Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-29-2021, 08:03 AM   #1

Pinnacle 36ssws

We are looking at getting the SSWS Pinnacle and wondering those that have this model your thoughts on the floor plan if you are happy with it or not? Do you have the front window or did you go with a closet instead?
Would you do a residential fridge or the 4 door Norcold? Our dealer strongly suggests the Norcold with the reason that Jayco won’t let them repair the residential fridge and it’s hard to get a repair person. Also that sometimes when repair is needed they have to take it out.
Larver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 08:16 AM   #2

All I can comment on is the fridge since we don't have that model. You will get opinions both ways and they are all valid so it's kind of whatever you think fits best for you. Our experience with a Norcold in a previous motorhome was not good and we have had a residential ever since. First a Samsung and now a Whirlpool on this one. We do no off grid camping so the residential is our choice, cools fast and stays there consistently, which our Norcold would not do. The rv type fridges may be much better now for all I know but we have not had any issues with the residential type.

As far as service goes if you get the residential it should have an access panel on the outside that would let a repairman get to the working parts, at least ours does. I would hope this could resolve the issue of having to remove it for most repairs. This is a picture of the panel on our 32RLTS.
Attached Thumbnails
thumbnail_IMG_0376 (2).jpg  
F350guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 08:58 AM   #3

If you want things to be cold, go with the residential.

Within the first month when our fifth wheel was new, our Frigidaire stopped cooling. I made a platform to roll it out on and had it supposedly repaired 3 times.

I finally got a decent appliance dealer to look at it. It needed replaced. This was done after I screwed around for over a year with fixes.

My refrigerator came thru my entry door after the doors were removed and new refrigerator was installed and works great.
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
residential refrigerator, ssws