Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-08-2018, 04:34 PM   #21

I have the B&W companion slider that work very well with our 2008 2500hd chevy sb & with our 2018 293rkds 5er, We have a new 3500hd on the way and will use the same B&W companion. Great Hitch
frenchfrydaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 04:48 PM   #22

Here's my "rest of the story" post concerning my 5th wheel hitch. I discovered the hitch set-up prep that GMC does on its pick-ups is with a "puck" system. Curt was the hitch of choice at my truck supply store.
I had to remove the "capture plate" off the Moryde pin box that the superglide used. Four bolts, no big deal. Just had to use vise grips to keep the metal tubes from turning as I tried to unbolt them.

Hog3loves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 06:15 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasguy View Post
That is a risk I am willing to take. With all the forums and threads out there about the Andersen, I have not seen one from a person who directly said their warranty was denied. With the way everything blows up on the internet these days, if one persons warranty didn't cover the repair because of using the Andersen, the thread would be 100 pages long on about every rv and truck forum.
You're most likely right.

In my case, with a 377 which has a known frame issue below the bedroom slide, I wasn't willing to complicate a future incident by using a controversial hitch.
Lowmiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 08:00 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowmiler View Post
You're most likely right.

In my case, with a 377 which has a known frame issue below the bedroom slide, I wasn't willing to complicate a future incident by using a controversial hitch.
Can't fault you for that. I love the floor plan of the 377. I actually had it as one of the three models I wanted. Ultimately I got the 29.5bhok as a starter 5th wheel to see how much we would use it. I hope Jayco figures out the cracking problem soon.
vegasguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 11:49 PM   #25

B&W Slider with my short bed and love it.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 10:33 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog3loves View Post
Just traded the 2016 Chevy 2500HD short bed for a 2018 GMC 3500HD long bed with DRW. I need a new hitch to replace the super glide I used in the short bed. Looking for recommendations on what brand you all recommend or use. Still towing the Eagle 321 RSTS, max GW 12,700. Thanks.
I have a very nice air Safe Hitch I will sell you for half the price paid. I have an add in the classifieds. Have installed in my chevy 3500 now. It is one of the best on the market. You will love it. We are downsizing and don’t need it anymore. Willing to meet you half way for the transaction. I live in Titusville.
Tim&paula is offline   Reply With Quote