Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-23-2017, 05:11 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyCharm View Post
Have any of you guys had a chance to have your 375BHFS in hot weather yet? We really like this floor plan and the 375BHFS is the best we have come across in that configuration.
We spend most of the time in Texas and I am curious to know how two ac units will hold up in +100* weather since the bunkroom doesn't have an ac and a third ac isn't even an option on this trailer. We like to keep the trailer really cool, 65-67* and we are a little worried two ac units might not keep up.
We will order with dual pane windows and slide toppers as I'm sure they should help but I'd really like to hear how y'all are faring out.
Thanks.
Your going to need 3 airs I'm sure to get that cool at 100. Mines been cooling fine keeping it at 73 when in the low 90's outside (south florida) but will run alot more when that hot. I was told the 375 had a 3 air option, unless they gave me the wrong info. Ive got the toppers but single pane windows. I've had too many problems with double panes in florida losing their seal and fogging up to go with that.

2014 Ram Dually 6.7 Diesel
2016 North Point 375BHFS
shadester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 07:06 AM   #22

We have the 375. I wish the bunk room had an option for a third AC but I think it does ok. We make sure we get spots with some shade which helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Duramax SB SRW
schiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 07:21 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by schiguy View Post
We have the 375. I wish the bunk room had an option for a third AC but I think it does ok. We make sure we get spots with some shade which helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We took our first trip in the 375 this past weekend. We were in Richmond, VA, and the weather was hot, almost 90 degrees and humid. We had no shade, just camping in a field at the NASCAR race. If we left the bunkhouse door open, the bunkhouse was almost too cold, so we closed 2 of the 4 AC ceiling vents. Unfortunately, we forgot to open them again before everybody went to bed, and with the bunkhouse door closed, they said it got very stuffy back there. We're still getting used to how everything works, so there's a learning curve. The AC in the master was too loud and kept waking me up whenever it kicked on, but it was nice and cool in there.
2016 Ford F350 Platinum DRW with 5th wheel prep package, Diesel, 4 x 4
glitelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 06:52 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitelover View Post
We took our first trip in the 375 this past weekend. We were in Richmond, VA, and the weather was hot, almost 90 degrees and humid. We had no shade, just camping in a field at the NASCAR race. If we left the bunkhouse door open, the bunkhouse was almost too cold, so we closed 2 of the 4 AC ceiling vents. Unfortunately, we forgot to open them again before everybody went to bed, and with the bunkhouse door closed, they said it got very stuffy back there. We're still getting used to how everything works, so there's a learning curve. The AC in the master was too loud and kept waking me up whenever it kicked on, but it was nice and cool in there.

Good to hear it kept up. Keep us posted when you get dialed in.
Ps. My definition of cool is 65*, stuffiness even when cool makes me very uncomfortable. Have some thyroid issues being ironed out but at 64-65 at night the whole family sleeps like a log including me.