Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-08-2020, 04:06 PM   #1

PDI Checklist

Is there a PDI checklist on the site? I searched and did not find any.

If there was a standard PDI checklist that would help folks with their Fifth Wheel, what items would you put on the list?

I'll consolidate the list at the end and post it on the site.

Many thanks!
jpak2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 05:34 PM   #2

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ted-36094.html
Old 01-08-2020, 05:47 PM   #3

We cannot tell you enough to check everything. Don't believe anyone that said they checked it. They lie to get you out. Hook up all; hoses, drains, electric. Spend the night in it. Take a shower. Our faucet went front cold to hot moving the handle 1 mm. Make sure the fridge switches automatically. Bring a DVD and check running at least and hour. Filled fresh water tank and take a shower on the pump. Run all gas appliances. Bring your own checklist.
Thomson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 07:12 AM   #4

Awesome, thanks!
jpak2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 08:00 AM   #5

Demand (politely) for a copy of their prep sheet. It's a requirement that Jayco get and of course you paid for it.

E-9 Anchor Clanker
Full timers since 2010
2017 North Point 381 DLQS
2015 F-250 6.7 w/Timbrens
DonaandDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 08:32 AM   #6

And, id possible... Check stuff on the roof as well!

2012 Ford Expedition EL
2016 28BHBE, Elite and Thermal Packages.
Equal-i-zer 4-point Sway Control, Southwire 34930 Surge Guard 30A, Tire Minder TPMS A1A
(2) Yamaha EF2000iS Generators, Micro-Air EasyStart™ 364 (3-ton) Soft Start, Garmin RV 890, GoodYear Endurance ST225/75-15 Load Range E
RAurand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 01:56 PM   #7

Get under the unit and check it out. I didn't do this during the PDI but about a week after taking possession. Our unit was a new 2017 24.5 CKTS purchased in June of 2018 so it had been on the dealer's lot for a while. I found:
- holes and long slits in the underbelly fabric
- places where the underbelly fabric did not meet the frame rails
- evidence of plain lousy frame welding
- more rust on the frame rails than existed on my 2006 F150 (that had been winter driven in Canada).
The dealer was very supportive in pursuing with Jayco. Between the dealer, Jayco and Lippert Components Inc. (the frame manufacturer) it took about 3 months for a decision to be made - which was to ship the unit back to LCI for rust removal, weld repairs and 6 coats of paint on the frame - according to the LCi work order - 40 hours labor and then return it to the dealer and supply the dealer with the material to repair the underbelly.

There have been other minor problems that have either been addressed by the dealer or I have done the repair - dealer replaced the stereo system and the back up camera - reinstalled the trim molding where the wall meets the ceiling on the passenger side of he unit. I discovered that the factory had used a pin nailer to nail the trim to the ceiling but no attachment to the wall so bouncing the unit down the highway caused the trim to come loose and fall - I used my own pin nailer and attached both ways - ceiling and wall - plus going through the rest of the unit and making pinning to the wall - found several locations where trim had started to pull away from ceiling but had yet to fall.

Other major concern that is worth asking about during PDI is weather or not known siphoning problem with the freshwater holding tank has been addressed. On 2 occasions when we reached out campsite we discovered that the fresh water holding tank that was full when we left home was less than 1/3 full when we arrived. There is a known problem withe the way the overflow hose in the fresh water tank is installed and routed - essentially - the fresh water sloshing around in the tank when you are on the road was enough to send water out the overflow hose and set up a siphon that dumped most of the fresh water onto the highway.

IS RV OWNERSHIP FUN YET????
OTTERCOMET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 10:31 PM   #8

PDI Check list

The PDI Check list is great thanks for sharing.
Pete & Repete is offline   Reply With Quote