Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels, and Motorhomes > Jayco Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 05-23-2018, 10:10 AM   #1

Picked Up 2019 NP 377...Initial Thoughts & RVOne Experience

We just returned from picking up our new 377RLBH in Buffalo and bringing it back to Virginia (after a night of camping on the way, of course). Overall, things went well...here are a few initial thoughts:

On RVOne:
With so much commentary on RVOne, we basically knew what to expect and it lived up to the reviews. We couldn't find another dealer to come within $7,000 of their price, so we ordered the unit. Sales experience was good. They sent me a copy of the confirmation right off the Jayco Portal showing all options were ordered as I requested. The unit was ordered late February and arrived on-time (was told unit completion 4/26 and available for pickup before Memorial Day) and all options were correct. Final pricing, financing, etc. were all as proposed, no surprises. The sales and finance folks were generally responsive as I asked some questions and for some updates along the way.

The PDI (well, they call it a 'demo' because you have to pay for the unit prior to delivery...they send pictures and you are allowed to come view if you want to, but the full 'PDI' is after payment...save your criticism, we knew this going in, they make you very aware of it and to us, it was worth the risk). Anyway, the walkthrough left a lot to be desired. We were told we had two hours and toward the end of the two hours a manager came in to directly tell us that our time with the staff was up. The person who did the walkthrough with us was friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful. He went through and tested all systems with us and later, with my wife showing the way, used a wood crayon to repair minor 'wood' imperfections from the build. We experienced a problem with the check valve on the city water connection not working (when the water pump was on, water came spewing out of the water connection spigot) which they replaced with a new valve on the spot. The other problem found was a window shade that will not stay down. They could not put in a warranty claim unless we can bring it back to them to repair (obviously we are not driving 17 hour roundtrip for that) and they cannot send us the part they claim, so we're left to find another solution or go through a local authorized dealer.

So yes, we were rushed through our PDI, which was disappointing. I got through the PDI checklist that is on this forum while my wife focused on the cosmetics. It was clear that causing a stink about them limiting my time was not going to get me anywhere as the manager himself was the one telling us that time was up. Again, we were aware that this is likely part of the price you pay to buy from RVOne and we knew going in that we would not be returning for service... They fixed the one major issue we had (the city water connection) and everything else on the unit appeared to be ok.

Would I buy from RVOne again? Ask me in a year or two lol...but $7,000 is a lot of money. Service after the sale we all know is the most challenging part of this hobby with most dealers (there are exceptions of course). So rolling the dice with RVOne or rolling the dice with a local dealer for $7,000 more....I'd have a hard time not going with RVOne...just go in with the proper expectations.

On the Unit:
We really like the 377. Most of the 2019 changes are positive (to us). The floor pattern is an improvement, as is the new outlets in bedroom, added window in the kitchen, spray port by the door, TV sound bar, etc. Disappointing changes include the 'hybrid' cooktop in the outdoor kitchen and deleted metal skirting...although it is still a very good looking unit. The mattress is very comfortable for an RV and the overall look, feel and features of the unit we love. It tows like a dream...our first fifth wheel after years with a 36' TT and I couldn't believe the difference in towing behavior...really great.

Problems:
We have discovered three issues:
-City water connection spewed water when using water pump (resolved during PDI).
-One of the roller shades will not stay down...just refused to 'lock' at all...I am going to take it apart tonight and hopefully can figure it out.
-The passenger-side slide (which has the dinette and theater seats) is sticking a bit (well, we think it's sticking...we're not sure if there's a problem or not). When pushing out/pulling in, the bottom is going out / coming in first and then pulling the top later...it appears to be stressing the unit some. It appears to be even to me when looking at the slide side to side and all the seals are sealing. This slide is not a schwintek but a more 'traditional' bottom-track electric slide...I'm not sure of the brand. I'm going to put some conditioner on the seals and use some slideout lubricant on the gears...any thoughts are appreciated.

