Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-29-2016, 08:15 PM   #1

Picked up our new 16' Eagle HT 26.5 BHS Today!!!

Well we actually picked it up 4/28 from Richardson's RV in Riverside, CA and after camping one night at a RV park in Lee Vining, CA by Mono Lake, finally made it back to Reno. Richardson's RV was awesome, and the sales/service/parts expirience went great. Would highly recommend their dealership. Jessica Macias was our sales person and she was awesome!!!

Couple of questions came up after the fact that maybe a forum member can answer.....

1. Is there a way to empty the fresh water tank without just letting it flow into the grey tank?

2. From what I have heard there is no way to "gravity" fill the fresh water tank, so is there any other way to fill fresh water when dry camping from jugs?

I would think there has to be a way, as the fresh water tank needs to get sanitized every so often?

I guess I could always buy a 120 volt water pump, plug it into my generator, and use tank fill that way. NH Northern sells Item#32083 for about $50, and it pumps 300 gph, and is threaded for a garden hose.

mtedelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 10:20 PM   #2

Great looking setup!

1. There should be a low point drain under the camper.

2. Look at your manual but I think the sanitize mode will pump from container into fresh water tank.
estesbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 05:26 AM   #3

Congratulations, she looks great.

As estes noted, there are low point drains for the fresh water tank, and there is a valve setting in the utility center to fill the tank from a container.
robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 06:25 AM   #4

Have you figured out how to fill the fresh water without a pressurized source? I just picked up the same camper and would like to know for dry camping.

Thanks,
Rob
driscolr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 07:08 AM   #5

The low point drain for freshwater is typically a white valve under the vehicle. Most people drain as they drive since it is a pretty slow empty. As noted above on the newer stuff, it should be marked "Low Point Drain"
A2Z_Adventures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 08:31 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by driscolr View Post
Have you figured out how to fill the fresh water without a pressurized source? I just picked up the same camper and would like to know for dry camping.

Thanks,
Rob
According to Jayco and after giving them my specific VIN#, it can be gravity filled by using tank fill in the utility center. Of course you would need to use a bucket or container with a garden hose fitting on it so you can use a short length of garden hose to do it. Personally, I was going to buy a $50 12V or 120V pump with garden hose threads and just pump out of a bucket using my generator or inverter.....That way i'm not holding a bucket over my head. The on board pump will not siphon/pump from a bucket.

Also of note..... I plan to do a lot of dry camping as well, and want to make sure that I cram as much fresh water in my tank as I can. I have learned that the gauges are not very accurate. So I chanced leaving the hose hooked up to try and find out where the fresh water over flows when full. Turns out there is a drain hose by the low point water valve on the underbelly, and fresh water escapes from there when full. So fill until water starts coming out and you'll be nice and full!!
Old 05-25-2016, 08:28 PM   #7

Congrats! That is one awesome setup, it look great.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 08:43 PM   #8

Nice looking rig! Using sanitize mode will use pump to suck water into take using city water connection.
Old 05-25-2016, 08:50 PM   #9

What kind of hitch are you using?
Old 05-25-2016, 08:55 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by estesbubba View Post
Nice looking rig! Using sanitize mode will use pump to suck water into take using city water connection.
Thanks!! Unfortunately my utility center doesn't have a sanitize mode. The only way to do it according to Jayco is to:

1st option: Hook hose to tank fill in utility center > fill other end with bleach using a funnel > hook that end to a spigot > turn on water. This will in turn use the water pressure from the spigot and put bleach in fresh water tank as it's filling up.

2nd option: Put bleach solution in a bucket > use small auxiliary portable 12V/120V portable water pump with garden hose fittings > Attach short sections of garden hose to both inlet and outlet of water pump > pump solution into tank.

Option 1 sounds quick and easy so i plan on doing it that way.

What trailer model do you have estesbubba?
Old 05-25-2016, 08:59 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big1 View Post
Congrats! That is one awesome setup, it look great.
Thanks!!! I am using the B&W RVK3600 in conjunction with the Reese Revolution. So far I love it!! Tows smooth, no chucking what so ever, and very easy to hitch up using the wedge designed for the B&W. Glad I went with that combo and have no regrets.
Old 05-25-2016, 09:40 PM   #12

Awesome, thank you since I don't have anything yet I'm trying to do my homework on what other people using.
Old 05-25-2016, 10:00 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big1 View Post
Awesome, thank you since I don't have anything yet I'm trying to do my homework on what other people using.
Ask away!!! or send me a PM if you like
Old 05-25-2016, 10:45 PM   #14

Thank you sir, you are so mind but what about some pics whenever you get a chance.
Old 05-26-2016, 05:42 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtedelen View Post
Thanks!! Unfortunately my utility center doesn't have a sanitize mode. The only way to do it according to Jayco is to:

1st option: Hook hose to tank fill in utility center > fill other end with bleach using a funnel > hook that end to a spigot > turn on water. This will in turn use the water pressure from the spigot and put bleach in fresh water tank as it's filling up.

2nd option: Put bleach solution in a bucket > use small auxiliary portable 12V/120V portable water pump with garden hose fittings > Attach short sections of garden hose to both inlet and outlet of water pump > pump solution into tank.

Option 1 sounds quick and easy so i plan on doing it that way.

What trailer model do you have estesbubba?

I have a 2016 321RSTS. Here is what my water panel looks like.

Old 05-26-2016, 09:22 PM   #16

Quote:

Yup, mine is very basic compared to yours. Literally only have a black tank flush inlet, and the a fresh water inlet. For the fresh water inlet I have one lever that i can switch between tank fill, and city water connection. I meant to take a picture of it today, but spaced.
Old 05-26-2016, 09:28 PM   #17

A few more photos:

My inverter install (which will be somewhat altered soon, as soon as I install 2 6V in that same compartment.

A little snow from the other day

Old 05-26-2016, 10:55 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtedelen View Post
A few more photos:

My inverter install (which will be somewhat altered soon, as soon as I install 2 6V in that same compartment.

A little snow from the other day

Man that's an awesome setup, thank you for all of the pics, I can never get enough of them.
Old 05-27-2016, 12:41 AM   #19

Quote:

Here is ours:

Old 06-01-2016, 07:58 AM   #20

We just got the same camper and went out this past weekend for the first time. Wow do we love it! good info on the tank sanitize!
skichikk18 is offline   Reply With Quote