Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-09-2020, 10:22 PM   #1

Pinnacle 36SSWS HDMI on Living Room TV

2 questions. 1) Where are the HDMI ports on the Living room TV ? I want to use my Dish Anywhere App via my tablet / cell phone.

2) Has anyone with my Model 2019 Pinnicle 36SSWS or similar ever used a Sat. TV by connecting the Dish antenna to the Satellite port outside in the control center. If so did the Satellite TV work in the living room ? Looking for the easiest way to get either Satellite TV or stream TV via my Tablet or cell phone.
pawags45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 09:13 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawags45 View Post
2 questions. 1) Where are the HDMI ports on the Living room TV ? I want to use my Dish Anywhere App via my tablet / cell phone.

2) Has anyone with my Model 2019 Pennicle 36SSWS or similar ever used a Sat. TV by connecting the Dish antenna to the Satellite port outside in the control center. If so did the Satellite TV work in the living room ? Looking for the easiest way to get either Satellite TV or stream TV via my Tablet or cell phone.
The HDMI ports are on the bottom side of the TV. I have to access them from outside through the emergency exit window.

I have Dish Network and have no problem connecting the dish to the Satellite connection in the control center. I have perfect reception on my living room TV. Not everyone has been so lucky.
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 09:37 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRUEBBE View Post
The HDMI ports are on the bottom side of the TV. I have to access them from outside through the emergency exit window.

I have Dish Network and have no problem connecting the dish to the Satellite connection in the control center. I have perfect reception on my living room TV. Not everyone has been so lucky.
Thank You. I was debating on whether or not to buy the Dish. I hate when thinks are hard to hook up.

Larry Wagner
Stewartstown PA
2019 Jayco Pinnacle 36SSWS (Louise)
2019 Chevelet Silverado 3500 Dully Duramax Engine (Allison Transmission) (Thelma)
Old 11-10-2020, 09:43 AM   #4

Quote:
Thank You. I was debating on whether or not to buy the Dish. I hate when thinks are hard to hook up.
The existing HDMI (1) cable runs from the TV to the Furrion radio/receiver. I ran a second HDMI cable from the #2 port on the TV to my Wally receiver.
Formerly from Sequim, WA
Old 11-10-2020, 09:49 AM   #5

So I'd I don't use the DVD or radio then I can just take the cord thats screwed into the wall plate in left cabinet and hook that up to wally if I wanted ?

Larry Wagner
Stewartstown PA
2019 Chevelet Silverado 3500 Dully Duramax Engine (Allison Transmission) (Thelma)
Old 11-10-2020, 09:51 AM   #6

Quote:
The existing HDMI (1) cable runs from the TV to the Furrion radio/receiver. I ran a second HDMI cable from the #2 port on the TV to my Wally receiver.
So If I don't use the DVD or radio then I can just take the cord thats screwed into the wall plate in left cabinet and hook that up to wally if I wanted ?
Old 11-10-2020, 10:00 AM   #7

Quote:
So If I don't use the DVD or radio then I can just take the cord thats screwed into the wall plate in left cabinet and hook that up to wally if I wanted ?
You need coax from the Wally to the Sat connection on the wall plate. Then you need a HDMI cable from the Wally to the TV. You could disconnect the existing HDMI cable from the Furrion radio and connect it to the Wally.
Formerly from Sequim, WA
Old 11-10-2020, 10:05 AM   #8

Quote:
You need coax from the Wally to the Sat connection on the wall plate. Then you need a HDMI cable from the Wally to the TV. You could disconnect the existing HDMI cable from the Furrion radio and connect it to the Wally.
So either was I need to access the 2nd HDMI ? OR the TV screw thing in back of TV? I am totally lost when it comes to this stuff ?
Old 11-10-2020, 10:09 AM   #9

Quote:
So either was I need to access the 2nd HDMI ? OR the TV screw thing in back of TV? I am totally lost when it comes to this stuff ?
If you use the HDMI cable that is presently connected from the TV to the radio, then you do not have to connect anything to the TV. You would have to remove the HDMI cable from the radio and connect it to the Wally receiver. I'm with you............I'm far from being anywhere close to being an expert........I struggle also.
Formerly from Sequim, WA
Old 11-10-2020, 10:10 AM   #10

Ok thank you.

