Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-21-2020, 05:33 PM   #1

Oven / Range on new Pinnacles

Hey Gang
With our 2019 Pinnacle in the shop for repair here in Ft Worth, we popped into the sales lot of the dealer to check out the new 2020's. We noticed what looked like a "real" range/ oven. Going to the Jayco web site I found the reference to...

"Insignia 24 in. range with 12,000 BTU burner and 3.73 cu. ft. oven"

So is this any good? Our model has the three burner top with anemic burners that struggle to boil water and an oven that cannot hold a constant or accurate oven temperature. And there is no broiler.

We'll go back to the dealer and ask more questions, but we are wondering what new owners think. Can you bake accurately, for example? Broil?

We were thinking of getting Emeril LaGasse's new gadget air-fryer/ broiler/ oven, etc and using it on the counter when needed like we do the crock-pot, etc. But we would consider upgrading to the newer unit used in the 2020's if possible and if it is well received.

Thanks if you can comment.
Angus
2019 F350 DRW Lariat CC Long Bed Diesel "Sheila"
3 Chihuahuas and 4 cats
We don't camp, we don't glamp, we LIVE.
Joan617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 06:21 PM   #2

I bet they would be willing to sell you a new Pinnacle with that stove in it.
Demco 18K Autoslide Hitch and Timbrens
2019 Ford F350 SB 6.7L Diesel (Gone)
Radar57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 06:29 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar57 View Post
I bet they would be willing to sell you a new Pinnacle with that stove in it.

HAH! Love it. I'll bring my checkbook. But I'll bet he Emeril LaGasse oven at $200 might do just fine.
3 Chihuahuas and 4 cats
Old 07-21-2020, 07:27 PM   #4

We have the Insignia oven but only used it once on our last trip. It was hot and adding the extra heat of an oven was not desirable. We used it to bake a frozen pizza and it did well at 425 degrees. It did put off a new odor which we hope will go away with more use. The wife baked some cookies but used the convection feature of the microwave. We have a month long trip to the mountains of Colorado in September and the wife says she is going to give it a workout then.
F350guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 07:44 AM   #5

Thanks Jim, we'll keep looking into it. In our old house we had a commercial grade Jenn-Air dual fuel and really used it. Yeah the convection / microwave oven is really nice - better than we would have thought for an RV. We just miss a broiler.

Good luck on the September trip. We are headed for Colorado after getting fixed up here in TX.
Angus
3 Chihuahuas and 4 cats
Old 07-22-2020, 09:39 AM   #6

When we started looking in January the oven caught the wife's attention right away. Only the Pinnacle and Redwoods had them at the Tulsa show. We shopped different brands as much as we could with the virus until May. We found some 2020 Pinnacle's didn't have the Insignia oven. A dealer told us that only the ones made after September of last year would have them. Ours was made in February. We didn't buy if for the oven alone but that certainly was a factor for the wife.

They always change something to make you want to get the current model. That's how they stay in business. Out of curiosity I looked at some new 2021 models just coming to some dealers. One of the things the wife liked about the Redwood and the Vilano was the painted cabinets. The North Points had them but not the 2020 Pinnacles. Guess what, the 2021 Pinnacles now have painted cabinets, I guess as an option. I showed it to the wife and she said we should have waited. I said no we shouldn't have. We bought the Pinnacle for a number of reasons and the color of the cabinets doesn't have a thing to do with functionality. I won't look again. We used our last fifth wheel hard for 8 years and hope to do the same with this one.

Good luck to you also on your Colorado trip. We spend a month every year in Estes Park. We have some friends who live there and we love to hike in Rocky Mountain NP. Sure hope this virus doesn't mess things up any more than they already are. We are not youngsters and are being as careful as we can.
Old 07-23-2020, 11:57 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by F350guy View Post
When we started looking in January the oven caught the wife's attention right away. Only the Pinnacle and Redwoods had them at the Tulsa show. We shopped different brands as much as we could with the virus until May. We found some 2020 Pinnacle's didn't have the Insignia oven. A dealer told us that only the ones made after September of last year would have them. Ours was made in February. We didn't buy if for the oven alone but that certainly was a factor for the wife.

They always change something to make you want to get the current model. That's how they stay in business. Out of curiosity I looked at some new 2021 models just coming to some dealers. One of the things the wife liked about the Redwood and the Vilano was the painted cabinets. The North Points had them but not the 2020 Pinnacles. Guess what, the 2021 Pinnacles now have painted cabinets, I guess as an option. I showed it to the wife and she said we should have waited. I said no we shouldn't have. We bought the Pinnacle for a number of reasons and the color of the cabinets doesn't have a thing to do with functionality. I won't look again. We used our last fifth wheel hard for 8 years and hope to do the same with this one.

Good luck to you also on your Colorado trip. We spend a month every year in Estes Park. We have some friends who live there and we love to hike in Rocky Mountain NP. Sure hope this virus doesn't mess things up any more than they already are. We are not youngsters and are being as careful as we can.

Hey F350guy, how do you like towing your Pinnacle, man I show would like to have one?
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 05:50 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big1 View Post
Hey F350guy, how do you like towing your Pinnacle, man I show would like to have one?
This is fifth wheel number 6 for us over the past 40 years. It is the smoothest towing and riding we have had. With all the different trucks and fifth wheels we've had in the past there seemed to be something that I would have to try and correct. Our last one had a rear kitchen and I think it was too heavy in the rear which caused some bucking which we could feel in the truck. I cured most of it with a Trailer Saver air ride hitch.

No issues whatsoever with the Pinnacle. It seems to be very well balanced and any bumps are not jarring and it smooths out very quickly. I do wish it had disc brakes and that may happen someday. So far we couldn't be happier.