrigger

We have a 16 Eagle RSTS are you hearing of any support issues on that camper kicthen slide?There are a couple decent Schwinteck u tube videos on how to lubricate the nylon rollers top and bottom each side.They want us to use CRC Power Lube with /PTFE. My slide still moves in an out slow. Happy Trails
Attached Thumbnails
OKK.jpg  
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 10:22 PM   #15

Jayco had to replace and add outboard supports to correct 1 1/2" droop in floor on our 2016 321RSTS. Also added 3-4 more rollers under slide. This corrected slide side to side crabbing and issues so far (sept 2016 repair at factory service center). I still use dry lube in slides every periodically. Check to make sure there is no outboard floor droop at stove.
Rsoccfan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 06:05 AM   #16

Rsoccfan01
Did u take it to the service center on your dime and how long did they have it?
Rock
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Old 04-20-2017, 11:55 AM   #17

Outboard Supports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsoccfan01 View Post
Jayco had to replace and add outboard supports to correct 1 1/2" droop in floor on our 2016 321RSTS. Also added 3-4 more rollers under slide. This corrected slide side to side crabbing and issues so far (sept 2016 repair at factory service center). I still use dry lube in slides every periodically. Check to make sure there is no outboard floor droop at stove.
Hi we have same camper we attached 1 photos of the underside of kitchen slide.I can only see what appears to be a roll mark.Do I need to look further?Going in for a roof replacement,also the Denver pillow top from Lippert, and a bunch of other stuff! Thanks appreciate feedback.
Attached Thumbnails
Roller 3.jpg  
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 03:07 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreinv View Post
Hi we have same camper we attached 1 photos of the underside of kitchen slide.I can only see what appears to be a roll mark.Do I need to look further?Going in for a roof replacement,also the Denver pillow top from Lippert, and a bunch of other stuff! Thanks appreciate feedback.
That's exactly what mine look like, except I have 7 of them
Old 04-20-2017, 03:38 PM   #19

Klassic
U have seven and I have six and even though different models same slide set up. I have three that look like that the other three u can barely see a wear mark. My worse one is the one with the roller bracket rubbing. Ya u would think they would add more rollers and use a non wood floor. I have seen some real nice composit floors on other brands. The money saved going cheap is spent on the two year warranty. U can see real good in his pic what I posted before about the dent in the floor fully closed. That is this heavy slide bouncing on the rollers driving and I bet how mine bent
Rock
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Old 04-20-2017, 11:36 PM   #20

Hi Rock, it was under warranty and a known problem. They had it for 3 days on the slide repair including certified welder from Lippert on new supports. They still needed another day to finish all repairs after we returned and went through list. Our dealer helped push Jayco customer service to get repair done less then 90 days after initial problem diagnosed.
Rsoccfan01 is offline   Reply With Quote