Larry Wagner
Stewartstown PA
Old 11-11-2020, 07:17 PM   #11

Ok in the top left cabinet there is a wall plate that says Sat/Aux and on same wall plate below that it says TV. THE TV Antenna is plugged into that one. ( I originally thought that was the radio cable) So if I got this right I should be able to Plug playmaker into Sat outside and that should send signal to this inside socket where I plug the wally into. Then I think I can unplug the cable for tv antenna and plug the wally into that also instead of the TV. Am I correct ? Also if this is right then can I put a 2 way splitter on the TV one and keep both ready to go ,?

Larry Wagner
Stewartstown PA
Old 11-12-2020, 09:02 AM   #12

Quote:
Then I think I can unplug the cable for tv antenna and plug the wally into that also instead of the TV. Am I correct ? Also if this is right then can I put a 2 way splitter on the TV one and keep both ready to go ,?
You should have a grey cable coming from the radio that is plugged into the aux/sat on that plate. Leave that alone! Run coax from your Wally to the connection just above the aux/sat connection.
Formerly from Sequim, WA
Old 11-12-2020, 09:12 AM   #13

Quote:
You should have a grey cable coming from the radio that is plugged into the aux/sat on that plate. Leave that alone! Run coax from your Wally to the connection just above the aux/sat connection.
On mine the Gray Cable is plugged into the bottom one and says TV. The top one is empty and says Aux/Sat
I think the gray line is the outside antenna ?
Old 11-12-2020, 09:16 AM   #14

How did you run the line to the TV. I know you went threw the Emergency window, but there is no hole in the capartment next to the radio to run a line threw and I wanted to put the wally there.
Old 11-12-2020, 09:19 AM   #15

Quote:
On mine the Gray Cable is plugged into the bottom one and says TV. The top one is empty and says Aux/Sat
I think the gray line is the outside antenna ?
Okay, then you should also have a small button on the plate that operates the antenna booster. Run coax from the Wally to the Aux/Sat connection.
Formerly from Sequim, WA
Old 11-12-2020, 09:22 AM   #16

Quote:
How did you run the line to the TV. I know you went threw the Emergency window, but there is no hole in the capartment next to the radio to run a line threw and I wanted to put the wally there.
What "line" are you referring to..............HDMI cable or coax?
Formerly from Sequim, WA
Old 11-12-2020, 09:41 AM   #17

Quote:
Okay, then you should also have a small button on the plate that operates the antenna booster. Run coax from the Wally to the Aux/Sat connection.
Yes I do have that light. The Sat equipment arrives Monday.
Old 11-12-2020, 09:41 AM   #18

Quote:
Attached are three pics. One shows the grey coax going behind the radio. I fished a HDMI cable across the back of the radio. In the pantry next to the TV, you need to remove the back panel and upper shelve. The wires run down the back and to the left entering behind the fireplace. With the TV raised if you look to the right you will see several wires coming from the pantry area. In the third pic you can see my HDMI cable (stainless braided) coming from the pantry area. It's hooked up to the HDMI 2 port on my TV.
Attached Thumbnails
Access Hole.jpg   Connection Plate.jpg   Cables from Pantry.jpg  
Formerly from Sequim, WA
Old 11-12-2020, 09:46 AM   #19

Quote:
What "line" are you referring to..............HDMI cable or coax?
If I take off the TV antenna and use that port then Coax. I don't think I would have to run a HDMI Or do I. I am also going to try and put a coax splitter and keep both outside antenna and wally to TV line if it will work. The guy at BestBuy said it should work. Just turn the light off for the antenna booster that is on that plate while using Sat.
Old 11-12-2020, 09:51 AM   #20

Quote:
Attached are three pics. One shows the grey coax going behind the radio. I fished a HDMI cable across the back of the radio. In the pantry next to the TV, you need to remove the back panel and upper shelve. The wires run down the back and to the left entering behind the fireplace. With the TV raised if you look to the right you will see several wires coming from the pantry area. In the third pic you can see my HDMI cable (stainless braided) coming from the pantry area. It's hooked up to the HDMI 2 port on my TV.
Ok I see. Do you definitely need the hdmi or will the coax plugged into that TV slot on panel instead of the gray wire work ?