Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-25-2019, 12:38 AM   #1

Pinnacle 32RLTS w/Generator & W/D - pin weight?

Hello fellow RVers... we are about to pull the trigger on a Pinnacle 32 RLTS and are curious if any of you here have that coach with both the Onan generator and the Washer/Dryer..... and if you might have any real-world weights? Pin weight and loaded 5th wheel weight?

I'm confident that we will be fine with our tow vehicle, but just like to get an idea on the real-world weights.

Thanks for the help.

Don
DHart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 01:43 AM   #2

Welcome to the forum, I don't know a lot but that sound like dually ranges but others will chime in.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 07:57 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHart View Post
Hello fellow RVers... we are about to pull the trigger on a Pinnacle 32 RLTS and are curious if any of you here have that coach with both the Onan generator and the Washer/Dryer..... and if you might have any real-world weights? Pin weight and loaded 5th wheel weight?

I'm confident that we will be fine with our tow vehicle, but just like to get an idea on the real-world weights.

Thanks for the help.

Don
You are probably going to come in around 3500+/- for your pin weight.
2naEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 08:19 AM   #4

The dry hitch weight on your pinnacle maybe slightly heavier than the hitch weight on our Northpoint. We have the washer dryer combo in ours and with our basement loaded for a trip to Florida our pin weight was close to 3700 pounds. That includes the an extra 30 pound propane tank that would normally be used for the generator. I’m sure if we had the generator installed the pin weight would probably be over 4000 pounds. Our truck can handle 6500 pounds in the bed however we would easily exceed the gross combined carrying weight capacity of our vehicle if we had installed the generator. I don’t know if you already have a tow vehicle or if you are looking to get one but I do agree you are in the 3500 Dooley category and if big hills or mountains are on the way a diesel. With a Gross combined weight of 24000 lbs. our gasser pulls our North Point with no problem but it does like to rev up hills which may be a little unnerving to some. Good luck and safe travels.

Traded: 2018 RAM 3500 DRW, 4X4, 4.10, 6.4 Hemi, Curt A20 hitch, Tire Minder

2018 North Point 315rlts with most of the options.
JohnWedell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 08:58 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2naEagle View Post
You are probably going to come in around 3500+/- for your pin weight.

Yeah, I think you will be fine. I recall from over on the "Crack Study" thread, you mentioned having a Dodge 3500, LB Dually.

Jayco lists your dry pin weight at 2445. Now add 300 for the generator and fuel and, say 175 for the washer and dryer, all right behind your pin for about 2900+, which is 19% of your max GW.

We have about 3600# and 22% on our pin in a similar sized truck and have plenty more capacity both in truck GW and rear axle GWR.

We have the Washer and dryer, but not the Genset (although we keep a KitchenAide stand mixer there). Our rig is a bit bigger but your posted max cargo capacity is 2775 which is about 300 more than ours, so it sort of comes out in the wash, so to speak. Still room for clothes, beer and wine.

Good luck and have fun.
Angus
2019 F350 DRW Lariat CC Long Bed Diesel "Sheila"
3 Chihuahuas and 4 cats
We don't camp, we don't glamp, we LIVE.
Joan617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 01:49 PM   #6

Thanks for the input. Our truck cargo capacity is a bit over 5,000 lbs, so there shouldn't be any concerns with the pin weight of the 32RLTS with W/D and a generator.

2020 Mobile Suites 38 RSSA.
DHart is offline   Reply With Quote