Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-20-2017, 10:08 PM   #1

PDI On New 2016 North Point 361REQS

After a month of letting some of our beautiful eastern Washington snow melt, we finally did our PDI and took our North Point 361REQS home from the dealer. I have been reading up on some other issues new owners have been having, so my expectation management temperament was in check. We used the checklist off the Jayco Forum website, and that assisted with the PDI. Some issues we discovered during the PDI and now at home are as follow;

1. Some varnish touchups throughout the coach. (really not that bad)
2. Touchpad remote for the slides, awnings, etc. needs replaced (bad touch pad).
3. Table top is splitting (will be replaced).
4. Some ceiling to wall molding needs to be re-secured. (seam has dropped)
5. Missing a piece of trim behind the dinette table.
6. Cap on bottom of awning missing.
7. Furrion 50A male connection threads pre-stripped (collar on cord good)

All and all no show stoppers. The only one that is a little irritating is the pre-stripped threads on the male 50A connection. In 90 days, after we get the coach out a couple times, we have an appointment to bring it into our dealer and fix these issues. Up front I'm going give 4 of 5 stars to the dealer (not five because of the stripped threads) so far. I like the fact we have the 90 days to try and get all the factory issues identified so they can get repaired (these coaches are built by humans, who make mistakes).

As for my Anderson Ultimate 5th Wheel Hitch, it worked great, no issues. The load felt better than when I had my Lance camper on the back. I even got 15.9 MPG on the lie-o-meter on the 2013 3500HD Duramax (let see how long that lasts).

I will keep everyone posted on any additional issues and how the repairs go. Take care.

Old 02-21-2017, 03:43 PM   #2

*Update*

Learned a few things today;

1. Don't have your front landing jacks to far down (about 8 holes on mine is perfect). Every time I would auto level the trailer I would have an error on the LF jack, due to it bottoming out. Good to go!

2. When my Intervac was installed the person putting the inlet hose on the back of the vacuum unit put long screw in, so it prevented me from installing the bag. Took the unit out, took the screws out, trimmed them up and reinstalled. Problem fixed.

3. Picked up a flat tire (Rainer ST's) on my R/S forward axle. Not sure yet what it is, but if I were to bet its probably a chain link from tire chains (hard winter). Taking the tire down this afternoon (TBD).

4. I'm not crazy about how the hose attaches to the Intervac vacuum wall plate. The hose expands, but when it does it pull out of the wall plate because it doesn't lock in. I might call Intervac before I rig something up. Other than that I like the accessory pack it comes with.

5. I sprayed some CRC Power Lube w/PTFE in all the keyed locks and folding step hinges. This has loosed thing up and made it easier for keys to go in.

Will keep everyone posted. Take care.
Old 02-21-2017, 05:43 PM   #3

Awesome, and yes keep us posted, I see that camping season is almost here. Congrats on your new Jayco.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 07:53 PM   #4

Yep... I have looked at HANDFULS of NorthPoints and Pinnacles just to check the vacuum screw situation. Haven't found a good one yet. The guy on the floor is a dummy.

I don't have a prob with the hose coming out though. I also installed a Dyson V6, the built in vac is just an all around PITA for how much suction it has once the bag gets anything in it. The floor pan is really handy though, that gets used all the time.

Keep an eye on your floor supports...I'm sure you've read about them.
If your unit was built pre late Dec 2015 then keep your ears open for a loud noise coming from the awning arms. You'll know it when you hear it.

Enjoy the new rig!!
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 09:15 PM   #5
jsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by william_mclaughlin31 View Post
Learned a few things today;

1. Don't have your front landing jacks to far down (about 8 holes on mine is perfect). Every time I would auto level the trailer I would have an error on the LF jack, due to it bottoming out. Good to go!
We picked our unit up just over a week ago. In relation to above the tech said to let the front jacks down 6-8" and then pull the pin and drop the feet. This would help avoid any leveling errors. I marked mine with a sharpie so I would know when to stop.

If yours was winterized and has res. Fridge reminder to replace the filter.

My .02
Old 02-22-2017, 08:43 PM   #6

*Update*

1. Took the flat tire down to the tire shop (reputable one) yesterday and the guy was unable to see any bubbles coming from a leak (I watched from behind the window). He took the tire off the rim and found no objects, so he replaced the valve stem and put some bead seal on both side. Pumped it up to 80psi and so far good to go. I've seen this happen before.

2. Got a quick response back from Intervac on the vacuum hose not staying in the wall plate. They said I probably have a bad wall plate, so I will mark that down for my 90 day dealer visit. She also said they sell a 10 foot extension hose so I will post the part number and price once I get it.

3. One issue I just noticed tonight is the slide metal base plate is slightly rubbing the carpet, on the left side, when it is retracted leaving a 2" x 6" mark on the carpet. I was able to clean the carpet and put a piece of cardboard under the slide until I get the dealer to look at it. I had the same issue in my camper.

4. One item I have been reading up on is when the battery disconnect is turned off I still have power to several items in the coach. I'm going to install a disconnect that will take care of that, and use it only when storing the coach.