Sorry for the long post...so many of you have been helpful to us as we went through the build, thought we'd update on some thoughts. Looking forward to a 3-night Memorial Day trip this weekend!
Old 05-23-2018, 10:27 AM   #2

I have very similar observations concerning RVOne.
We picked up our 377 in Des Moines last week. We were very rushed in the PDI. The person helping us was very friendly, but not very knowledgeable about the 2019. In fact, I stopped asking questions when the majority of his responses started with “I don’t know,” or “my fifth wheel doesn’t have that.” I’m not worried, though. For the money I saved, I can figure it out for myself. I’ve already answered most of my questions either from searching this forum or the stack of owner’s manuals that came with it.

I too have the strange slide extension and retraction on the dinette slide. I thought it was hanging up at the top at first, but it does it every time and I can’t see any damage. I would be interested to know if If anyone else with a 2019 has this issue.

Overall, I am very pleased with our purchase, especially considering the amount of money we “saved.”
Flyin_low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 10:36 AM   #3

Do you have pictures? Would like to see the 19's and compare to my 16. I'm curious about the skirting.
Progressive EMS Hardwired
Beautiful Wife and Beautiful 11 YO Daughter
Standard Goldendoodle and Miniture Poodledoodle
Kahoneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 10:37 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahoneys View Post
Do you have pictures? Would like to see the 19's and compare to my 16. I'm curious about the skirting.

Here you go...haven't taken any inside yet...but here's the outside...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0626.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	194.5 KB
ID:	39997
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0627.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	206.9 KB
ID:	39998Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0628.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	195.8 KB
ID:	39999Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0634.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	180.5 KB
ID:	40000
Old 05-23-2018, 10:56 AM   #5

He are some of the interiorClick image for larger version

Name:	20180516_154133.jpeg
Views:	51
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	40005Click image for larger version

Name:	20180516_151419.jpeg
Views:	58
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	40006Click image for larger version

Name:	20180516_141042.jpeg
Views:	56
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	40007Click image for larger version

Name:	20180516_141015.jpeg
Views:	63
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	40008Click image for larger version

Name:	20180516_141012.jpeg
Views:	66
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	40009Click image for larger version

Name:	20180516_140952.jpeg
Views:	69
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	40010
Old 05-23-2018, 10:59 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyin_low View Post
I have very similar observations concerning RVOne.
We picked up our 377 in Des Moines last week. We were very rushed in the PDI. The person helping us was very friendly, but not very knowledgeable about the 2019. In fact, I stopped asking questions when the majority of his responses started with “I don’t know,” or “my fifth wheel doesn’t have that.” I’m not worried, though. For the money I saved, I can figure it out for myself. I’ve already answered most of my questions either from searching this forum or the stack of owner’s manuals that came with it.

I too have the strange slide extension and retraction on the dinette slide. I thought it was hanging up at the top at first, but it does it every time and I can’t see any damage. I would be interested to know if If anyone else with a 2019 has this issue.

Overall, I am very pleased with our purchase, especially considering the amount of money we “saved.”

That's interesting that you've had the same experience with the dinette slide. Hopefully that's just the way it is...just seems stressed when the bottom pushes out and the top stays put the first 6" or so...
Old 05-23-2018, 11:04 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbaron32 View Post
That's interesting that you've had the same experience with the dinette slide. Hopefully that's just the way it is...just seems stressed when the bottom pushes out and the top stays put the first 6" or so...
I am hoping that as well. It does seem to be a different type of slide than the other three. Also, the first time I opened it there was a loud snapping noise. It only happened once, though, and I couldn’t see any damage. Fingers crossed.
Old 05-23-2018, 11:06 AM   #8

I think that's normal for the through frame style slides. Pretty sure what you are describing happens on my 2018, too. It tips inward a little within the first several inches when extending (and same area when retracting), and then straightens out. Doesn't strain, though.

Did they shorten the kitchen island on the 2019s?

