Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-20-2016, 06:21 AM   #1

Picked up 2013 26.5RLS over weekend.

New to the forums, but have had a 5er for 16 years. Over the weekend we just purchased a 2013 26.5RLS. Love the layout. This is the first for us with slides. Any maintenance suggestions? Any do's and don'ts? I read on forum before I brought home about placing the 2 rear chairs back to back, worked great. Need to get some level's for it. Any suggestions for the front of it. Would like something I can see when back in to site. The front is not very flat. Thinking of getting stick on ones. Wife is also asking what we can put on the outside steps. She likes to be bare foot.
kketchmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 01:39 PM   #2

kketchmark,
Welcome to the forum - it's good to see another 26.5 RLS owner on the forum.
We have a 2016 and it must be just a bit different - because there is no way I can put the chairs back-to-back, we have to pull the slide side chair towards the door.

As to a level, I've been toying with getting one of these:
Amazon
But haven't pulled the trigger yet. We have the Lippert LevelUP automatic leveling system - so I don't have to get things perfect - I just have to know when it's WAY off.
We've only taken our rig out twice and both times the site was almost perfectly level so I haven't bothered with levels.
But I know there are others on the forum with experience with these large levels - some of it negative - so hopefully some of them will chime in.
Ford 2016 F150 Lariat, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost
Max Tow Pkg, 36gal tank
Reese Sidewinder and Reese Titan 16k hitch
BuddyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 05:35 PM   #3

I should have said that I have to move the chair next to slide and put in front of door. Then put the two chairs back to back.
kketchmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 04:00 PM   #4

We just pick up our new 26.5RLS on Thursday. Like the camper a lot!

But I am having a problem with getting it even close to level when hooked to the truck.
2016 F250. The front of the camper is about 12" to high. B&W Companion hitch is as low as it will go. Ford wasn't much help. Anyone has some do able ideas?
WPWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 04:13 AM   #5

I don't know but is their anyway that you can change the axles on the trailer, I would see the dealer and congrats.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 10:42 AM   #6

WPWilson, Congrats on the new HT. I have about a 6" difference from front to back on my setup when coupled and am looking at installing the LCI Correct Track II. This will raise the frame about 2" at the springs, and in theory, leave about 2" difference front to back. The next step will be to adjust the pin box box to get to level. I had the LCI Ground Control 3 option installed at the factory and REALLY like the auto-level and re-couple features. Good Luck!
2007 Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax 6.6 LTZ Ext Cab
AC Gypsy is offline   Reply With Quote