Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-15-2015, 03:05 PM   #1

Pinnacle 36 fbts

Hello and thanks in advance
We are getting ready to purchase this unit and would like some honest feed back on it and Jayco products in general. I understand they can all have issues, but I would rather not got one with lots of known issues already. We just sold another brand that we had for ten years with virtually zero problems, it was a toy hauler.
We're buying for a larger unit with more options.

Again thanks
RT
TexasRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 04:40 PM   #2

We bought a used 36 KPTS, very similar to yours. Ours is a 2012. I LOVE yours. Great floor plan and I love the double sinks. We don't start full timing until the end of the month, but I hear the Pinnacles are great. I just wanted to wish you good luck with your new rig and travels!! And welcome!!

It's all fine and dandy until someone's marshmallow catches fire!!

https://www.5thwheelgypsy.blogspot.com
5thwheelgypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 05:34 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRT View Post
Hello and thanks in advance
We are getting ready to purchase this unit and would like some honest feed back on it and Jayco products in general. I understand they can all have issues, but I would rather not got one with lots of known issues already. We just sold another brand that we had for ten years with virtually zero problems, it was a toy hauler.
We're buying for a larger unit with more options.

Again thanks
RT
We purchased our Pinnacle 36fbts back in January. This weekend we just took it out for our first trip camping. It was better than all of our expectations. We love all the windows in the living area, lots of cabinet space, and the half bath along with the full bath is over the top. My wife and I talked about how we origianlly considered thecfront living Pinnacle but are glad we went with the 36Fbts. If you have any other specific questions let me know.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
jayfowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 05:45 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayfowler View Post
We purchased our Pinnacle 36fbts back in January. This weekend we just took it out for our first trip camping. It was better than all of our expectations. We love all the windows in the living area, lots of cabinet space, and the half bath along with the full bath is over the top. My wife and I talked about how we origianlly considered thecfront living Pinnacle but are glad we went with the 36Fbts. If you have any other specific questions let me know.
Jay
Glad your maiden voyage was good and congrats on the rig. Thanks for the response. We should be placing the order tomorrow, we have walked thru it several times and it seems like a very well built unit. We actually looked at the FL unit and kept going back to this one. Enjoy...
TexasRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 04:40 AM   #5

Jayco Pinnacle 38flsa

Hi, we are new to this group and getting ready to purchase a 2015 Pinnacle front living. ( 38flsa) is there anything we need to look at specifically? If any of you have this model or a Pinnacle are you happy with purchase?
Honestmom14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 05:35 AM   #6

2015 Pinnacle 38FLSA owners checking in here - just finished our 2nd weekend in our new 5th wheel.

We have some minor issues out of the gate - Zero fit and finish problems! - Everything is tight, and well crafted - IMO: best Cabinets in the industry, period.

Our issues so far have been functionality related - the LEd lamp over the Kitchen Table will not turn off, it turned on once, and has been burning with a cool led luminescence ever since day one...

We got the Reverse camera option - (Garmin based) - I'm a total nerd, work in IT and I've just determined it's either not installed correctly, or is not working. It never comes on - been through the manual 3 times now, not a HUGE deal, but not a little one either - got that option because this thing is 42 feet long and they do not make towing mirrors that are 6 feet (laughing).

It's heavy - better bring a 1-Ton or better. I have a 2015 Sierra 3500 CCSB with a B&W 20K companion slider - Our truck is a Single rear wheel and tugs this monster just fine.

The only major issue we have is - one or both of the Grey/Black valves are not water tight - I get some backup on the outer cap - it's not REAL nasty, but it smells of Urin and coffee....We will be taking her in for this issue, so I have to tug it back to the Dealership (~80mi).

the things that we just love far outweigh the little issues so far - At least in the 38FLSA the kitchen area is nice, the DW loves working in the triangle, says it's better than our house. the Suburban 12Gal Water heater is amazing also, works great, and if you need super duper fast recovery, use both LP and the Electric - WOW - about 15 min recovery, seriously nice.

2 fold out couches are 71 3/4 by 77 - Thats king sized or REAL close (72X78 RV king) - we fold them both out, grab up some pillows and lay out for movie night on the 60 inch bad boy.

The Fridge (samsung residential) is huge, and the Ice maker works to keep 6 adults in tasty beverages for an entire afternoon/evening.

Bathroom/Shower - Hey, ahem, 2 people fit in the shower. - 'Nuff said.

3rd Grey tank - yes - this unit has a 3rd grey tank with a drain valve just for a washer/dryer combo. - nice.

Onan 5500W Genset - WOW - this thing is quiet and runs pretty good, I put a 5gal test run in it and got just over 20 hours before it went low fuel - not running AC, did run furnace for 8 of those 20 hours. I'd say 30-40% load

Auto level system - Read the instructions inside the propane cubby door, and be amazed...I was. After a couple of years of manually leveling our 38 foot Class A (It's old but trusty! 454BB Chevy P30 chassis) - I never knew... this is a must have option.

4 steps - I'm not sure if you know this our not, but 4 steps = easy up and easy out. we have some older friends (upper 70's), and they have no issues in or out.

Overall - We feel great about this choice - Oh and it holds heat/cold like it should, over the 38F nights this last weekend we set Furnace on 68F and it stayed 68F in the whole unit - the living room was chilly (one vent up there) but using the fireplace/heater made it perfect, if not a little warm upstairs.

2015 Jayco 38FLSA - Loaded -

B&W Companion 20K slider hitch
KC_GMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 05:58 AM   #7

Thanks for the input on ya's front living. Yes, we are coming with a 2014 Dodge 3500 HT.. We pull a 42' toy hauler now.
Honestmom14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 10:53 AM   #8

38flsa 2016

We full time in our Pinnacle > 3 years in minor warranty issues.
HHNET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 08:20 AM   #9

Garmin camera. It might be out of range. I have one on my 35ft and it is barely within operable range. Good for backup but it blanks out when on the road.
Maggie, Old English Sheepdog
vcbice is offline   Reply With Quote