Todd
Just outside Philly
2018 377RLBH
2019 Ford F450 Platinum
Old Faithful: 2004 GMC Sierra 3500 Diesel Dually
Lowmiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 11:11 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowmiler View Post
I think that's normal for the through frame style slides. Pretty sure what you are describing happens on my 2018, too. It tips inward a little within the first several inches when extending (and same area when retracting), and then straightens out. Doesn't strain, though.

They did...and deleted the stool. Claimed the counter was blocking the view of the TV so they shortened by 4" I believe. Yeah that's another unfortunate change but still a lot of counter space. We really like the new countertop look.
Old 05-23-2018, 11:11 AM   #10

Quote:

I’m not sure about the overall length, but there is no overhang on the end opposite of the sink. Also, barstools did not come with it. I don’t think we’ll miss them though. Our previous TT had them and they seemed to always be in the way.
Old 05-23-2018, 11:17 AM   #11

Quote:
as is the new outlets in bedroom,
Where are the new outlets located?

Still a single light control for the lights above the headboard?

Todd
Just outside Philly
2018 377RLBH
2019 Ford F450 Platinum
Old 05-23-2018, 11:18 AM   #12

Quote:
Pretty normal since the slide mechanism is in the floor.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 11:22 AM   #13

Quote:

There are outlets just above the floor near the front (headboard) on each side (basically at the base of the slide). Also now has small 'nightstands' on either side with the King bed as well as the queen.

Yes, still a single control for the bed lights on the left side of bed with the blinding beam of light coming out of the switch lol...wife is doing something about that before our trip this weekend...no clue what they're thinking on that...
Old 05-23-2018, 11:27 AM   #14

Quote:

The outlets are on either side of the bed down by the floor. There is a light control for the headboard lights by the right side on the slide out wall. It is touch activated to turn the lights on an dim/brighten. The crazy thing about that switch though, there is a little hole in it with a white light shining all the time. It is not very bright during the day, but at night, it lights up most of the bed and even the closet door! A little black electric tape fixed that, though. And it still works fine. Hey—my first mod! Should I add that to the 377 mod post?
Old 05-23-2018, 11:28 AM   #15

Ok, 2018 has same outlets in same location, I knew about the night stand addition.

Place your finger over the center of that light switch and swipe up and down to control its dimming function.

According to the awning manufacturer site, the new awnings should have dimmer control for the LED lights. Did you find that, maybe on the OneControl app?

Todd
Just outside Philly
2018 377RLBH
2019 Ford F450 Platinum
Old 05-23-2018, 11:30 AM   #16

Quote:
There are outlets just above the floor near the front (headboard) on each side (basically at the base of the slide). Also now has small 'nightstands' on either side with the King bed as well as the queen.

Yes, still a single control for the bed lights on the left side of bed with the blinding beam of light coming out of the switch lol...wife is doing something about that before our trip this weekend...no clue what they're thinking on that...
Redbaron32 you gotta slow down on your replies! I’m having a hard time keeping up!
Old 05-23-2018, 11:31 AM   #17

Quote:
Ok, 2018 has same outlets in same location, I knew about the night stand addition.

Place your finger over the center of that light switch and swipe up and down to control its dimming function.

According to the awning manufacturer site, the new awnings should have dimmer control for the LED lights. Did you find that, maybe on the OneControl app?

Gotcha...we were told the outlets are new...glad to hear they've been there...certainly should be.

No, there is no dimmer for the outside led lights. We heard the same through this forum but no hard dimmer switch nor on the touch screen in the unit...haven't tried the phone app will let you know if we find different.
Old 05-23-2018, 11:31 AM   #18

Quote:

I haven’t found a dimmer for the awning light. But I’m gonna be looking for it when I get home!
Old 05-23-2018, 11:31 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyin_low View Post
Redbaron32 you gotta slow down on your replies! I’m having a hard time keeping up!

Lol...I work for a fire department...weird schedule....off today!
Old 05-23-2018, 12:39 PM   #20

I have to say that my favorite change is the new window in the kitchen. Looks great & happy camping!